Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #796
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

I spoke with Disney dining reservations earlier today. A supervisor told me that as long as you have a 12 digit confirmation #, you will not be refused access to any of the booked events. They confirmed the events shouldn't have been open to all, but they will honor the confirmations / reservations.

I think they've since fixed the issue, but it's a shame that it probably allowed alot of the seminars to fill up faster than expected.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #797
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Since they don't send me emails.. was reserved seating for PFTS included?
Was not listed specifically listed on the email, but it says "includes"

Cardmembers have the opportunity to book special events before sales open to the general public on August 13.1 Indulge your taste buds with a range of events, including:
Culinary Demonstrations
Mixology Seminars
Wine Schools
Cheese Seminars
"3D" Disney Dessert Discovery

Does not say "only includes"...

The CM I spoke with this morning seemed to believe it included everything that would be available to general public on Tuesday.
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #798
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

http://disneyrewards.com/offers/epco...WineAug13_intl
Chase Visa Members early Booking

Nothing mentioned about PftS.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #799
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I found it on the Disney Visa website.... it does pretty clearly say Disney Visa. (Which as a matter of fact it also says on the access to the lounge....and my SW Visa does not mention either of these as perks.)

This is not good as I have a flight Monday morning, but it may save me a lot of money

And just out of curoisity. Did you have to jump through all those idiotic phone prompt hoops this morning? You know the "are you in Orlando?", "how many are in your party" etc.... like it matters, it's all one reservation center, they are just trying to collect data.. I make up things to throw them off LOL! Yep, I am in Orlando and have a party of 20 etc... And when you get the rep she/he has no idea what you entered into that useless system.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #800
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post

I called about the Buddy Valastro Culinary Demo on 10/14 (because it wasn't showing up online) and the CM said the event is sold out.
That's the one I was planning on. I didn't book it right away b/c I wasn't sure if DS16 would want to go. Oh we'll maybe next year.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #801
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

As for the Chase thing, as far as I am concerned it had better not be all events. I just was approved for 2 hours off work Tuesday. Not Monday. I won't be calling from the subway so that will let out any sort of calling at 7 AM Monday. Some of those signature meals have very small capacities, 10-30 people. How much of a mess would it be if they fill all of those up with Chase Visa holders and there is nothing left Tuesday.

I tend not to believe that the WDW DINE cast members really know anything about anything, so the fact that a WDW DINE cast member said it was all events doesn't really phase me.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #802
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
As for the Chase thing, as far as I am concerned it had better not be all events. I just was approved for 2 hours off work Tuesday. Not Monday. I won't be calling from the subway so that will let out any sort of calling at 7 AM Monday.
I tend not to believe that the WDW DINE cast members really know anything about anything, so the fact that a WDW DINE cast member said it was all events doesn't really phase me.
I also had planned on taking a few vacation hours Tues morning but now I have to address an issue and be in early on Tuesday! So the ability to make some of the reservations on Monday with my Disney Visa is great news for me. Anyway to contact your boss over the weekend and ask to change days?

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #803
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post

Thank you!! Just booked Kevin Dundon and Noah French!
BUT- a problem came up. I went to the Disney site and clicked on the schedule, a schedule that looks exactly like the one that was on this Thread yesterday came up with different times for Kevin Dundon. As i was checking some of the other days, there were different times for other Chefs too!!!

I called Disney dining to let them know. She told me that as far as she sees online for booking and also her CM site, the schedule posted on this thread had the correct time. I sure hope so because I booked it! I will keep checking though!
You may be looking at one list that is for a previous year. Make sure you check the dates carefully.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #804
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I spoke with Disney dining reservations earlier today. A supervisor told me that as long as you have a 12 digit confirmation #, you will not be refused access to any of the booked events. They confirmed the events shouldn't have been open to all, but they will honor the confirmations / reservations.

I think they've since fixed the issue, but it's a shame that it probably allowed alot of the seminars to fill up faster than expected.

I've seen too many instances of CM and Supervisors all saying different things. I don't think anyone will know for sure about this until the first person who bought tickets that wasn't a passholder goes to pick up their tickets and is either given them or refused them.
Boardwalk Port Orleans French Quarter Art of Animation
Upcoming: Dolphin

And this is for DD...
Moomduck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #805
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
I just got an email from Disney Rewards that Chase Visa cardholders can book some additional events on Monday before general reservations open on Tuesday. I don't see that the special dinners are included, but Sweet Sundays and Wine and Cheese events are.

EDIT: it says you can "book with your Disney Visa Card" so not sure if that is a requirement....
I hope it works for all the events on Monday. I'm going to give it a try. I am scheduled for surgery at noon on Tuesday so I was dreading the chance they might move up the time I have to report to the hospital to conflict with me calling WDW at 7AM to book. If I can't book everything on Monday I'll be calling again on Tuesday like everyone else. At least I won't be in CA this year like I was last year.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #806
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

We don't do any contact over the weekend. I can call and leave her a message. But what is the point of doing that if I don't know for sure whether I can book the events I want on Monday. If not then I'd have to take off even more time Tuesday.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #807
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post

Thank you!! Just booked Kevin Dundon and Noah French!
BUT- a problem came up. I went to the Disney site and clicked on the schedule, a schedule that looks exactly like the one that was on this Thread yesterday came up with different times for Kevin Dundon. As i was checking some of the other days, there were different times for other Chefs too!!!

I called Disney dining to let them know. She told me that as far as she sees online for booking and also her CM site, the schedule posted on this thread had the correct time. I sure hope so because I booked it! I will keep checking though!
For the schedule on the Disney site the Dates on the PDF's were all 8/02/13 when I looked at them last night. The links I posted yesterday from the DVC website that TDCNala put up on the first page are dated 8/06/2013 & 8/07/2013. So I would expect those to be the most current ones.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #808
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I just read on another board that a person got a Sweet Sensations over the phone today. Does Disney have a clue?????
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #809
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
I just got an email from Disney Rewards that Chase Visa cardholders can book some additional events on Monday before general reservations open on Tuesday. I don't see that the special dinners are included, but Sweet Sundays and Wine and Cheese events are.

EDIT: it says you can "book with your Disney Visa Card" so not sure if that is a requirement....
interesting - I do get those e-mails (and have a Disney Visa), but haven't gotten one today yet with that information. I am traveling Tuesday so if I could book thing Monday that would be a huge help

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #810
Javin917
Mouseketeer

This is minor compared to booking events, and I'm sorry if its already been covered, but that chase email had the lounge opening at 11? This was our first stop last year to pick up wristbands. I'm hoping this doesn't mean no more wristbands!

Just read it again...it's moved to the American adventure pavilion. That explains the opening time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: