Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #1396
jaygalterio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Well, it has been a fun morning.

Disconnected 45 minutes into holding, disconnected 16 minutes into holding, circuits are busy message ever since. Finally booked 3D Dessert Party online just to have something booked but sad to miss out on the sweet seats. GA isn't too bad, right?
General Admission isn't that bad. Just try to get on line as soon as you can. Last year we got in line about an hour to an hour and a half before door open. (Bring an umbrella just in case.)

If you have a small party, then someone can place hold so that the other person can sit down for a bit or stretch their legs.

When you get inside, by pass the first couple of tables. There will be a mad dash for the first tables people see. Just keep going and there are plenty of additional tables in front of the stage and down around the corner.

My wife and I had a table on the far side of the room well before that whole area filled up. We had empty chairs that we were more than happy to share. When I spotted one of the couples that had been waiting in line with us, I happily invited them to make use of the empty chairs instead of standing. (They weren't so lucky as to nab a table. There were too many distractions I guess. And they didn't realize just how much of a madhouse it can be.)

Same thing happened at the Party for the Senses the next night. In this case a family with a bunch of young children had no luck finding a table. We didn't mind sharing then either.
jaygalterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #1397
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Started phone bombing at 6:58AM. Took about 200 tries to get through, and then told I would be on hold for 30 minutes. More like an hour. Anyway, there's only a few events that interested me on during the time we're there (10/13 to 10/16), and luckily my Cast Member was fantastically quick. I was able to lock up the Italian Regional Wine Lunch on 10/14, and a Bacardi Mixology Seminar on 10/15. If I hadn't gotten the Italian lunch, I'd have been very bummed.

Considering this is pretty much the premiere special event at Epcot, I'm really amazed at how disorganized it always is. I have no idea why they can't lock up the schedule a month or so earlier, so that we could at least pick the days we wanted to plan a trip for rather than just book a trip and pray something we want is happening that weekend.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #1398
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Just finished booking a couple of seminars online. Booked a wine class yesterday. Everything is linked. Finally working correctly.

We made some ADRs at WDW last February when we were there using MDE (or whatever it was then). That worked fine too. It was easier to do that than call or even walk up to the desk at the restaurant.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #1399
sasmmb
Mouseketeer

Argh! I only wanted to book 1 thing, Parisian Breakfast for 11/2. After finally getting thru, CM said it was booked. Even double checked in different ways. Granted I'm in California right now and called at 7:00 local time, with 25 minute hold but still I would have thought this would not be a high demand event. Is it worth calling back? I forgot to ask for a supervisor just because the CM seemed competent.
1974 - 1st trip - off site; Summer 76 - off site; Winter 76 - Golf Resort (now Shades of Green); 86, 88, 92 - off site; years blur together but AS Music, AS Sports, WL, DL, CBR, BW Villas, 1 night GF Concierge, Poly, YC, Swan, AS Sports, CBR (Dec 31, 1999), WL, AKL, CS, Poly, April 07 Swan, POFQ and Pop Century; Sept 07 FW Cabins; Oct 07 Dolphin ; Oct 08 off-site; Oct 09 BWV; Oct 10 SSR; Feb 11 GF; Nov 11 AKL/BWV; Jun 12 off-site; Nov 12 Pop Century; Nov 13 BWV; Feb 14 CBR and CS; May 14 OKW; Oct 14 Dolphin and BWV

DCL - Inaugural Alaska May 2011 (Wonder); West. Carrib. May 2012 (Fantasy); Eastbound Transatlantic May 2014 (Magic)

Married at the Disney Wedding Pavilion 1998
sasmmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #1400
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Thank you for that great advice! Sounds a little crazy and stressful, just like booking it was! DH agreed to take over phone duties to see if we can switch to sweet seats after I pointed your post out to him, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygalterio View Post
General Admission isn't that bad. Just try to get on line as soon as you can. Last year we got in line about an hour to an hour and a half before door open. (Bring an umbrella just in case.)

If you have a small party, then someone can place hold so that the other person can sit down for a bit or stretch their legs.

When you get inside, by pass the first couple of tables. There will be a mad dash for the first tables people see. Just keep going and there are plenty of additional tables in front of the stage and down around the corner.

My wife and I had a table on the far side of the room well before that whole area filled up. We had empty chairs that we were more than happy to share. When I spotted one of the couples that had been waiting in line with us, I happily invited them to make use of the empty chairs instead of standing. (They weren't so lucky as to nab a table. There were too many distractions I guess. And they didn't realize just how much of a madhouse it can be.)

Same thing happened at the Party for the Senses the next night. In this case a family with a bunch of young children had no luck finding a table. We didn't mind sharing then either.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1401
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:

Great advice! So if you don't get a table... you stand and eat?

We're new to these events, obviously.

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #1402
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

This is the first time I've had to make 4 phone calls and spend the equivalent of 1 hour 20 minutes cumulatively on hold over 2 separate days to get everything I was interested in. And that's with getting through on the phone line the second it opened up on the official booking day. I had to make three phone calls just today.

Quote:
Argh! I only wanted to book 1 thing, Parisian Breakfast for 11/2. After finally getting thru, CM said it was booked. Even double checked in different ways. Granted I'm in California right now and called at 7:00 local time, with 25 minute hold but still I would have thought this would not be a high demand event. Is it worth calling back? I forgot to ask for a supervisor just because the CM seemed competent.
You should try. Some events apparently did not load into the system until closer to 8 AM. I think some of the CMs didn't understand why they weren't showing up and decided they must be sold out. Mine didn't say that, she said she didn't understand why they weren't showing up either.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 08-13-2013 at 10:55 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #1403
JenKatt
Geek in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
This is the first time I've had to make 4 phone calls and spend the equivalent of 1 hour 20 minutes cumulatively on hold over 2 separate days to get everything I was interested in. And that's with getting through on the phone line the second it opened up on the official booking day. I had to make three phone calls just today.

You should try. Some events apparently did not load into the system until closer to 8 AM.
Were you able to get that last ressie?

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #1404
Arielle71
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=herb102211;49269601]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle71 View Post
I was on hold for 30 min but I got a great CM and I was able to book all 8 events that we wanted, 5 signature diners, the hibachi experience, 3D dessert party with sweet seats and sweet sunday breakfast with Buddy Valastro !!!

Youhou! only have to wait 55 days now![/QUOTE

Good for you! Just curious as to what time you got through to book the Sweet Sundays. I was told at 7:01am today that it was sold out
I got the line at exactly 7:30, so sorry for you ...the CM told me the same thing for the Jiko diner and at the end of our conversation it was available !!!
Arielle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #1405
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingMatt View Post
Got my Parisian breakfast. I explained there were two adults and 1 infant (10 months). They charged me for 3. Is this right? I didn't want to miss out on the reservation and was happy to get it but I didn't know it was a full ticket for a baby. Thoughts?
Yes, that is correct. For food and wine events, there is no exception for any age - everyone pays full price, even infants.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #1406
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenKatt View Post
Were you able to get that last ressie?
Finally! I see you got your wine view.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #1407
JenKatt
Geek in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Finally! I see you got your wine view.
Yes, thankfully... it's mom 65th birthday that week

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #1408
jaygalterio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
Great advice! So if you don't get a table... you stand and eat?

We're new to these events, obviously.
This will be the third year we've done 3D. We did the Party for the first time last year.

If it is the same way as I have experienced, then the floor layout is about the same between both events. The floorplan is like a giant, angular U, with almost 45 degree turns I would guess.

The middle area on the far wall is where the stage is usually set. In front of that is a number of seating tables. Probably about two dozen of these with four or five chairs each. Then a walking space, followed by the Sweet Seats (for 3D) in a cordoned off area. There are probably two dozen of these tables too.

I believe that there were special seats in this same area for the Party, but I don't recall the details of those.

Around the periphery (the arms of the U, you could say) were clusters of additional tables. Usually four or five chairs per table. You enter at the far end of one of these "arms" from a holding room where they drop a curtain. (If you get in line early, try to get as close to the curtain as you can. Position in line is usually lost in the holding room. Placement is everything.)

Now around the periphery of the tables are the tall standing tables. Like bar tops. No chairs, just a lot of leaning.

For the 3D event, the food kiosks are scattered in clusters. I believe with each cluster serving the same items. Usually four or five unique tables, with two or three clusters. The end cap of each table also hands out plenty of wine and scotch.

Make sure you go in hungry and thirsty. Skip dinner. Forget your diet.

But, by all means, don't panic. There is usually plenty of seats. And, if you are in doubt, be nice to the people in line with you. They might just score a good table if you get unlucky.

Last edited by jaygalterio; 08-13-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Added Information
jaygalterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #1409
herb102211
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Arielle71;49269923]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post

I got the line at exactly 7:30, so sorry for you ...the CM told me the same thing for the Jiko diner and at the end of our conversation it was available !!!
Thanks! The systems were definitely messed up this year!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 12/14- AoA 3/15-BC, 5/15-YC
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #1410
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
This will be the third year we've done 3D. We did the Party for the first time last year.

If it is the same way as I have experienced, then the floor layout is about the same between both events. The floorplan is like a giant, angular U, with almost 45 degree turns I would guess.

The middle area on the far wall is where the stage is usually set. In front of that is a number of seating tables. Probably about two dozen of these with four or five chairs each. Then a walking space, followed by the Sweet Seats (for 3D) in a cordoned off area. There are probably two dozen of these tables too.

I believe that there were special seats in this same area for the Party, but I don't recall the details of those.

Around the periphery (the arms of the U, you could say) were clusters of additional tables. Usually four or five chairs per table. You enter at the far end of one of these "arms" from a holding room where they drop a curtain. (If you get in line early, try to get as close to the curtain as you can. Position in line is usually lost in the holding room. Placement is everything.)

Now around the periphery of the tables are the tall standing tables. Like bar tops. No chairs, just a lot of leaning.

For the 3D event, the food kiosks are scattered in clusters. I believe with each cluster serving the same items. Usually four or five unique tables, with two or three clusters. The end cap of each table also hands out plenty of wine and scotch.

Make sure you go in hungry and thirsty. Skip dinner. Forget your diet.
Are the Sweet Seats reserved for you by name? Or is that still first dibs too?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: