Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #616
Tink10
Always Lurking!
The cooler people just kill me

And they're back up.....
Oct 201 - BWV & Disney Fantasy
Tink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #617
jce2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink10 View Post
And they're back up.....
Generalized categories are up, that's it

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #618
Tink10
Always Lurking!
The cooler people just kill me

I decided that I was going to bite the bullet & book PFTS just to see what happened and I grabbed it about 7 minutes ago & it's hanging in a state of limbo.... It let me select 7:30 pm on the Saturday I wanted to book and took me in to selecting guests
Oct 201 - BWV & Disney Fantasy
Tink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #619
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Too bad my TIW lapsed ... I won't be getting another AP until next year, so I'm just crossing my fingers I'll be able to get my one big event I want to do when the cattle call opens up.

As for the wine deminars, it really is ridiculous that Disney doesn't lock these up and publish the schedule earlier. It really gives the impression that this thing is a last minute slapped together "Mickey Mouse" operation.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #620
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

I am not an AP holder and so no TIW either, I just really hope there will still be the 2 events I want to see available when I try to book!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #621
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It was there, on the restaurant listings, but I was not able to click through to make a reservation.

Online booking for everything, including the demos, is not supposed to open until August 13. Any booking done August 9-12 was supposed to be by phone only.
How do you book these online?? I thought you had to call in the morning after 7am, but then again when I was waiting for FD to come out, I read that some people were booking online after midnight. Is it the same with the special events?

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #622
sunshinecruise
Mouseketeer

No News?

There are still no schedules for the deminars? I woke up in the middle of the night and I was excited to think that I would be able to see the schedules this morning. Now I will be obsessively checking my computer every 15 minutes all day.
sunshinecruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #623
willidc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
Too bad my TIW lapsed ... I won't be getting another AP until next year, so I'm just crossing my fingers I'll be able to get my one big event I want to do when the cattle call opens up.

As for the wine deminars, it really is ridiculous that Disney doesn't lock these up and publish the schedule earlier. It really gives the impression that this thing is a last minute slapped together "Mickey Mouse" operation.
And perhaps that is just what it is! Still nothing as I head out for the day
willidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #624
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Nope. No schedule yet. And I hear you could book the online stuff yesterday if you hit it just right. I know someone who actually booked a deminar and paid for it - no, she didn't know who the chef is or anything. I know I want to see if they let her keep it but I don't see any reason why not. The links for reservations were all taken down eventually.

TIW doesn't get a head start on anything but the demos. So if you're looking for the larger events you will have just as much of a chance as anyone else on Tuesday.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #625
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willidc View Post
And perhaps that is just what it is! Still nothing as I head out for the day
I've got The Disney Food Blog minimized. I'll be hitting refresh during my day. I'll bet many, many others are doing the same.

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #626
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
How do you book these online?? I thought you had to call in the morning after 7am, but then again when I was waiting for FD to come out, I read that some people were booking online after midnight. Is it the same with the special events?
There are only a few things you can book online: culinary demonstrations, beverage seminars, mixology seminars, Party for the Senses, 3D Dessert Party, Scotland: Land of Food and Drink, and Spirits Confidential. The last four will have online booking for general admission only, not for reserved seating.

Anything else you have to call.

I don't know what you mean by booking online after midnight, but yesterday's glitch aside, you cannot book these until Tuesday morning. Most online booking rolls over to the next day at 6 Am, not midnight.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #627
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
I agree. This is a little crazy. Early booking starts in 2 days yet we have no information on what is available to book. Are we supposed to just guess what the presentations are on certain days or hope for the best?
Still waiting for some kind of listing telling me exactly what the $12-15 seminars will be.

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #628
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
Still waiting for some kind of listing telling me exactly what the $12-15 seminars will be.
Disney wants you to "trust them" and just throw money at them. (And actually this works for them quite often)

If the failure to publish timely actually resulted in a decrease in sales they would get their act together..... but the truth is tomorrow at 8 am folks will call and throw money at them. (I see LONG waits tomorrow as a lot of folks will actually expect the CM to tell them WHAT they are buying LOL! Even if Disney publishes today some folks won't have seen it. Not everyone lives by their computer waiting on the disorganized to get their act together )
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #629
LVSWL
I may have to rethink whether or not I want to do this
I LOVE anything with goat cheese. Actually, I'm thinking about getting a goat!
My aunt would give me coke and some pecans to keep me quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Disney wants you to "trust them" and just throw money at them. (And actually this works for them quite often)

If the failure to publish timely actually resulted in a decrease in sales they would get their act together..... but the truth is tomorrow at 8 am folks will call and throw money at them. (I see LONG waits tomorrow as a lot of folks will actually expect the CM to tell them WHAT they are buying LOL! Even if Disney publishes today some folks won't have seen it. Not everyone lives by their computer waiting on the disorganized to get their act together )
That will be a nightmare! I can see what you mean. ugh!

When life kicks you, let it kick you forward- Kay Yow
LVSWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #630
CoryBelle21
Earning My Ears

I really feel bad for all the TAs out there. I know mine spent two 8+ hour days on the phone with Disney last week when the free dining and room only discounts came out. Now he'll be on more long phone calls booking all his clients for F&W events. And the CMs are surely feeling the same frustrations.

The telephone booking system is just madness. It's a shame that Disney can't get its act together. This could all be prevented so easily.
CoryBelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: