Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #76
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

I've never done this and I wonder if it's possible. I love the wrist gift cards they make getting stuff so easy. I have several other gift cards I buy at BJs at a discount. Can I take those gift cards and add them to a wrist gift card? Would make things a little easier.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #77
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
I've never done this and I wonder if it's possible. I love the wrist gift cards they make getting stuff so easy. I have several other gift cards I buy at BJs at a discount. Can I take those gift cards and add them to a wrist gift card? Would make things a little easier.
Yes I believe you can. I love the wrist cards too. Have been going to this event since almost the beginning - back then we used cash! The wrist card is SOOOOO much easier! It's just a regular gift card, just smaller, so I don't think it's any problem to transfer balances from other cards to the smaller card. And you can use the wrist card anywhere in Disney, so if you happen to have any $$ leftover on it, just use it somewhere else.
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #78
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

New at this it's beer too!!!!! Hubby's a foreign beer lover there will be different beers too?
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #79
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmamma4 View Post
Hubby's a foreign beer lover there will be different beers too?
Yes!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #80
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

This will be our sixth trip to F&W and I just added three weeks to our trip so we will be there from 9/27 thru 11/8. We will miss the final weekend. We decided to extend this trip rather than to come back again for a couple of weeks in December. DW doesn't want the hassle of having less time at Christmas to prepare for family visits like we have the past few years. So we will have a long F&W visit.

Skol........

Old 05-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #81
Mom21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansstitch View Post
My husband and I are doing swan and dolphin package during their f&w classic for 3 nights. It's WAY cheaper than BW or BC and the location is still great. Our total for 3 nights with tax was just over $600, including 2 passes to the classic event. We also had AAA discount. I don't mind paying for parking if it saves me a couple hundred bucks!
This looks like a great deal, but says not available for singles. I priced it out and would be way more for just me. Does the second person have to be at checkin or can I just check in by myself and then just give someone the second ticket or trash it?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #82
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post
This looks like a great deal, but says not available for singles. I priced it out and would be way more for just me. Does the second person have to be at checkin or can I just check in by myself and then just give someone the second ticket or trash it?
You don't have to have the second person with you, they don't check.

I found it was cheaper last year to book a room and then just add the event ticket so run it both ways.

Also, let me warn you that as a solo this event suffered from the same problem PFTS has, "table hogging" Groups and families block the tables. It was BETTER then PFTS as if you went to the ends of the "event" space there were large round tables you could generally find a seat and they actually helped by not letting one runner get food for a party of four at the popular places. (Did lead to some "adult temper tanturms" LOL!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #83
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Oh wow! I didn't anticipate that! I will be 6.5 months pregnant , so we will be mozying, arriving early. I will definitely need a seat at least part of the time. I know the events are different, but how do they compare? What was great and maybe not so great at the Classic?

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #84
princesspooh323
Mouseketeer

This will be my first food and wine festival. I am going down for a business trip, but I am brining the family down with me a few days early so that we can turn this into an extra Disney trip this year. I had booked some restaurant reservations, but I am wondering if we shouldn't plan to eat meals while we are down there. DS's are 5 and 10, and they are a bit picky.
Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village/ Swan October 2013, Coronado Springs/Beach Club Villas/ Pop Century June & July 2013, Pop Century/Bay Lake Towers Aug 2012, Polynesian/Caribbean Beach Aug 2011, All Star Music/Port Orleans French Quarter June 2009, Wyndam Lake Buena Vista Resort August 2002, Many offsite stays pre 2002

princesspooh323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #85
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
We will be at Disney Oct 13-20. This will be our first F&W Festival and we're very excited about it! Any tips on how to best navigate it and what special events should we try to do? Thanks!
Just reposting! Tips and suggestions welcome!
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #86
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Just reposting! Tips and suggestions welcome!
Hi Belle! Here's my suggestions. Most importantly, no matter what day you go, get there at opening. Then you can relax ask questions at the booths if you like, go back for seconds with little or no wait, etc. Second, when booking opens up for the seminars and demos, book that morning. Be prepared beforehand after reviewing the event details so you can call right away. Sadly, I forgot last year and tried booking a few events the next day, especially the italian regional lunch. I couldn't get in and my husband was so disappointed! However, when it comes to "deminars", you may be able to get tickets day of or day before. They hold back some tickets from advance bookings. I thought I wouldn't get to see Warren Brown's buddy cake demo, and I was so excited I got to meet him AND attend the demo!! Next, review the menus before you arrive so you know what you really want to try if you have limited time. You can only eat so much in an afternoon and who wants to fill up on the food that was the most appealing to you? I would also suggest familiarizing yourself with the locations of the booths to avoid constant backtracking. If you do decide to attend a deminar, get there early. For a celebrity chef, I suggest a half hour early. The lines can get quite long. But, if you have others accompanying you you can step out to the restroom. Everyone was very pleasant and good humored while we were in line. It would be lots of fun and I hope my long winded answer is some help to you!

Old 05-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #87
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Belle! Here's my suggestions. Most importantly, no matter what day you go, get there at opening. Then you can relax ask questions at the booths if you like, go back for seconds with little or no wait, etc. Second, when booking opens up for the seminars and demos, book that morning. Be prepared beforehand after reviewing the event details so you can call right away. Sadly, I forgot last year and tried booking a few events the next day, especially the italian regional lunch. I couldn't get in and my husband was so disappointed! However, when it comes to "deminars", you may be able to get tickets day of or day before. They hold back some tickets from advance bookings. I thought I wouldn't get to see Warren Brown's buddy cake demo, and I was so excited I got to meet him AND attend the demo!! Next, review the menus before you arrive so you know what you really want to try if you have limited time. You can only eat so much in an afternoon and who wants to fill up on the food that was the most appealing to you? I would also suggest familiarizing yourself with the locations of the booths to avoid constant backtracking. If you do decide to attend a deminar, get there early. For a celebrity chef, I suggest a half hour early. The lines can get quite long. But, if you have others accompanying you you can step out to the restroom. Everyone was very pleasant and good humored while we were in line. It would be lots of fun and I hope my long winded answer is some help to you!
Thank you so much! That was very helpful. We actually have 1 1/2 - 2 days devoted to just Epcot. I hope that gives us enough time to do the regular attractions as well as the Food & Wine Festival. About how far in advance do the special events get posted before they go on sale? Thanks!!
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #88
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Anxiously awaiting the announcement of the Deminars. Can't wait to book!
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #89
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve View Post
Anxiously awaiting the announcement of the Deminars. Can't wait to book!
Us too.. we haven't done one in a couple years and it would be fun to see one!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #90
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sorry for my iPhone spelling errors! One of the statements I was trying to make was to plan so as to NOT fill up on the foods you don't really want to try.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: