Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #526
toomuchtv
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansstitch View Post
Doesn't even need to be a Disney visa. It's any Chase debit or credit card. I got in with my business Ink card and DH used an airline card through Chase.
Wait...really? That's great! I have an amazon card through Chase.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #527
defnjeb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve View Post
I was just reading through the F&W guide and I see a new event, The Burns Supper, October 24. Location, World Show Place? Does any one have any information on this dinner?
I was curious too. Found ths link http://lcdwriter.hubpages.com/hub/Wh...a-Burns-Supper about the F&W Brns supper.
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #528
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppi View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wife and are 1st timers at F&W hoping to attend PFTS on Nov. 2..Is it worth the experience? They have 3 levels of reservations.(145/185/285). Looking for some feed back on there experience with PFTS and what tips they can add....
We have been to PFTS multiple times, including the Wine View Lounge. If you must have a place to sit, I would try for the $185 level tickets. Otherwise, the lowest priced tickets have no assigned seats. You will also enter the venue at least 15 minutes later than the higher priced tickets.

I am glad we tried the Wine View Lounge, but would not do it again. It was more of a hassle getting to and from our table since there was only one way in from each side of the Lounge area. It was nice to have an assigned server, but not really needed. The nice thing is the early entry and avoiding the "running of the bulls" mentality of people rushing to claim a seat when the curtains were pulled back signaling the beginning of the event.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #529
Disbug
WL Vet

World Showplace event: Beer Dinner

Asking once again, maybe TDCNala knows... does anyone know if The Beer Dinner will require park tickets to attend? It is one of the Signature Dinner events, so I was hoping it would not. I also could not find any reviews of the Radeberger Beer Dinner from last year for answers to this question.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #530
marshwiggle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbug View Post
Asking once again, maybe TDCNala knows... does anyone know if The Beer Dinner will require park tickets to attend? It is one of the Signature Dinner events, so I was hoping it would not. I also could not find any reviews of the Radeberger Beer Dinner from last year for answers to this question.
Unless someone knows for sure otherwise, you'll need a ticket into Epcot. In the TiW preview booklet linked upthread, after the schedule of signature dinners, it has the line "Theme park admission will be required for restaurants located within a theme park."
marshwiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #531
kandim
Earning My Ears

Can TIW be used at Food & wine?
kandim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #532
redzinner
Mantenga la sal, por favor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandim View Post
No, unfortunately. It is not honored at any of the food booths or special events, that I'm aware.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #533
redzinner
Mantenga la sal, por favor!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshwiggle View Post
Unless someone knows for sure otherwise, you'll need a ticket into Epcot. In the TiW preview booklet linked upthread, after the schedule of signature dinners, it has the line "Theme park admission will be required for restaurants located within a theme park."
I would email TiW, although they are not technically the F&WF group, they might be able to answer your question. The World ShowPlace is the location for the Beer Dinner and that is really not a Epcot 'restaurant'. I do know you need Epcot admission to attend Party for the Senses and that is also located at the World ShowPlace.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #534
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
For the past few years, any event taking place inside Epcot (or any other theme park) has required valid park admission to attend. I remember the last time they had events inside Epcot that did not require park admission was several years ago. I have not seen anything that indicates this year will have any events inside parks that do not require park admission. They used to be very specific about which events did not require park admission.

EDITING to note that I have looked at the booklet distributed by Tables in Wonderland and it does indicate that all signature dining in restaurants inside theme parks requires park admission. Of course the World Showplace isn't technically a restaurant, but I believe that is also included in the definition because it is located inside a theme park. All other 2013 events taking place in the World Showplace require Epcot admission.

I was considering the beer dinner last year and was unable to find any reviews of it at all.

Quote:
There are no wristbands. First come, first served, and usually not even a line.
There were wristbands last year only for guests who had access to the Chase Lounge, and only for as long as the Chase Lounge had them to give out.

There are often guests who line up for the concerts, but for most of them it will not be an issue getting a seat if you really want one. If you intend to walk in at the last minute, consider that 1) there may not be seats together for a group, 2) you may end up sitting in full sun for the earlier concerts or 3) very popular concerts may fill the theater earlier.

Quote:
The only way you can use TIW is to access early booking (August 9-12) for the Festival Center demionstrations and seminars, and to get a $2 discount on them for Monday-Thursday sessions.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 08-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #535
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

What is the cancellation policy for Party for the Senses? Nonrefundable?
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #536
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by defnjeb View Post
I was curious too. Found ths link http://lcdwriter.hubpages.com/hub/Wh...a-Burns-Supper about the F&W Brns supper.
Thank you for posting this link. I am enjoying all the new options that the Scotland booth is bringing.
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #537
Disbug
WL Vet

Thank you for the reply TDCNala! I was figuring that was the case. I have an AP but my DH does not. Originally planned to do S/D F&W Classic both nights until I saw The Beer Dinner. So back to the drawing board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnishobson View Post
Policy is usually "nonrefundable" as a rule. But with everything Disney there are sometimes exceptions. That is why I don't book that event right away. I make sure we will be able to attend. Maybe you can purchase Trip Insurance that would cover you if you are forced to cancel your plans?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #538
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnishobson View Post
All food & wine events are "officially" nonrefundable. You may be able to call and get an exception, although that is never guaranteed.

If you're selecting trip insurance, read the fine print and see if it will cover missing events like these for which nonrefundable tickets have been purchased.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 08-05-2013 at 10:17 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #539
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Thanks. Decisions, decisions. Fun to plan but the stakes are high on this one.
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #540
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the reply TDCNala! I was figuring that was the case. I have an AP but my DH does not. Originally planned to do S/D F&W Classic both nights until I saw The Beer Dinner. So back to the drawing board!

Policy is usually "nonrefundable" as a rule. But with everything Disney there are sometimes exceptions. That is why I don't book that event right away. I make sure we will be able to attend. Maybe you can purchase Trip Insurance that would cover you if you are forced to cancel your plans?
I have heard of very few exceptions. (And I have seem some hysterical posts on this issue) I think the 'internet' has forced Disney to clamp down in 'exceptions' (In other words, person A has a real crisis calls Disney got an exception posted on places like this and guests B, C D etc.. tried using the same excuse so Disney gave up on "being nice" )

If you want a reserved seating be on the phone at opening! I followed the 'you can wait' advice in 2011 and got blocked out of all reserved seating for my two weekends.

I agree with Nala. Any dinner in Epcot will require tickets. They are very clear when the read you the conditions for your purchase
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: