Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

How accurate is easywdw for park hours and events?

The day we plan on going to MK (Wed. October 2), the calendar on easywdw says ''Tentatively Recommended for Nighttime Entertainment'' in the green letters. We are going to MK twice but NOT going to MNSSHP at all. October 2nd is going to be our long day there with all the parades and Wishes. We are also going the day after we arrive but the park closes early for MNSSHP and there are no fireworks, which I don't mind since we have a second day there. I'm worried that the calendar will change! I made my dining reservations according to my week plans and parks on specific days. Is it definite that they'll have both parades and Wishes that day? Since it does say "Tentatively Recommended for Nighttime Entertainment'' I'm worried they are going to change it...

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBliss7 View Post
The day we plan on going to MK (Wed. October 2), the calendar on easywdw says ''Tentatively Recommended for Nighttime Entertainment'' in the green letters. We are going to MK twice but NOT going to MNSSHP at all. October 2nd is going to be our long day there with all the parades and Wishes. We are also going the day after we arrive but the park closes early for MNSSHP and there are no fireworks, which I don't mind since we have a second day there. I'm worried that the calendar will change! I made my dining reservations according to my week plans and parks on specific days. Is it definite that they'll have both parades and Wishes that day? Since it does say "Tentatively Recommended for Nighttime Entertainment'' I'm worried they are going to change it...
That is probably just a recommendation pertaining to crowd levels. There will be fireworks that night. There are fireworks every night (including MNSSHP) weather permitting.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
That is probably just a recommendation pertaining to crowd levels. There will be fireworks that night. There are fireworks every night (including MNSSHP) weather permitting.
Yay! Thanks

Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But there might not be parades. There's no way of knowing until the schedule is released. But easywdw is a pretty good prediction.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
But there might not be parades. There's no way of knowing until the schedule is released. But easywdw is a pretty good prediction.
True, but as of now, MSEP. And Wishes are on the TA calendar, so it is a safe bet that they will both happen.

OP, they could potentially add hours to that week (not on MNSSHP nights, of course). If they adjust the schedule, it will likely happen in Sept.

Last edited by smitch425; 05-14-2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
True, but as of now, MSEP. And Wishes are on the TA calendar, so it is a safe bet that they will both happen.

OP, they could potential add hours to that week (not on MNSSHP nights, of course). If they adjust the schedule, it will likely happen in Sept.
Agreed. If they are already on the TA calendar, it is very unlikely that they will be canceled.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

Compare the easywdw calendar with the Dis and the main Disney site.

Like others have said there is always fireworks, unless the Weather gets in the way.

I always compare several sources to make sure I can plan correctly.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardLarz View Post
Compare the easywdw calendar with the Dis and the main Disney site.

Like others have said there is always fireworks, unless the Weather gets in the way.

I always compare several sources to make sure I can plan correctly.
I didn't know there was a calendar on the main Disney web site I'll have to check that out! And what does TA stand for? I guess I should probably know...I feel silly that I don't

Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBliss7 View Post
I didn't know there was a calendar on the main Disney web site I'll have to check that out! And what does TA stand for? I guess I should probably know...I feel silly that I don't
TA= travel agent. It is the most accurate calendar and always the first to be updated. Here is the link for October...

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_oct.pdf
Old 05-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

Quote:
TA= travel agent. It is the most accurate calendar and always the first to be updated. Here is the link for October...

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_oct.pdf
Thank you!

Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
ktlm
DIS Veteran

I believe that "Tentatively recommended for nighttime entertainment" means that when MNSSHP is running the park is always more crowded on days when there is nighttime entertainment, but because it is recognized that people will want to see the nighttime entertainment, although the park normally would not recommended for that day due to crowds, it is the day of the week that is "Tentatively recommended for nighttime entertainment". In other words, crowd wise, you are better off if you go on days that don't have the nighttime entertainment that week because since the days with it are limited (due to the party nights) it is a big crowd draw, but if you want to see it, that is the day you should go. It doesn't mean the entertainment is tentative, it means the recommendation is tentative.

We find easywdw to be the most accurate in terms of park recommendations and crowd calendars.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #12
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
I believe that "Tentatively recommended for nighttime entertainment" means that when MNSSHP is running the park is always more crowded on days when there is nighttime entertainment, but because it is recognized that people will want to see the nighttime entertainment, although the park normally would not recommended for that day due to crowds, it is the day of the week that is "Tentatively recommended for nighttime entertainment". In other words, crowd wise, you are better off if you go on days that don't have the nighttime entertainment that week because since the days with it are limited (due to the party nights) it is a big crowd draw, but if you want to see it, that is the day you should go. It doesn't mean the entertainment is tentative, it means the recommendation is tentative.

We find easywdw to be the most accurate in terms of park recommendations and crowd calendars.
Ditto this completely. OP, you're misinterpreting what "tentatively recommended" means on EasyWDW.

FWIW, we've been to MK on one of these days, just for the nighttime entertainment. The park is much, much busier than a recommended day (essentially, MNSSHP days in October). You can get way less done than on party days just due to the crowds. If you have hoppers, I'd recommend going to a different park in the morning and then hopping over to the MK for the parade and Wishes. If you don't have hoppers, just temper your expectations. Get there at RD, and then prepare not to get much done (ride wise) in the afternoons.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ca...meofday=allday

This is the page I could find for Oct. 2nd on the Disney web site. It show the Electrical Parade at 8:00pm and Wishes at 9:00pm. Of course Disney does not have a crowd calendar, but mid-week in October I would not think the crowds would be to bad.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

Last edited by WizardLarz; 05-14-2013 at 11:34 AM.
WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

MrsJ Henry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: