Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #361
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
FYI This link also says that the information that started this thread (that FP+ is already live in the parks) is incorrect. I suspect that OP made a lot of this up and has been stringing people along for several dozen posts.
I hope not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
No one?
That may be the safest thing at this point! I am just trying to get solid info to plan my trip! I think that's all that most of us want! This just gets so aggrivating!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #362
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post

That may be the safest thing at this point! I am just trying to get solid info to plan my trip! I think that's all that most of us want! This just gets so aggrivating!
But a post about a tiny test now isn't going to impact your trip in nearly 4 months. There's no solid info to be had, and this post, true or not, didn't give any sort of info that would change your trip.

It doesn't change my October trip, either. it was just a tiny, tiny test. We can trust a random phone CM who probably lives outside of Florida (that the test isn't happening), we can trust a Dis'er who says it is but my goodness 100 people is almost nothing compared to how many people go through WDW on any day. We can trust a Dis writer and whoever he or she (the spelling of Shaun is generally a guy but I've known girl Shauns, too) talked to. But no matter what, this tiny tiny test, whether or not it's happening, doesn't change our trips in any way.

I know I was never looking to this thread for help with my trip.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #363
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
But a post about a tiny test now isn't going to impact your trip in nearly 4 months. There's no solid info to be had, and this post, true or not, didn't give any sort of info that would change your trip.

It doesn't change my October trip, either. it was just a tiny, tiny test. We can trust a random phone CM who probably lives outside of Florida (that the test isn't happening), we can trust a Dis'er who says it is but my goodness 100 people is almost nothing compared to how many people go through WDW on any day. We can trust a Dis writer and whoever he or she (the spelling of Shaun is generally a guy but I've known girl Shauns, too) talked to. But no matter what, this tiny tiny test, whether or not it's happening, doesn't change our trips in any way.

I know I was never looking to this thread for help with my trip.
That's fine, you don't have to. I want to get as much info as I can before my trip. I especially want to find out what the restrictions will be as far as how many we get, will there be tiers, can we get more when we are in the park, etc. I also want to hear what kind of hiccups people are experiencing. If there is a test going on as the OP stated, I am watching this thread for that info, if indeed nothing is happening, then I end up with nothing and that's frustrating. Any new info I can get my hands on, I want!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #364
DisneyWisher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmom View Post
I have not read a lot about these because I just figure that things will change A LOT before it actually goes live. But I do have a question:

Has anyone heard of anything with FP+ that will prevent the "waste" factor of the current FP system? We all know that people (myself included) have gotten FPs and then for one reason or another, have not used them. I have always tried to "gift" mine to a family that wanted them on my way out. But if you make reservations at 60 days out, and then decide that you don't want to use them (or can't use them or whatever), unless you go into the app and CANCEL them, they would just be wasted, right? How many people would actually go in and cancel them? Until there were credit card holds for dining options, many people didn't cancel ADRs--they just didn't show up.
I watched a youtube video kind of explaining how it works and there was the opportunity to change the FP time.
https://www.google.com/search?q=fast...&client=safari

1st video
DisneyWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #365
bwang123

these FP+ "news breaks" are becoming like CNN and other outlets trying to out scoop everyone but in the process are posting suspect info to try to be first.

probably the best advice is to avoid these threads and wait until something official is out.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #366
grelca
Earning My Ears

Seems like everyone has missed the worst part of all about the bands...

Big ol' thick tan line on your wrist.
grelca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #367
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Ah, predictions...

Last edited by Robo; 05-17-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #368
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
these FP+ "news breaks" are becoming like CNN and other outlets trying to out scoop everyone but in the process are posting suspect info to try to be first.

probably the best advice is to avoid these threads and wait until something official is out.
What's the fun in doing that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelca View Post

Good point!

I wonder if slathering sunscreen on these things will be OK.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #369
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

if this has already been asked and answered I apologize in advance...
are the wrist bands only going to be used for Disney Resort guests?
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #370
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

I wonder how this will work for AP's. We only purchase our AP's on the night we arrive so we wouldn't be able to "pre-book" the wrist band and we would NOT want grey!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #371
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"

I have to say I'm excited to see how everything goes. I haven't had any problems with MDE at home and am interested to see how it works in WDW.

1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Z28KatCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #372
Coach81
DIS Veteran

yeah called MS yesterday and begged to use.. she just said.. no.. not yet.... sigh
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:49 AM   #373
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post

are the wrist bands only going to be used for Disney Resort guests?
No.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #374
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Quote:

No rule that says "must be worn at all time while in the park". or "subject to removal from park if not worn at all times".
Old 05-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #375
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That was the FIRST think I thought about!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: