Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #811
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/epco...WineAug13_intl
Chase Visa Members early Booking

Nothing mentioned about PftS.
thanks for the link.

Notice it says:

For one day only on Monday, August 12 from 7am-11pm EST, Cardmembers will have the opportunity to book special events at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival before sales open to the general public on August 13.1 Indulge your taste buds with a range of events, including:
  • Culinary Demonstrations
  • Mixology Seminars
  • Wine Schools
  • Cheese Seminars
  • "3D" Disney Dessert Discovery

Click here to explore event details, dates and pricing.

If you click the link it takes you to the official wdw website page for the food and wine festival which covers all events.

so that would lead me to think you could book everything on Monday via the Disney Visa card

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #812
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin917 View Post
This is minor compared to booking events, and I'm sorry if its already been covered, but that chase email had the lounge opening at 11? This was our first stop last year to pick up wristbands. I'm hoping this doesn't mean no more wristbands!

Just read it again...it's moved to the American adventure pavilion. That explains the opening time!
Interesting, thanks for pointing that out! I hope it's a bigger room than it was last year. I stopped in the afternoon last year one day and it was so crowded, there wasn't a chance of relaxing in a quiet spot. But the free drinks were nice.
Boardwalk Port Orleans French Quarter Art of Animation
Upcoming: Dolphin

And this is for DD...
Moomduck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #813
herb102211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I just read on another board that a person got a Sweet Sensations over the phone today. Does Disney have a clue?????
Hmm..Do you mean the Sweet Sundays? Wonder how they were able to book that one?

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 11/14- WL/BC
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #814
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
It actually doesn't say anything like that for folks who booked online at full price (no discount.)
I was read a long statement today when I booked a Saturday non-discounted mixology, part of it referenced necessity to bring DVC card and photo ID.

I thought I may have heard the CM incorrectly and asked her to back up and repeat the section...the warning was there. No big deal since I always have both on me anyway when in the parks.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #815
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
interesting - I do get those e-mails (and have a Disney Visa), but haven't gotten one today yet with that information. I am traveling Tuesday so if I could book thing Monday that would be a huge help
The email I received at home is from "Disney Rewards". I thought I didn't get one either because I was looking for an email from "Chase".
TheLodgeLady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #816
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Conflicting Times for Seminars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You may be looking at one list that is for a previous year. Make sure you check the dates carefully.
I clicked on the schedule in this thread a few pages back, that is the one that has Kevin Dundon on Oct 1, 2013 3:00, that is when I booked him. Then I went to the Disney site and clicked on theirs. It looks identical to the one I clicked on in this thread, except there are some time differences in the two of them. One of the time differences is Kevin Dundon, October 1, 2013 is at 1:00! Both say October 2013. One came out yesterday to DVC members, I don't know when the one on Disney.com came out.

This is Kind of confusing, because once you make the reservation by date only, you get a confirmation by date no name of seminar; so some people may be looking at the Disney site schedule and booking that date, and some may be looking at the DVC/AP schedule and booking by that time/date.
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #817
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
The email I received at home is from "Disney Rewards". I thought I didn't get one either because I was looking for an email from "Chase".
Just got my at 3:33

Dang, this whole booking thing is making me impatient - can't even wait 30 mins for an e-mail

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #818
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I just read on another board that a person got a Sweet Sensations over the phone today. Does Disney have a clue?????
There's no event called Sweet Sensations. Does it refer to Sweet Sunday or to the 3D Dessert Party? People have been booking the 3D Dessert Party today even though it was not supposed to open up until Tuesday.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #819
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Just got my at 3:33

Dang, this whole booking thing is making me impatient - can't even wait 30 mins for an e-mail
I must be in the same e-mail group as you since I just got mine at 3:33 also.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #820
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There's no event called Sweet Sensations. Does it refer to Sweet Sunday or to the 3D Dessert Party? People have been booking the 3D Dessert Party today even though it was not supposed to open up until Tuesday.
I went and looked. Sweet Sunday.... which also was not suppose to open until Tuesday but.... It's Disney, we should have expected this!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #821
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin917 View Post
This is minor compared to booking events, and I'm sorry if its already been covered, but that chase email had the lounge opening at 11? This was our first stop last year to pick up wristbands. I'm hoping this doesn't mean no more wristbands!

Just read it again...it's moved to the American adventure pavilion. That explains the opening time!
But there is no notice of wristbands... I am hoping they aren't gone, but....
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #822
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As for the Chase thing, as far as I am concerned it had better not be all events. I just was approved for 2 hours off work Tuesday. Not Monday. I won't be calling from the subway so that will let out any sort of calling at 7 AM Monday. Some of those signature meals have very small capacities, 10-30 people. How much of a mess would it be if they fill all of those up with Chase Visa holders and there is nothing left Tuesday.

I tend not to believe that the WDW DINE cast members really know anything about anything, so the fact that a WDW DINE cast member said it was all events doesn't really phase me.
Your bigger problem is that based on today my belief that Disney's IT shop knows nothing was reinforced. So if they "open" an event the CMs will book it.....regardless of what was "suppose" to happen!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #823
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

I had no luck this morning -- on hold too long at work and gave up.

But just called 10 minutes ago and had zero phone wait. Booked the 2 beverage seminars I wanted.

CM had to be convinced there were noon, 2p, 4p events -- she was on Culinary list (depsite that I was aksin baout beverage seminars) and just kept saying "there's only 1, 3 and 5" But she went and checked, and came back on informed.
HelenParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #824
herb102211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went and looked. Sweet Sunday.... which also was not suppose to open until Tuesday but.... It's Disney, we should have expected this!
I wonder how many other people were able to book these events before they were supposed to open up on Tuesday?

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 11/14- WL/BC
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #825
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Between the combination of failing IT, confusing offers and clueless phone agents, it'll be a wonder if anybody gets anything booked that they wanted.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: