Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #886
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

[QUOTE=karmacats;49247335][QUOTE=PNO4TE;49241846]AKL IPO wouldn't even try to book deminars for me yesterday. They had no idea that there were certain "perk-ed" guests who were allowed to book early. So, I did it myself!
Quote:

The CM I emailed with at AKL IPO knew about the advance booking for deminars, but said they can't help with booking anything that needs an AP or TIW number, so we had to book them ourselves on Friday. They had told me something similar when I tried to get the AP discount on MNSSHP tickets - to get the discount, I had to book them myself, though once I had a reservation number they added it to my itinerary.

As for booking everything on Monday with a Disney Visa, they told me they could do that since the Visa we have on file with them is a Chase Disney one. So, they're supposed to book our Sweet Sundays brunch for us early Monday morning. They'll call us if they have problems. We'll see what happens!
Your response makes so much more sense! I have had mixed luck with AKL IPO this trip. I have always found them to be spot on for their information and ability to help, but I have yet to talk to or email with anyone I have known in the past or who seem to have the same answer from one to another CM. I will try communicating with them this morning to see if they would be willing to book the two French Regional Lunches I am interested in. Thanks again for responding!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #887
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Your response makes so much more sense! I have had mixed luck with AKL IPO this trip. I have always found them to be spot on for their information and ability to help, but I have yet to talk to or email with anyone I have known in the past or who seem to have the same answer from one to another CM. I will try communicating with them this morning to see if they would be willing to book the two French Regional Lunches I am interested in. Thanks again for responding!
Glad I could help. It's not every day that my answers make sense.

I've had really good luck with Don on the phone, and Melissa on the phone and in the actual lounge. The person who emailed me back this time about the Sweet Sundays was Juanita. I hope that helps!
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #888
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmacats View Post
Glad I could help. It's not every day that my answers make sense.

I've had really good luck with Don on the phone, and Melissa on the phone and in the actual lounge. The person who emailed me back this time about the Sweet Sundays was Juanita. I hope that helps!
Don is amazing... Melissa and Juanita are people I have dealt with before too. But the past few days it has been four others I have never talked to before.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #889
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Www.disneyparksblog.com in today's post did not mention PFTS as one of the events Disney Chase Card holders can book tomorrow, just the deminars, cheese seminars and 3D dessert party.
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #890
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnishobson View Post
Www.disneyparksblog.com in today's post did not mention PFTS as one of the events Disney Chase Card holders can book tomorrow, just the deminars, cheese seminars and 3D dessert party.
I see this at disneyfoodblog.com as well now: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...al/#more-89222

this is very confusing as the e-mail they sent out isn't explicit that the examples listed are the only things you can book tomorrow (Monday)

Well, I need one deminar anyway so will get up to call and see how it goes

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #891
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Another vote for "Don is Amazing!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Don is amazing...
Old 08-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #892
jska482
Mouseketeer

So is "sweet Sundays" free at Epcot for breakfast portion? It looks like wine tasting costs, but not sure all of it does.
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #893
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
So is "sweet Sundays" free at Epcot for breakfast portion? It looks like wine tasting costs, but not sure all of it does.
Sweet Sundays is a paid special event. We went last year and it was wonderful.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #894
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post

How much, any idea?
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #895
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I called -again - today to verify what could be booked early for all of us with early booking privileges ( Disney Visa, AP, TiW) and the CM verified that PFTS will begin booking on the 13th for EVERYONE. I'm not looking forward to getting up before 6a, but I will~
Old 08-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #896
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
I see this at disneyfoodblog.com as well now: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...al/#more-89222

this is very confusing as the e-mail they sent out isn't explicit that the examples listed are the only things you can book tomorrow (Monday)

Well, I need one deminar anyway so will get up to call and see how it goes
Quote:
I called -again - today to verify what could be booked early for all of us with early booking privileges ( Disney Visa, AP, TiW) and the CM verified that PFTS will begin booking on the 13th for EVERYONE. I'm not looking forward to getting up before 6a, but I will~

Ugh, could they make this any more confusing?!?!? The Chase email really made it seem like the early booking was for everything, and AKL IPO seemed to think so, too. I'm not looking forward to the 7 a.m. phone call (in 5.5 hrs ) telling me they can't book my Sweet Sundays until the next day.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
How much, any idea?
Glad to hear it's good. We love the 3D dessert party but it's not offered the one weekend in Oct we're there, so we thought we'd drag our butts out of bed to try the brunch instead.

It's $99 plus tax per person, including brunch, 3 pastries made there by a pastry chef, and drinks (including some alcohol). Here's details from the disney food blog:

Sweet Sundays

Your Sunday will be extra sweet when you experience this event. An expert pastry chef will create three signature desserts before your eyes. Enjoy snacking on a wonderful breakfast buffet, plated signature desserts, and sipping sparkling wines! Hosted by Disney Vacation Clubs.

When: Sundays 10AM – 12PM
Where: Festival Welcome Center, Chef’s Showcase
Pricing: $99 per person (plus tax, gratuity included). Epcot admission required.

September 29: Carla Hall, ABC’s The CHEW, New York, NY
October 6: Warren Brown, CakeLove, Washington, DC
October 13: Buddy Valastro, Carlo’s Bakery, Hoboken, NJ
October 20: Gale Gand, TRU, Chicago, IL
October 27: Master Pâtissier Eric Lanlard, Cake Boy, London, England
November 3: Erika Davis, Graycliff Chocolatier, Nassau, Bahamas
October 10: Geraldine Randlesome, Geraldine’s Creative Cutters, Richmond Hill, Ontario

We're trying for the Oct 20 one. We're going on the 3-night Dream cruise on Oct 24 and I reserved a chocolate-making tour at Graycliff in Nassau, too, before Erika Davis comes to Florida for her Sweet Sunday.
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #897
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Where can we find info on what has been sold out already???

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #898
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

My wife called yesterday and was also told by a CM that main events book Tuesday not Monday and it was just deminars open on Monday for Disney Visa cardholders.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #899
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Hope I can get on the phone quickly today.
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #900
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Where can we find info on what has been sold out already???
You can't. Not unless you call and ask.

Quote:
it was just deminars open on Monday for Disney Visa cardholders.
Obviously it's not just deminars, as the Disney Visa ad actually names several other events like the cheese seminars and the 3D Dessert Party. We won't know for another 4 minutes.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: