Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #1411
Arielle71
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=herb102211;49270147]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle71 View Post

Thanks! The systems were definitely messed up this year!
Did you try again ?
Arielle71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #1412
mmorrison
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
I'm normally big on benefit of the doubt!! I've been in Cust Svc (many moons ago!) as well, and I understand how it is.

However, when I asked for a supervisor, he didn't say a word and just cut me to the survey. I would think that if his intention was to transfer me, he would have said that. He just sounded ANNOYED -- the moment he got on the line.

I'm sure he had a bad morning. But a bad attitude from the get-go in that call - not ok.

All in all, over the years, I've had really good CM experiences. Sometimes uninformed, but VERY RARELY rude like this gentleman was. That said, I get over these things quickly - certainly not worth hanging onto!!

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME LAST YEAR!!! I was LIVID and we din't get what we wanted when I finally got someone on the phone.

I am sorry.

DVC AKL & BWV

February 2015 AKL (1/2 Princess)
October 2014 BWV
February 2014 AKL
October 2013 BWV
October 2012 AKL
October 2011 BWV
November 2010 BWV
October 2010 AKL
June 2009- AKL
February 2008- Poly
April 1997- POFQ

We just can't wait!!!!
mmorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #1413
herb102211
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Arielle71;49270176]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post

Did you try again ?
I tried again around 10am and the CM said it was fully booked I might try back again later this afternoon as I was told on Friday and Saturday that Buddy's culinary demo on 10/14 was sold out and then yesterday I was able to book it. So who knows!

Enjoy our events!!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 12/14- AoA 3/15-BC, 5/15-YC
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #1414
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichellT View Post
Disney has handled this so badly it isn't even funny! What a sham. Clearly they don't have the technical competency to host a proper website, or handle the incoming calls that result from not having one. The two agents I spoke with after waking at 5a were nearly useless as well and one lost something she had on hold for me which is now sold out (PTFS 10/19 WVL).

Disgusted.
Isn't everyone excited to see My Magic+ implemented after this fiasco over the last several days? Just think what fun that will be - the system goes down or doesn't work and you can't get into you resort room, can't get into a theme park, you can't get into your dining locations with advanced ADR's, etc. Something to look forward too!

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #1415
heidi8
Looking for Vanellope

The website seems to be working now for booking General Admission for Party for the Senses, and there was availability for October 26 when I just checked. Good luck, all!

Yes, I did go on the Teacups 30 times in a row on my 30th birthday!
heidi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #1416
jaygalterio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Are the Sweet Seats reserved for you by name? Or is that still first dibs too?
The year we had Sweet Seats, it was by name. We checked in. Were let into the "holding area" and then we were shown to our seats by one of the hosts. So no rush and no scramble.
jaygalterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #1417
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi8 View Post
The website seems to be working now for booking General Admission for Party for the Senses, and there was availability for October 26 when I just checked. Good luck, all!
I don't get it. I'm on the website with the events listed, but I can't find a link to actually reserve or check availability for anything?
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #1418
heidi8
Looking for Vanellope

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
I don't get it. I'm on the website with the events listed, but I can't find a link to actually reserve or check availability for anything?
It's basically by specific event, and not all the events are available for online booking. But you can link to the ones that are via https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...pecial-events/

This link takes you right to Party for the Senses bookings: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...ty-for-senses/
But it's only for General Admission bookings.

Yes, I did go on the Teacups 30 times in a row on my 30th birthday!
heidi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #1419
Cynth
Mouseketeer

I'm wondering if the Party for your senses events sell out fast?
I'm wondering if i should try to book it now, or if I could wait until a closer date, because I'm not really sure if I want to spend that kind of money, and even less sure on what to get.

Book challenge : 16 of 30

Last edited by Cynth; 08-13-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: wrong event name
Cynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #1420
Steve-O
Tampa via NOLA

FRL Success

Took 15 minutes (start to finish beginning 11:15 ET) to get 2 French Regional Lunches. They still ask for card number multiple times but at least they get all the conf numbers at once and don't have to read the instructions for each reserve.
I'm a little less Grumpy, now.
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #1421
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

I called at 8:15 this morning (forgot today was the 15th!). it took me about 10 calls to get through to being on hold..then I was on hold for 50 mins before speaking to someone.

That would have been fine if the person I spoke to had been knowledgeable. When I first asked her about the 3D Dessert Discovery, she thought I was asking about the Wishes Dessert Party and told me the reservations for October weren't open yet. I had to clarify that I was asking about the food and wine festival event. Then she didn't know about the difference between the GA and the Sweet Seats, so I was put on hold a bit again while she figured that out. There was more, but those are the low-lights :P It's the first time I gave negative feedback on the survey at the end because she was so less than helpful.

sadly, no sweet seats available, but we did get GA for the 3D Dessert Discovery on 10/4. Hopefully GA will work out OK. Has anyone done it before? How early do we need to get in line to get in?

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #1422
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Dh and I were both on line at 5:69am (our time), dialing over and over. I got through by 6:01 but the lines were already full and I was put on hold. 45 minutes later (I was sweating bullits by then) and I finally get through (dh is still on hold).

Good news was I was able to get most of the events we wanted, a couple were sold out...but that's life.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #1423
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Isn't everyone excited to see My Magic+ implemented after this fiasco over the last several days? Just think what fun that will be - the system goes down or doesn't work and you can't get into you resort room, can't get into a theme park, you can't get into your dining locations with advanced ADR's, etc. Something to look forward too!
Just another reason we stay offsite, and I carry all my confirmation numbers around handwritten on an index card. We carry paper tickets, too. Not sure I want to convert to RFID when the time comes. We are definitely NOT getting any magic bands, no matter what. This is making me lean more and more toward keeping my old paper tickets.

We never do any of the special events, just the booths (F&W is my favorite and really the only reason we come back to Disney at all), and watching this thread and what you've all had to endure just makes me that much more glad we don't participate.

So, so sorry it has been such a nightmare for everyone and I sincerely hope you all enjoy your events, considering what you had to go through to get into them!
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #1424
BGK
Mouseketeer

Waited 50 minutes starting at 8:30ET. Missed out on Scotland... and the Citrico's signature dinner, as both were full. Got my two French regional lunches, an Italian regional lunch, and the Flying Fish signature dinner. I only had to give credit card information once. The CM was very friendly and efficient. The whole process took about fifteen minutes once I connected, which was consistent with past years. What wasn't was the 90 minutes of busy circuits.
BGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #1425
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi8 View Post
It's basically by specific event, and not all the events are available for online booking. But you can link to the ones that are via https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...pecial-events/

This link takes you right to Party for the Senses bookings: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...ty-for-senses/
But it's only for General Admission bookings.

Thanks! This morning I was told on the phone that 3D was sold out - both general admission and sweet seats. Now, the general admission is available online and on the phone . Crazy.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: