Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #766
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomduck1 View Post
Is anyone reading the terms and conditions for purchasing online demonstrations tickets that is NOT a DVC, TIW, or annual passholder? Because it states right there that you must show proof of being a DVC, TIW or annual passholder when picking up your tickets. Now, maybe there is a chance that they won't check. But I am not a member nor do I have an annual pass. I am not going to take the chance that when I arrive to pick up my tickets, I will be forced to give them up because I cannot show proof.
Where can you see this? After you make the purchase?

And still - only the demos and seminars were supposed to be available. I can book Party for the Senses for 10/26. It's only the general admission and I plan on doing the next tier so I'm not going to book it, but I could if I wanted to....
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #767
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
It actually doesn't say anything like that for folks who booked online at full price (no discount.)
Yes it does. I went online to try it myself and thought I was able to purchase it. There is a box that you have put a checkmark in to say that you read the policy. When I actually read the policy it said that you had to show proof when picking up the tickets. So I cancelled my transaction.
Boardwalk Port Orleans French Quarter Art of Animation
Upcoming: Dolphin

And this is for DD...
Moomduck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #768
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post

And still - only the demos and seminars were supposed to be available. I can book Party for the Senses for 10/26. It's only the general admission and I plan on doing the next tier so I'm not going to book it, but I could if I wanted to....
I just went back and checked again...I still think the discount cards are required for those who got a discount.

Last edited by gwynne; 08-09-2013 at 10:42 AM.
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #769
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FWIW, I just did a test booking, (didn't complete) and there is nothing like that wording there.
Could that be because you are logged in and the system knows that you have AP or other???
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
Old 08-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #770
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It actually doesn't say anything like that for folks who booked online at full price (no discount.)
Yes it does. I went online to try it myself and thought I was able to purchase it. There is a box that you have put a checkmark in to say that you read the policy. When I actually read the policy it said that you had to show proof when picking up the tickets. So I cancelled my transaction.

And this is for DD...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #771
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

There is a section called "Guest Policies" that you have to put a checkmark in a box. (and by the way, I got this from the general booking site) Here are the policies:

RESTRICTION / REQUIREMENT
Allow up to 1 1/2 (or 1.5) hours to travel to your destination when traveling within WDW property.
In order to participate in this experience, park admission is required.

Menu Items, Pricing, and Hours are subject to change without notice.
This Experience does not accept ANY Magic Your Way dining entitlements

Guests must be 21 with Photo ID to consume alcohol

Allow walk time to arrive at event
Dress Code Guidelines:
No bathing suits or bathing suit type attire, no Tank tops for Men

Guests must present their Tables in Wonderland Card, Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, or Annual Pass for verification upon arrival

DEPOSIT
Full payment is due at time of booking.

GENERAL CONDITION
At the Restaurant
Inform the server, chef, or manager on duty of any dietary restrictions when arriving at the restaurant.
Please note that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts will use reasonable efforts to prevent the introduction of the allergen of concern into the food through close attention during our sourcing, preparation and handling processes. However, it is ultimately up to the Guest to use his or her individual discretion to make an informed choice regarding whether to order any particular items. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts cannot guarantee that allergens may not have been introduced during another stage of the food chain process or, even inadvertently, during preparation. We do not have separate kitchens to prepare allergen-free items or separate dining areas for Guests with allergies or intolerances.

Dinner Shows:
The Dinner Shows can be alerted of the special dietary need by marking the need on the reservation. When doing so, ask the Guest for a phone number to place on the reservation. These locations generally reach out to the Guests within 3 days of arrival. There is no need to give the Dinner Show phone number out to any Guest if the reservation is marked with a special dietary need and contains contact information.

Locations That Need Additional Info/Contact from Special Diets:

My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party
Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes Dessert Party
Pirate Cruises (Contemporary Resort/Caribbean Beach Resort)
Cake Orders:
Cakes must be ordered through the Cake Hotline at 407-827-2253, or 407-827-CAKE. For Guests with special dietary cake requests, they may contact the Cake Hotline or BabyCakes, NYC Bakery at 407-938-9044. The Special Diets team does not assist with ordering cakes.

If cancellation is requested for other than the 5 valid cancellation reasons, and the Guest's payment is to be retained: 1. Please, DO NOT cancel the reservation yourself 2. Please, transfer the Guest to Guest Services who will handle the cancellation

Wait List is not an option for any Food & Wine Event.
CANCEL
There is a Non-Transferable and Non-Refundable Cancellation Policy. Once booked, modifications are not permitted. Guest must attend on date/time of the reservation. Full payment will be retained.

I bolded the part that says about showing proof.

And this is for DD...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #772
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Thanks - was going to check. Can I go past the credit card page without actually booking (ie. step 3)?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #773
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I see what you are saying, it reads to me though that you have to show proof for a "discount". As always YMMV.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #774
slabco1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
And for those who may be interested, the Culinary Demo ressies showed up on MDE:

Monday, October 28, 2013

Culinary Demonstrations – 5:00 PM
Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party – 8:15 PM

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort – Check Out
Culinary Demonstrations – 3:00 PM
It looks like we will be at the same culinary demos.
I just read Cat Cora sold out. Glad I was up early.
slabco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #775
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=ashleyrm;49232114]Where can you see this? After you make the purchase?
QUOTE]

It was after I entered the credit card info but before I finalized the purchase. Which I did not finalize, because I do not want to spend the next few months worrying about whether or not they'll give me the tickets since I am not a member. If I had the money to take a chance with losing, maybe I would have finalized it. But I don't.

And this is for DD...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #776
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I see what you are saying, it reads to me though that you have to show proof for a "discount". As always YMMV.
What does YMMV mean? Sorry, it's probably obvious, but I just don't know.

And this is for DD...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #777
gwynne
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Moomduck1;49232295]
Quote:
QUOTE]

It was after I entered the credit card info but before I finalized the purchase. Which I did not finalize, because I do not want to spend the next few months worrying about whether or not they'll give me the tickets since I am not a member. If I had the money to take a chance with losing, maybe I would have finalized it. But I don't.
My opinion only, I was not logged in at all when those F&W event reservations showed up. I went online just as any other Disney visitor does. I didn't expect or ask for a discount. I made a reservation, the same as I would for say, Chefs de France.

Last edited by gwynne; 08-09-2013 at 11:00 AM.
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #778
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What does YMMV mean? Sorry, it's probably obvious, but I just don't know.
No worries, its your mileage may vary.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #779
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=gwynne;49232340]
Quote:

My opinion only, I was not logged in at all when those F&W event reservations showed up. I went online just as any other Disney visitor does. I didn't expect or ask for a discount. I made a reservation, the same as I would for say, Chefs de France.
I was not logged on either. I was able to make the reservations as well. Just like you said. However, the tickets are not being mailed to anyone. You have to go there and physically pick them up. There is always the chance that they will ask to see proof of being a TIW, DVC, or annual passholder before giving out the tickets. Some people might be willing to take the chance or stand there and argue with the CM and demand the tickets. I am not one of those people. I'm not in judgment of anyone who is willing to do that. I am just saying that I am not. I wanted to point this out to people, in case there is someone out there who is like me, and doesn't want to be worrying about it or doesn't want to have to argue for their tickets. That's all. Whatever people do is their business.

I don't believe it has anything to do with a discount, as I was trying to purchase tickets for a Saturday event, which was not going to be discounted.

And this is for DD...
Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #780
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Does anyone who has called and spoke to someone have a list of what is sold out so far?

And this is for DD...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: