Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #31
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
The only mistake I made before my first cruise was booking a 4 nighter instead of 7!!!!
Here! Here! I realized after our 3day Dream cruise it was just as much work to prepare for a 3 as a 7. Won't make that mistake again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
Rebook onboard to take advantage of 10% off your next cruise and to get the OBC. Read your navigator so you know whats going on at all times. Don't try to do everything because you will not be able to. If your DD is interested in the characters there will be lots of opportunites to see them and get pics taken. Try new foods and don't be afraid to order more than one thing if you want. Relax and have a great cruise.
THIS! I'm just going to keep rebooking every cruise until DH catches on to my scheme. He can't turn down a good "deal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasiesabound View Post
Experience Deck 4 outside at night.

Keep walking further on CC - just keep walking to the end of the family beach and you will get the best spots.

Pee everywhere! - no seriously, use the bathrooms everywhere on the ship! So much fun to see the different themes!
Love your suggestions! I marked quite a few as things we need to do on our next one. Agree with all of the above. Thought I was the only one checking out the different bathrooms. Too funny! Dh thought I was preggers again I was peeing so much! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWithers View Post
I'll tell you one tip I'm super excited about is dropping off an item at Guest Services for character autographs. A lot of people mention a pillowcase, but I opted for a white photo mat. It'll go great surrounding a family picture from the cruise!
Yes. This is our absolutely favorite vacation swag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoundrellv View Post
Also make sure at least one night order room service and get a mickey dream bar.
We loved doing this! Found this suggestion on the boards before our trip and DH was hooked the first night. So yummy!

I'd also recommend bringing a highlighter to mark up the Navigator. Bring a bottle or some sort of mug for the drink station.

You need small bills to tip room service, porters, etc.

Pack ziplock bags of varying sizes. I thought this was just silly and I did it this time around and I can't believe how useful this was. Our DD is 16 mths so this may have something to do with it.
swimfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: