Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #61
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Yay!!! You're back. Your updates have been missed.

I am back, and I missed all of you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm so happy to hear about your arrival day! Sounds like everything from your flights, to your ME ride, to the rental car pickup went smoothly. Score! On the front seat.

Such a deal on the car! Wow!

Lunch at EoS looked like it hit the spot.

Hooray on the Beach Club pin!

They didn't have one on our last trip, or I think maybe I saw one early in our trip at the Marketplace, but when I finally went to buy one, they were sold out! On our last day, one of the CMs at the Marketplace had a YC pin, so I had Ben trade for it. And there is a happier ending- one of my friends on the FAQ board purchased a Beach Club pin for me, so I have one now!

Looking forward to checking out your room and touring the parks with your fearsome foursome!
Arrival day went ridiculously smoothly, I couldn't have asked for more! That rental car deal made getting a car a no-brainer, I may never top that deal. EVER.

I was so excited to find that BC pin because I had been so bummed when I couldn't find one in October. Now let's all keep our fingers crossed the Yacht Club pins will still be there when we stay there in October.

Just wait until you see our villa, it is incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for the info on the Magic Bands!

Glad you got some business attended to and got to check out some super cute topiaries.

I'm intrigued to hear about your evening plans!

I was happy to finally see the bands in person after hearing so much about them. Now, if only Disney would release any sort of info about FP+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
Gosh I love these photos. The magic bands look really neat.
Thanks! The bands seem to be a well-thought-out design, now let's hope the rest of the new system feels that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
Thanks for posting this magic band photos! Helpful to have a visual review of the process!
You're welcome! Glad to help bring some useful info to all my best Disney friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrilinja View Post
I'm in! I love your reviews. ALL of them!

Awww, thanks! We're glad to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Some day I have to get to the flower and garden festival, it's so gorgeous!

The RFID bands had me a little worried, (i get irritated by things like that) but thanks for all the info, really clears a lot up! They don't look so bad. Leave it to disney to put that much thought even into the bands.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
The festival is so pretty. Epcot looks incredible with all the colors from the flowers everywhere. Franklin should have some pictures later on in the trip of the Monsters U. topiaries, they were so creative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love going to Epcot during the Flower and Garden festival! It's too bad I missed it this year, with the new booths, but maybe next year!

Wow, that's so cool that you guys got to try out the Magic Bands! I'm glad you don't have to wear them all the time, I don't really like having things on my wrists, but they actually seem pretty comfy, from the way you described them!

The festival is such a fun time of year to go. Sadly, with such a short trip, we didn't get to really try much from the kiosks, maybe next year!

My biggest issue with the bands are the tan lines they will cause. Those things take up a lot of real estate on you arm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Subbing in! I was there April 27th to May 3rd. The first half of our week was sunny and nice while the last half was rainy. We made the best of it but your pics of a sunny Epcot look much nicer than my soggy ones!
That stinks that it rained so much on your trip. We really lucked out on this trip, not a drop of rain in five days! The Disney gods were really smiling down on us there. Glad to have you aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
I'm in! I look forward to reading your report--thanks for sharing it with us!

I hope you're having a great day! Jennifer
Thanks for joining in!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #62
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Beautiful F&G pictures! That is one time of the year I have never been to Disney World, but it's on my bucket list. Too bad you weren't able to get a passholder pin, but that's pretty cool that you were able to check out the Magic Bands while you were there.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #63
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Caught up on all of your TRs! And you were in my city! While I was gone, but still. The bands look awesome.

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #64
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Joining in! My dad and I stayed at BLT in April and loved it. Can't wait to hear what you thought about it! All of your pictures are amazing!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #65
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Beautiful F&G pictures! That is one time of the year I have never been to Disney World, but it's on my bucket list. Too bad you weren't able to get a passholder pin, but that's pretty cool that you were able to check out the Magic Bands while you were there.

Epcot is just so pretty for the F&G Festival, the colors really pop in the springtime sunshine!

I was shocked about the passholder pin because I haven't had a problem getting a passholder pin at Food and Wine the past few years and that is a much busier festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Caught up on all of your TRs! And you were in my city! While I was gone, but still. The bands look awesome.

Welcome back! From the looks of your tweets, I think you had a pretty good time. We had a lovely trip to Richmond, great town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Joining in! My dad and I stayed at BLT in April and loved it. Can't wait to hear what you thought about it! All of your pictures are amazing!
We love BLT (and CR)! I don't quite understand the people who say those resorts aren't "Disney" enough. I mean you can see the castle from practically anywhere in the resort. And the artwork in the BLT villas are amazing, it's all very Disney, but in a subtle and upscale way.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 06-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #66
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

We last left off with Franklin and I running over to Epcot to upgrade our annual passes to RFID passes and were heading back to Bay Lake Tower because our villa was ready!

We were booked in a one-bedroom, lake-view villa at BLT. Letís take a tour, shall we?

You come into the villa and see the full kitchen on the right and the dining room table on the left. There is also a big living room with gorgeous picture windows.

The couch pulls out into a full bed and the chair is a sleeper, as well.

Next, letís head into the master bedroom.

That pass-through window goes to the master bathroom.

Thereís a jacuzzi tub and a stand-up shower.

One of the great things about BLT is the second bathroom in the one-bedroom.

And Iíve saved the best part of the tour for last. Remember when I said this was a lake-view villa? Well, we had a beautiful view of the lake on the right.

But it was kind of difficult to focus on the lake when you saw THIS when you looked to the left.

Thatís right, we lucked into one of those magical lake-view villas that had a full view of Magic Kingdom. They canít classify them as theme park view because you donít see it when you look straight out from the balcony. I, however, was perfectly fine turning my head ever so slightly to the left to stare at my castle. Sigh, that was a truly happy sight.

Magical Express had already dropped off our luggage, and Bell Services quickly brought up the rest of our bags and groceries. We couldnít hang around long, because we had a very important ADR to get to: 'Ohana.

We drove over to the Polynesian, so weíd have the car to get to DHS after dinner.

Those of you who have read our past TRs, you already know that 'Ohana is one of our must-do restaurants. I know the restaurant gets mixed reviews on the Dis. But we have never had a bad experience there. And since we typically do late dinners there, itís always a little jarring to see the Poly in the daylight.

We checked in and were seated in less than 10 minutes, which might be a new record for ĎOhana.

Gotta love the empty quiet of the first seating.

The salad came quickly after we were seated with two loaves of the pineapple coconut bread. And with it came a recommendation to our 'Ohana newbies not to fill up too much on the yummy bread and salad because there was still tons of food still ahead.

Next, came my favorite course: the potstickers and wings!

Then came the noodles, veggies and meats.

The steak was a little dry this time, so I ended up eating more of the pork and chicken.

Some of you may know that I have Crohnís Disease and because of that, I canít eat a ton of fruits and vegetables. I love the noodles at 'Ohana, but I always spend so much time picking the noodles out that the noodles are cold by the time I can eat them. Iíve always heard how great 'Ohana is for people with allergies, so I explained my situation to the waitress and asked if there was any way to get noodles without veggies and she went to the kitchen and came back out with a big bowl of them! I was so freaking happy.

We were all so full, but there was no way we were going to pass up the bread pudding.

The bread pudding was as out of this world as ever. I was worried about 'Ohana living up to the reputation Franklin and I had built up to Laura and Meghan. But it turns out, those worries are unfounded, they absolutely loved the meal and were happy and full as we left!

Dinner was but only the appetizer to our evening. You see, the date was May 4th, and in the Star Wars world, that date was rendered May the Fourth Be With You. And as part of Disneyís Limited Time Magic promotion, they were throwing a huge Star Wars party at DHS. And thatís where weíll be heading in the next chapter. Trust me, youíre not going to want to miss this.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #67
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see your May the Fourth be with You photos!
My last 2 trips to Ohana were disappointing. Prior to that, it was one of my can't miss places as well. But the last 2 times, the steak was just not done. I don't mean rare, not done! And the steak was always my favorite. We have it on our schedule to do with the boys trip, but I am a little worried. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed again.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #68
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

The room at BLT just gorgeous, and that VIEW!!! Oh my gosh, how lucky! Can't beat getting a lake view AND a theme park view!

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at 'Ohana. We have only ever done breakfast but I listened to a dinner review on the DIS Unplugged, and they were not kind. I'm happy you didn't have the same experience. That bread pudding looks phenomenal!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #69
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Hi Missy and Franklin

Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your trip reports and to echo everyone else and compliment Franklin on his wonderful photography skills! Love, love, his pictures!

I enjoyed seeing the inside of BLT because that is one Disney Hotel that has never been of interest to me but after seeing your room, I think I'll put it on my list to try. You had asked for an even #'d room. Are those the ones that have a view of MK?

Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Linda

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
wishinon3stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #70
natebenma
DIS Veteran

You guys do not mess around! Great, busy start to your trip!

The villa is AWESOME!!! I can't believe how big it is. Um, the view is ok too!

Once again, you make a pretty persuasive case for 'Ohana. We'll try it again someday. Not sure exactly when, though.

Wow, and your night ain't over yet! Can't wait to see what is happening over at HS.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #71
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great pics around Epcot.
The room and view are fantastic.
Ooh my favorite thing is coming up, Star Wars.
All caught up.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #72
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post
I actually just recommended that exact camera to a friend of ours. I'm glad you got that, over the NEX 3. The NEX 5r has a faster focusing system. The NEX line is also great for those starting to get into photography. You can set the exposure manually and have the ability to change lenses. But the main draw, is that it has a bigger sensor, like those in a consumer DSLR. That translates into better image quality and much better low light photos.

These are also known as Mirrorless cameras. Where as, the camera I'm currently using has a mirror in it. The main benefit for cameras, like the NEX5r, is that it is a much smaller package. Our friend just has a baby, and a larger camera system would have been out of the question, on top of the diaper bag, toys and bottles.

The best camera is the one you have with you. What would be the point if they bought the bigger camera and didn't bring it anywhere, because it was to cumbersome?
Thanks for the info. I'm really excited to start playing with it, just waiting for work to calm down a bit so I can really devote some time to it, Do you know if filters can be used with this type of camera? Do they just go on the end of the lens?

I loved your photos of BLT and reading about Ohana. I know I said it before on one of your other TRs you have going right now, but you have inspired me to make sure I get to Ohana on my next trip to WDW, whenever that is. I could eat potstickers for the whole meal. And the coconut pineapple bread sounds amazing, too!

Can't wait for the Star Wars installment of this TR
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #73
Aurora1972
Getting my Disney on! Where's the poporn?

I adore the rooms at Bay Lake Villa. They are all so beautiful! Plus, you have that wonderful Magic Kingdom view! If I ever stay deluxe I think in will in BLT! Anywhoo, looking forward to following along on another TR. I don't now how I'll keep them all straight in my head!

Walt Disney World Trips- offsite- 1980, 1982, 1992, 2012 Find me on Twitter or Facebook.
Aurora1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #74
FancyNancy
Princess

Oh my gosh your villa was GORGEOUS!!! And that VIEW!!! Why do I now was bread pudding for breakfast? I'm totally blaming this on you.

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #75
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: