Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #31
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Love the new ME desks!! They are so cute!

What a great deal on the rental car!

We have never eaten at Earl of Sandwich. Maybe we should try it one time!

Who can walk right by Basin and not stop by??? This girl!!!! It gives me a headache with all the strong smells.

CUTE fingernails!!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #32
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Yay, getting to Disney! I haven't taken ME in years, but I still get that tingle when we drive under the sign.

Gotta have EoS when we hit Downtown Disney. It's sooooo delicious!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #33
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Uneventful flights are the best kind. I just wish I was capable of falling asleep on planes.

Oooohhh, those ME desks are so bright and shiny!

Wait....$32 total?! For a car for five days! That's insane!
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #34
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

THREE trip reports at once!

I am quite jealous! Mostly because I would do it too if I could get to Disney that often!

I love Franklin's pictures as usual.

And you have great taste at EoS! I always get the Ham and Swiss. I tried it my first time eating there, and my sister and our friend got something else. I gave them a bite and it's the only one we've gotten since!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #35
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I`m in! I`ll be back to catch up!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #36
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Checking in to this one, too. Went back to reread your last update from AKL. Turns out we are doing the mother/daughter trip end of August and switched from POR to AKL when the discounts came out. Now considering the safari.
Love the start to this TR! And, as always, Franklin's photos are just gorgeous! DH bought me a Canon EOS Rebel T4i for Christmas this year (of course, just the kit lens), but I really need to get a better lens. I keep going back to my old Canon Power Shot S3is because of the zoom! I need to have a good teacher show me how to use this camera. I have 2 trips coming this summer to WDW and would really love to know how to use the camera.
Looking forward to more.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #37
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Checking in to this one, too. Went back to reread your last update from AKL. Turns out we are doing the mother/daughter trip end of August and switched from POR to AKL when the discounts came out. Now considering the safari.
Love the start to this TR! And, as always, Franklin's photos are just gorgeous! DH bought me a Canon EOS Rebel T4i for Christmas this year (of course, just the kit lens), but I really need to get a better lens. I keep going back to my old Canon Power Shot S3is because of the zoom! I need to have a good teacher show me how to use this camera. I have 2 trips coming this summer to WDW and would really love to know how to use the camera.
Looking forward to more.
I just recommend the T4i to a good friend of ours who just had a kid. I'm glad you got the that and not the T5i. Apparently, there isn't much of a difference. So, you saved lots money there. Here's a funny review of the stuff you are missing out on the T5i https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHqjUrykTU

My first advice to anyone using a DSLR, is to stop using the "green auto" mode! Use the "P" (program) mode instead. "P" mode will be similar to auto but, it will allow you to control more aspects of the camera. Also, "P" mode will prevent the flash from popping up. No Flash on dark rides! Your photos will look better without flash anyway. I don't use flash for any of the photos you guys have seen so far.

Shoot everything! Keep practicing. Shoot indoors, shoot outdoors. You should be comfortable using your camera before you go on your trip. You don't want to be fumbling with settings, then miss special moments.

For more zoom reach I would take a look at the 55-250mm lens.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._4_5_6_IS.html

I would also recommend the 30mm f/1.4 lens. This is great for low light and dark rides. But, it's on the pricey side.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._4_dc_hsm.html
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #38
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Hi, Missy and Franklin

I am looking forward to reading more of Missy's wonderful story telling and Franklin's gorgeous photos.

I always enjoy your TR's.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #39
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I love uneventful flights. LOL
Ooh the new desk at ME is nice.
Those sandwiches from Earls looked good.
Very nice pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #40
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post
I just recommend the T4i to a good friend of ours who just had a kid. I'm glad you got the that and not the T5i. Apparently, there isn't much of a difference. So, you saved lots money there. Here's a funny review of the stuff you are missing out on the T5i https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHqjUrykTU

My first advice to anyone using a DSLR, is to stop using the "green auto" mode! Use the "P" (program) mode instead. "P" mode will be similar to auto but, it will allow you to control more aspects of the camera. Also, "P" mode will prevent the flash from popping up. No Flash on dark rides! Your photos will look better without flash anyway. I don't use flash for any of the photos you guys have seen so far.

Shoot everything! Keep practicing. Shoot indoors, shoot outdoors. You should be comfortable using your camera before you go on your trip. You don't want to be fumbling with settings, then miss special moments.

For more zoom reach I would take a look at the 55-250mm lens.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._4_5_6_IS.html

I would also recommend the 30mm f/1.4 lens. This is great for low light and dark rides. But, it's on the pricey side.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._4_dc_hsm.html
Thanks so much. I am off to practice shooting.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #41
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Love the new ME desks!! They are so cute!

What a great deal on the rental car!

We have never eaten at Earl of Sandwich. Maybe we should try it one time!

Who can walk right by Basin and not stop by??? This girl!!!! It gives me a headache with all the strong smells.

CUTE fingernails!!
The new DME desks are totally adorable! It really gives DME a more permanent vibe than it had before.

The rental car deal will go down in history, I don't think I'll ever be able to replicate it (but I sure will try ).

You MUST try EoS, that's an order!

Thanks! I had Mickey heads on my two thumbs and Minnie Mouse polka dots on my big toes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Yay, getting to Disney! I haven't taken ME in years, but I still get that tingle when we drive under the sign.

Gotta have EoS when we hit Downtown Disney. It's sooooo delicious!
I love DME, it really is a great way to start your trip. The video is great and seeing all the different resorts is fun (even if you're just itching to get to your resort!).

EoS is so simple, yet simply delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Uneventful flights are the best kind. I just wish I was capable of falling asleep on planes.

Oooohhh, those ME desks are so bright and shiny!

Wait....$32 total?! For a car for five days! That's insane!
I usually sleep on the way down because it's such an early morning. But I was wide awake on this trip. But I had good TV in my iPad to keep me company.

Totally insane deal on the car. I kept calling National to confirm the price because I was worried it was some sort of glitch in the system they wouldn't honor once we got there. But they assured me it was no glitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
THREE trip reports at once!

I am quite jealous! Mostly because I would do it too if I could get to Disney that often!

I love Franklin's pictures as usual.

And you have great taste at EoS! I always get the Ham and Swiss. I tried it my first time eating there, and my sister and our friend got something else. I gave them a bite and it's the only one we've gotten since!
Yes, three trip reports. I must not value free time. This has been quite the "Year of Disney" for us, and it's been tons of fun!

The ham and cheese sandwich is simply perfection, no need to stray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I`m in! I`ll be back to catch up!
Yay! Glad to see you over here Wendy. Now you get the full story instead of just the bits and pieces you saw on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Looking forward to more.
You will love AKL, it is so gorgeous. You truly transported there. The safari was amazing (as you could see from that chapter), but it gave you real insight into the Lodge itself.

Looks like you found a good teacher for your new camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Hi, Missy and Franklin

I am looking forward to reading more of Missy's wonderful story telling and Franklin's gorgeous photos.

I always enjoy your TR's.

Thanks Tina, I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed our TRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I love uneventful flights. LOL
Ooh the new desk at ME is nice.
Those sandwiches from Earls looked good.
Very nice pics.
Uneventful flights are the best. The flight from DC is so easy. Just a hop, skip and a jump and you're in Florida.

The sandwiches tasted even better than they looked!

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #42
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Reading along for this one too! How have I not read your trip reports before!? You are an awesome writer and your fiance an awesome photographer. Makes for some great trip reports!

I really like your hair color in this trip report. So pretty!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #43
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

And following this one too. At least I got here at the beginning
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #44
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I just realized that I never joined in here! I can't keep track of all your threads!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #45
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Yay! A third TR I just got caught up on all three of them and I'm loving every moment! My husband is sitting next to me on the couch and is now craving a return to WDW. Now I just have to figure out when we'll fit it in...

On the photography side of things, I just got a Sony Nex 5r as an early birthday present. I haven't really messed with it at all yet, but I am hoping to read the manual from cover to cover and figure out how to work everything on it soon. This camera is my baby step towards a DSLR. Do you have any opinion or knowledge about these types of cameras (CSC), Franklin? I did a fair amount of research before choosing this one, but I'm trying to learn everything I can, so any input would be appreciated.
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: