Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
loudisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Add us too please! We just booked for this cruise!

It will be a family cruise for us. My dh and twin ds (turning 14 three days before the cruise) are going; this will be our second Disney Cruise. We did a 7 night western Caribbean last December and LOVED it!

My step-daughter, her husband and grand-daughter (3) are coming along. This will be their first cruise and for him and grand-daughter first exposure to Disney.

We are staying at WDW at AKV Kidani for five days before.

Looking forward to this wonderful, magical cruise!

Past Trips: SWW @ Yacht CLub Club level May 2014, Yacht Club April 2014, Poly CL March 2014, Offsite December 2013, POR October 2013, POR March 2013, 1st Disney Cruise Fantasy December 2012, Boardwalk Villas December 2012,Offsite December 2011/Janaury 2012, Wilderness Lodge October 2011, Coronado Springs September 2011, Fort Wilderness Cabins December 2010, Offsite March 2010, Offsite March 2009, Offsite March 2008, All Star Sports March 2003, Offsite December 2000, Carribean Beach December 1990
loudisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #17
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new cruisers that have joined us since the last time I posted!

Our city, Colorado Springs, could use your prayers. We have a fire in our Black Forest area that's been going for 2 days now. We live close to the Black Forest and are just a couple miles from the southern part of the evacuation area. Below are posts I made on Facebook

Heartbreaking :-(
FOX21 News
BREAKING NEWS: [9:11a] 360 homes have been completely destroyed #BlackForestFire
Like · · Share · Promote · 25 minutes ago ·

This in a rural area where many homes sit on many acres. Please continue to pray as the fire is still at zero containment.

Good News! FOX21 News
LATEST [9:30a] No reported injuries or fatalities #BlackForestFire

Currently 1205 homes appear to be unaffected.

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
twinmom108 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #18
Golf1007
Earning My Ears

October 24

Hello, we are going on this cruise as well. My husband, myself and our 10 year old girl, Madison. This is our 2nd Disney cruise. I'm interested in the FE too! Mary from Illinois
Golf1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #19
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Update on Colorado Springs Black Forest Fire

Some progress has been made & there is good news to be had but there still is a ways to full containment.

Update on Colorado Springs Black Forest Fire:

FOX21 News
NUMBERS UPDATE: From the #BlackForestFire Press conference at noon on Saturday, June 15:

45% containment
100 new firefighters
3,181 homes are untouched
473 homes are a total loss
17 homes are a partial loss
15,500 acres

They've reduced the evac area & About 4000 people (not in the burn area)have been allowed to go back to their homes. The situation is getting better but there's still much to do before the fire is at full containment. Also they still have about 6000 homes that have not yet been accessed about their condition. Thank you for your prayers!!

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
Old 06-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
Stingrey729
Earning My Ears

Welcome to the new folks. And thank you for the update. ..I will surety keep those families in prayer.
Stingrey729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #21
Stingrey729
Earning My Ears

Surely*
Stingrey729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #22
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiosue View Post
My 4th Disney cruise first on the Dream. Hoping a lot of Adults participate in Adult only venues. Sometimes it's a ghost town, hoping not on this cruise. Let all have. Great time!
You can add another 4 adults, we will bring our dancing shoes! lol
CaymanPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #23
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Hi again!
Ok, who is stepping up to the plate to org. the FE????

I would love to do it, but CAN'T be in charge. I've done 2 so far, and its not that difficult, so hoping someone going on their 2nd Disney Cruise can step up to the plate. I am happy to help, but considering this is my husbands 1st Cruise I really want to step back.

To make it easier on the Lead person, I think everyone should post their information before Tuesday October 1st, 2013. This will help those who are making their FE gifts and need more time. Remember, it is supposed to be fun and not stressful!

I will start details:

Cabin #9176
Christina & John
Gabriella 8yr old daughter
4th Disney Cruise, will be GOLD after this sail

Cabin #9006
Robin & Peyton (adults)
4th Disney Cruise, will be GOLD after this sail

Last edited by CaymanPrincess; 06-18-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: .
Old 06-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #24
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Update on Colorado Springs Black Forest Fire

The situation is much better now but this fire was the most devastating fire that Colorado has ever seen.

containment is 75%
483 homes lost (that's alot of families )
over 3600 homes appear unaffected ( firefighting team simply amazing!)
over 14000 acres burned
2 fatalities

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
Old 06-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
karmacats
Mouseketeer

DH and I just booked this cruise last week as a somewhat-last-minute anniversary trip (our anniversary is Oct 23rd). We had planned to stay at AKL all week, but then realized our APs ran out on the 22nd. Ooops. So, now we're staying at AKL at the beginning of the week, and doing this cruise to close out our vacation.

We haven't been on a Disney cruise since the Magic in 1998!

We're just two adults, and we're night owls, so for the PP who wanted adults to hang out with at night, you've got 'em right here!

I don't think we can do the FE thing because we're staying concierge level, and apparently the concierge hallway is gated so no one can get to our room. I'm kind of bummed, though I'm not a crafty person at all, so I doubt anyone would have wanted whatever I came up with, anyway.

Even though I can't do the FEs, if anyone organizes anything else - a disboards get together, or a cabin crawl, or whatever - I'd be up for that for sure.

To the PP in colorado, i hope things are getting back to normal there. We have good friends who live in colorado springs and they are all ok but have other friends who lost their entire houses, cars, etc.
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #26
JetSetter007
Earning My Ears

Hi! Can't wait!

Room #9006
Robin ~ Celebrating my birthday!!
Peyton (19yr old daughter)
4th Disney Cruise, going for the GOLD!
JetSetter007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #27
dzfitch
Miss Molly

Girls Weekend!!!

Hi all! My name is Molly and my 5 friends and I will be joining you on this cruise! This will be my 4th Disney cruise and my second time on the Dream! One other person in our group has cruised Disney before (on the Wonder) but the other 4 girls are all first-timers!

AND as a semi-seasoned-cruiser, I will step up to the plate and organize the FE exchange - I have organized it once before and I feel confident that i am again up to the challenge! So if you would like to be included in the Fish Extender exchange, please post your room number, names, ages and also who is a male or female (some names are tricky!). I will compile a list that I will update here, and I will also bring copies of the list for everyone to the ship I think the October 1st cut-off is appropriate, if everyone else agrees?

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Saratoga Springs - 2013
All Star Music - 2013
Wonder * 5 nt Miami Sailing - 2013
Old Key West - 2012
Dream *3 nt Sandy Sailing* - 2012
Port Orleans French Quarter - 2012
Port Orleans Riverside - 2012
Wonder *7 nt Mexican Riviera* - 2011
Pop Century - 2010
Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - 2009
All-Star Sports - 2009

Last edited by dzfitch; 07-01-2013 at 05:58 PM.
dzfitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #28
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzfitch View Post
Hi all! My name is Molly and my 5 friends and I will be joining you on this cruise! This will be my 4th Disney cruise and my second time on the Dream! One other person in our group has cruised Disney before (on the Wonder) but the other 4 girls are all first-timers!

AND as a semi-seasoned-cruiser, I will step up to the plate and organize the FE exchange - I have organized it once before and I feel confident that i am again up to the challenge! So if you would like to be included in the Fish Extender exchange, please post your room number, names, ages and also who is a male or female (some names are tricky!). I will compile a list that I will update here, and I will also bring copies of the list for everyone to the ship I think the October 1st cut-off is appropriate, if everyone else agrees?

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!
Your a super star!!!!
I've already posted my infor (CaymanPrincess) as well as Robin's info.
Please count us in. I've org. 2 FE's in the past, so let me know if you need any help. Great choice for cut~off date.
Its my husbands first Cruise, hoping he doesn't get too overwhelmed, and enjoys it so much that he will join us for future sails. Thanks again for stepping up to the plate! Christina
Old 07-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #29
loudisneyfan
Mouseketeer

So excited! We paid off our cruise today

Past Trips: SWW @ Yacht CLub Club level May 2014, Yacht Club April 2014, Poly CL March 2014, Offsite December 2013, POR October 2013, POR March 2013, 1st Disney Cruise Fantasy December 2012, Boardwalk Villas December 2012,Offsite December 2011/Janaury 2012, Wilderness Lodge October 2011, Coronado Springs September 2011, Fort Wilderness Cabins December 2010, Offsite March 2010, Offsite March 2009, Offsite March 2008, All Star Sports March 2003, Offsite December 2000, Carribean Beach December 1990
loudisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #30
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudisneyfan View Post
So excited! We paid off our cruise today
Hello Ontario! Welcome aboard.
Christina
(fellow CDN!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread