Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #1366
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahInMN View Post
Holy hell! What an experience - in previous years, I've had virtually no problems. Guess my luck partially ran out this year!

So, after spending 50 minutes on hold for a second time, I was successfully able to book kitchen memories on the 18th and 25th AND both cheeses on the 19th and 26th. I know I should just be happy but seriously?? I had to call two times. I've been up since 345 am my time.

Deep cleansing breath. then put more coffee on.
Congrats!!!

No biggie -- just go to sleep at 7pm today!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #1367
jad35
Earning My Ears

Woohoo! 3rd time is the charm. Was told no avail for Parisian breakfast at 7:20. Just got thru again and was able to book it!
jad35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #1368
JenKatt
Geek in training

To everyone who is told things are sold out/ unavailable - be persistant. Apparently, on top of things not being loaded correctly, they are also "hidden". In other words, the CM's on the phone are having to be very creative to find the bookings. I was blessed with a good CM when I called who had to search a variety of ways to just find PFTS and then again to find the WVL. She said just about everything she's had to be very creative with to find today for everyone....
just when I think Disney IT can't be any stupider....

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #1369
SarahInMN
Really my username should be SarahInOR now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
What is the BOG dinner?

We did WVL until they did reserved seating level last year in addition to the general admission and WVL. I won't do WVL again now that I can get a reserved seat on the main floor. It's such a crazy price differential and I don't think you get much more with WVL than reserved seating. A SWAG bag, but nothing worth all the extra $ for WVL,
BOG dinner = Be Our Guest dinner which I snagged for me, my husband, my MIL (who was crazy happy excited), and FIL (who is more excited about the beer) courtesy of the 180+10 rule way back in April.

Agreed on WVL - we like the reserved seating concept and early entry but not worth the extra cash.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #1370
amywa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
Aha!! Hope!!! So perhaps I'm NOT on hold for nothing right now, listening to Pirates music...
Just got off after checking the 10/12 date - GA only but its seems everyone gets different answers base on cast member mine was a bit confused so to you and hang in there
amywa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #1371
cloudnut220
DIS Veteran

We got everything we wanted! Taste, Shake and Induldge Like the French on 10/12, and Frunch on 10/13. We are doing a short trip basically to do the events, so I'm glad it worked out. Good luck to everyone else!

Running Disney -- The Happiest Pain on Earth

2012 and 2013 The Years of the Disney Races!

Marathon Weekend 2012: The Half and Half Challenge Expedition Everest Challenge: Recap
Disneyland Half Marathon: PR Time Baby! Marathon Weekend 2013: Third time is not the charm with Donald EEC 2013

Coming Soon: Dumbo Double Dare
My piece of the interwebs: 990 Square
cloudnut220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #1372
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

Talking Success!

WOO HOO!

I just got off the phone with Disney & was able to book everything I wanted. I originally called in at 7, got a CM at 7:16, and was told that they couldn't book anything for F&W because of an IT problem. I tried to call back starting at 8 & kept getting "all circuits are busy." Eventually, I got through & waited for an hour on hold. Although it was very frustrating experience, I'm happy that I finally got to make reservations.

10/21 Erin McKenna (BabyCakes) deminar
10/22 Edgardo Ruiz (The Land) deminar
10/24 Lee Lucier (Eat!/Nosh) deminar
10/24 Breckenridge mixology seminar
10/25 Kitchen Memories with the Voltaggios

This will be my first time at the F&W Festival. I'm really looking forward to my trip & hope to meet some of you at lunch on 10/25.

Shelli
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress
Shelli_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #1373
heidi8
Looking for Vanellope

Over 250 calls with busy signals and busy circuits, I got the Tequila Lunch and Cheese Seminar for Sept. 28, plus a mixology event. Tempted by the chocolate dinner but opted against it. Sad I can't get to a Party for the Senses this year but there's always next year. Btw, 53 min on hold and then about 20 min to book everything.

Yes, I did go on the Teacups 30 times in a row on my 30th birthday!
heidi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #1374
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Total time on phone - 57 minutes and I got the one thing we wanted - 10/25 3D dessert party! Well, that doesn't count time on hold yesterday and all the failed attempts before hand but once connected 57 minutes till I hung up. Had to take DD to school so I let Bluetooth help me out and they answered just as I was pulling into the car line and at a crawl for 5 mins. Timing worked great :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #1375
MickeyMinnieMom

OMG!!! I was just on with a CM who told me an event was sold out -- I asked if I could talk to a supervisor, as I was hearing conflicting info about these things. Without saying a word, he cut me to the survey!!!!

Seriously?!?!!?

You can imagine the feedback I gave -- and this after holding for 45min?!?!?

Old 08-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #1376
luckyfinfarmer
Earning My Ears

thanks

Thanks to all of you for keeping me company while on hold this am - it inspired me to make my first post after just reading posts here for years.

This was my first experience with trying to book and it was not fun. It is awfully lonely to be on hold for over an hour and wonder if anyone will EVER pick up. We did get the res we wanted for PFTS - so thanks all!
luckyfinfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #1377
jaygalterio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
again!!
So, easy as pie, then!!

Wow - Disney has some faithful customers in so many of us, huh??
Sad that you didn't include my most important line in the quote... Try and be nice to your CM...

The CM I spoke to sounded so beat down, even thru the normal prescribed happiness they have to portray. She apologized for how slow her system was responding and said that they were having all sorts of issues all morning. And that the last person she spoke to just yelled at her for ten minutes...

It's really not the CM's fault that this is going on. And taking your frustration out on them isn't going to do anyone any good.
jaygalterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #1378
MickeyMinnieMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygalterio View Post
Sad that you didn't include my most important line in the quote... Try and be nice to your CM...

The CM I spoke to sounded so beat down, even thru the normal prescribed happiness they have to portray. She apologized for how slow her system was responding and said that they were having all sorts of issues all morning. And that the last person she spoke to just yelled at her for ten minutes...

It's really not the CM's fault that this is going on. And taking your frustration out on them isn't going to do anyone any good.
I'm always nice to the CMs -- never blame them! I certainly never take my frustration out on them -- I assume that wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Just had one hang up on me just for VERY POLITELY asking to talk to a supervisor. So they're not ALL magical. No excuse for that, no matter how frustrating a morning he was having.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #1379
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygalterio View Post

The first CM I had thanked me for not yelling at her at the end of our call. It kind of surprised me!

Shelli
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress
Shelli_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #1380
jaygalterio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm always nice to the CMs -- never blame them! Just had one hang up on me just for VERY POLITELY asking to talk to a supervisor. So they're not ALL magical. No excuse for that, no matter how frustrating a morning he was having.
I know there are exceptions to every rule... I was more referring to blaming the CMs for the things that are out of their control. Like the Hold Times and Busy Signals and non-working website.

Things that are in their control, like your experience, are entirely another matter.

Hopefully things will work out for you.
jaygalterio is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: