Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #1621
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
This is interesting. The blackstone group just purchased Seaworld. I was doing a google search on who owned seaworld, and this just came out on the orlando sentinel, not even 15 minutes ago. The fine print says blackstone group has 50% shares in UO.....http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ackstone-group

SeaWorld Orlando will flip to new owner

SEAWORLD SOLD

After months of talks, Busch Entertainment will be sold to Blackstone Group for up to $2.7 billion

October 7, 2009|By Jason Garcia, Sentinel Staff Writer

Edited to say: Mad Hatter beat me to it.

I think this story is from 2009.

Last edited by mom2mickeyfan; 05-31-2013 at 12:01 PM.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #1622
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

oops! thanks mad hatter, I must have been looking at the current clock and not the date of the article!
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #1623
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

Your right, it is.

My bad!!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #1624
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post

All mention 3 a day based off T+C's I believe, and CM comments (though I'd trust the T+C's more). It could change, but so could everything else about this system.
And, we can only use one FP+ per headliner. I can't ride roller coasters, so some parks, I can use just one FP+. Stinks for me.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #1625
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
And, we can only use one FP+ per headliner. I can't ride roller coasters, so some parks, I can use just one FP+. Stinks for me.
Yeah in the tests they stratified the attractions you can prebook into groups. Presumably as a limit to what you can actually book, and to encourage people to use their fastpasses on 'b' and 'c' level attractions.

It's a fairly safe bet that the more unnecessary FP's will again be in one group and the really in demand ones (and halfway decent ones) in other groupings, effectively requiring you to book Stitch or something similarly 'meh' as opposed to another headliner.

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #1626
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Ya know, I haven't really kept up with the whole FP+ deal, preferring to wait until it rolls out and I know what it actually IS before judging whether or not it's good for my touring strategies.

BUT, I DO have one thing I'm curious about.

EVERY day you hear about people thinking the current FP system is an add on that costs money.

Every day you hear about people that don't know what it is, or, don't know how to use it.

The things I've been reading on this thread make whatever the new FP+ is will be a little more complicated.

How will the folks who were flummoxed about the old FP EVER be able to understand the new FP?
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #1627
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
Ya know, I haven't really kept up with the whole FP+ deal, preferring to wait until it rolls out and I know what it actually IS before judging whether or not it's good for my touring strategies.

EVERY day you hear about people thinking the current FP system is an add on that costs money.

Every day you hear about people that don't know what it is, or, don't know how to use it.

The things I've been reading on this thread make whatever the new FP+ is will be a little more complicated.

How will the folks who were flummoxed about the old FP EVER be able to understand the new FP?
The main theory is, and the one that makes the most sense, is that they really won't have to try and figure it out. Disney just has to get them to register into the web site/download the app, telling them a little bit about their family and Disney will pre-select some FP+s for them if they don't want to do it themselves. My biggest question is how are they going to get people, especially off-site guest, to register into the website or to use the app.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #1628
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

I am on the fence with this magic band thing.

I tend to like to go with the flow when I do a theme park. If you have little ones it can be hard to tell them they can't ride Dumbo because they are not scheduled to ride it until 4pm and no you can't do Peter Pan until 3pm.

I know I don't want to schedule my rides. I like to pick a park and wander my way through.

Last edited by Seeker615; 05-31-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #1629
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They won't figure it out. They will just ride IASW and CoP over and over......

Planning our next trip...
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #1630
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Stitch or something similarly 'meh' as opposed to another headliner.
Never heard Stitch described so blandly!

The words in our house are usually 'disgusting', 'gross' and the like.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #1631
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBelleMom View Post
Never heard Stitch described so blandly!

The words in our house are usually 'disgusting', 'gross' and the like.
After we rode it in April, my wife and I were commenting about how terrible it is, they need to replace it, etc. My youngest then said, "It could be worse. Remember Captain EO?" We were laughing so loudly that people began to stare.
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #1632
TJBerry
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That has been my question all along, too.
TJBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #1633
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

This discussion of how FP+ could be used to push/pull people into going to the park WDW wants people to go to, by offering better FP+ options for said park got me thinking:

Will they have dynamic FP+ selections? Let me explain...

What if I have a BOG ADR for 6:00. WDW knows I'm going to MK that day. It's in my account. So, they don't need to "push" me to MK. Might they only offer me "B" FP+ for that day, and instead offer headliner FP+ to someone else, to entice this other party to go to MK that day?

Or, what if it looks like MK is going to be packed that day. Would they try to get me to go to DHS be making me choose between BOG with IASM and COP FP+s, or mid afternoon TSM and F! FP+s. And, for some reason, that is the only TSM FP+ available the entire week I'm there...
Old 05-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #1634
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

deleted

Last edited by Rileygirl; 06-10-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Rileygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #1635
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
I know that when people were saying, a couple (or perhaps 20) pages ago, that I could be working for Disney, I thought, really?
It wouldn't be the first time Disney floated concepts over the unofficial networks to sound out potential reaction...
Quote:
Stuff I am posting, if correct (and there is no saying whether I am or not), would more likely make me to be a mole for Universal. And if peoples thoughts are turned that way, I can understand that suspicion.
Ah, but a truly clever Disney marketeer would make it look like they're a Universal mole while actually shilling for Disney!
Quote:
How can you possibly actually know who I am, or what I do. I could be some guy living in his moms basement in portland oregon for goodness sake.
I didn't/don't; that's why I asked.

And if you're really not lying, then you've already admitted to being Canadian, so I doubt you live in Portland.
You might, however, be living in your mother's basement in Toronto...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: