Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #316
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123

both splash mountain and BTMRR were covered up throughout the trip until at least yesterday (our last day in MK). you would think they would include at least these. We didnt ride space mountain so i can't confirm this ride but every other attraction in MK that we encountered was covered.

On Saturday, Toy Story, RNRC and TOT were all covered.

The only top attraction I noticed was EE uncovered yesterday. Did not ride safari or kali so I don't have info on that as well.

I didnt see anyone using magic bands but if its 100 people just in AK, then I can see why.
Soarin' was uncovered yesterday, and Toy Story Mania was uncovered today. (My littles are too small for RNRC and afraid of Test Track & ToT).
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #317
MACUSER
Photographer Disney geek

Will be at POR on Sunday I am going to ask about it when we check in, wouldn't mind trying it out if testing is going on while we are there.
Dixie Landings 4/00
Port Orleans Riverside 5/01,4/03,5/04,4/05,5/06,6/07,11/08,6/10,5/13
Contemporary 12/01
Old Key West 2/02
PoP Century 5/12, 10/14

MACUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #318
msmileyface
Mouseketeer

Nice Disney CM on the phone said.. not till 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmileyface View Post
I called Disney. I told them I am travelling in June and asked if I would have to worry about the new FastPass system. The person on the phone was very surprised I was even asking about this. He said, "Oh, no.. that's only JUST being piloted now and it won't really be rolled out until 2014." Just my 2 cents.

Just quoting myself since a lot of people might not have seen this earlier. It's not gospel but it sure made me feel better to hear the CM tell me this on the phone.
msmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #319
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmileyface View Post

Just quoting myself since a lot of people might not have seen this earlier. It's not gospel but it sure made me feel better to hear the CM tell me this on the phone.
I wouldn't put too much weight on this. CMs are notorious for having incorrect information about things like FP+.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #320
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
There is recent quote from the CFO that basically says their belief is the more they can get customers to schedule in advance, the less likely the customers will leave to visit competitors.
Interesting because I was thinking just the opposite. We will always visit a certain competitor and I've already been strategizing on how to use fastpasses even more wisely to have more time to spend away from the Disney parks. This isn't just to visit that competitor but to perhaps do more hanging out at the resort and resort hopping and such things. Unless I'm missing something (which is possible since we still only have limited knowledge) this might just free up more time.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #321
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Interesting because I was thinking just the opposite. We will always visit a certain competitor and I've already been strategizing on how to use fastpasses even more wisely to have more time to spend away from the Disney parks. This isn't just to visit that competitor be to perhaps do more hanging out at the resort and resort hopping and such things. Unless I'm missing something (which is possible since we still only have limited knowledge) it might just free up more time.
You are in the minority of their expectations. I expect we all (on the DIS) are.

By guests spending less time wondering what they'll do next within a park, they expect they'll do more while in the park - and they are hoping that translates into more shopping and eating.

I'm not sure why that expectation is any more realistic than when they first came up with Fastpass.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #322
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
You are in the minority of their expectations. I expect we all (on the DIS) are.

By guests spending less time wondering what they'll do next within a park, they expect they'll do more while in the park - and they are hoping that translates into more shopping and eating.

I'm not sure why that expectation is any more realistic than when they first came up with Fastpass.
Yup.

It's not like I'm at a loss looking for something else to pass the vacant time.
I just use any "extra" time in a park to ride (or re-ride) more attractions and see more shows.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #323
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

If someone already plans to leave the park then they probably will do so anyway. I don't see this as making much difference when it comes to that group.

I guess that I can see those that are there for the duration possibly shopping more. A person can only eat so much.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #324
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
If someone already plans to leave the park then they probably will do so anyway. I don't see this as making much difference when it comes to that group.

I guess that I can see those that are there for the duration possibly shopping more. A person can only eat so much.
It is for the group that has not planned to leave the park. If they feel tied to the park through fast passes and meals already booked they are less likely to go drive I-4 to see what's there.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #325
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I wouldn't put too much weight on this. CMs are notorious for having incorrect information about things like FP+.
and this thread was started by a person who is thought to be a CM.... hmmm...

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #326
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, in all fairness.

It's only an issue if you want to do rides in the parks.

Lol classic
mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #327
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Limiting the quantity of fastpasses that a guest can get is not a method of getting guests to spend more time in gift shops.

If a guest ducks into a gift shop for several minutes, when he comes out he still has to wait the full length of time in a ride line if he does not have a fastpass. Can anyone suggest (or imagine) a way around that?

1. A family gets in line. One (or more) members can leave, duck into a gift shop, then rejoin the rest of the family.

2. (you finish the story).

Quote:
am really hoping they get to a larger test WITH NON FULL roll out by the time we arrive in September.
When it gets this large, this test should be available to all guests jumping through the same hoops. For example if volunteers are selected only at deluxe and moderate resort concierge desks, then any guest should be able to report there at the appointed hour(s), follow the same instructions, and have an equal chance of participating.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #328
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Looks like some MagicBands are indeed in the wild - and some more details about colors and selection:

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/05/17/f...gic-magicband/

Some interesting details:

- You must choose a color at least 5 days in advance. Less than 5 days everyone gets "Iconic Gray" (was to sensationalize a boring color there...)

- If you do it at least 10 days out, they can be shipped to you. I'm betting there is an upcharge for that.

- You can get your name (9-10 characters) printed on the band - I'm going to assume that likewise has to be done in advance. No idea on an upcharge.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #329
TJBerry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Looks like some MagicBands are indeed in the wild - and some more details about colors and selection:

Some interesting details:

- You must choose a color at least 5 days in advance. Less than 5 days everyone gets "Iconic Gray" (was to sensationalize a boring color there...)

- If you do it at least 10 days out, they can be shipped to you. I'm betting there is an upcharge for that.

- You can get your name (9-10 characters) printed on the band - I'm going to assume that likewise has to be done in advance. No idea on an upcharge.
According to the link, your name goes on the back of the band, the part that sits on your skin. I was thinking it would be on the front, like a fun ID bracelet for kids to wear with their first names. Other than the possibility of having it returned to you if lost, I don't see the appeal of having your name on the band if no one sees it.

"Iconic Gray"? LOL I guess just "grey" was too boring.
TJBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #330
TJBerry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
MagicBand Guest Reservation Timeline:
  • From booking until 10 days prior reservation date: Each guest can choose a specific color for their band and get their name printed. Guests can also choose to either have their MagicBands shipped directly to their house or to their resort to be picked up from the front desk at check-in. If shipped home, the MagicBands will be sent no earlier than 30 days from the reservation date.
  • From 9 days prior until 5 days prior reservation date: Guests can choose their color online and specify a name, but the only option is to have the MagicBands sent to the resort to be picked up from the front desk at check-in.
  • From 5 days prior until reservation date: Guests can no longer select their color and all guests in party will receive ‘Iconic Gray’ MagicBands at check-in.
TJBerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: