Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #31
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

What time do the eat to the beat bands play?
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnishobson View Post
What time do the eat to the beat bands play?
In the past, the bands played @ 5:30, 6:45 and 8:00 p.m. Depending on the band, you may need to be at the American Adventure Amphitheater up to an hour before showtime.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #33
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Thanks. Need to plan,plan,plan. So fun
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #34
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm glad to see this thread! I looked for it over the weekend but I guess I was too soon.

To the person who asked tips for a newbie. Dont make dining reservations on the days you plan to visit the kiosks.
Not to be disagreeable, but I don't agree with this advice. There is no way I can go a whole day of walking (like 10 miles) on just a few little bites of food. We definitely need one "real" meal.
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #35
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

Are any of the kiosks open after the Wine & Dine half marathon? I ask because my wife, two of her coworkers, and I are all running the W&D half marathon and we are looking forward to the after party to try some things. We are eating at Tutto Italia for lunch to carb up the day of the run and then not eating again until after the run is over (if there is a place to eat).

I'm figuring that if the kiosks are open then we'll be in for some pretty heavy crowds since the run is now sold out. I'm thinking that a lot of people bought "after party" tickets too. From the pictures I have seen it looks kinda busy.

Thanks in advance for any info.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #36
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
In the past, the bands played @ 5:30, 6:45 and 8:00 p.m. Depending on the band, you may need to be at the American Adventure Amphitheater up to an hour before showtime.
Unless it's Hanson. I'm actually from the same state, and was cracking up that THEY were the band while we were there. However people were lined up at noon. I kid you not NOON. They're cute boys and all, but Holy Teen Idol Batman, I would not be sitting in the rain at noon to see Hanson.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #37
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I have never waited hours to see any of the bands, and I've seen lots of them.

I did wait about 45 minutes all the way down by Germany to see Rick Springfield, but I still got in the 4th row.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #38
happylaughingcow
Earning My Ears

I cant wait!!!

This year will be my first F&W festival so excited! It will be a great way for me and my other half to celebrate our honeymoon with one of our favourite past time -FOOD!

Think Ill have to start stretching my stomach now to accommodate all the different types of food from the stalls
Old 05-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #39
jce2
Mouseketeer

Can someone who has seen Dennis DeYoung's show tell me, does he do any Styx covers? I assume he has to since I don't think he has done a lot of solo work.

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #40
jce2
Mouseketeer

Never mind! I found the answer myself looking at his web page. For those of you wondering, his tour is entitled "The Music of Styx", so yea, I guess he might do a song or two ....or three, or more . I know a lot of folks aren't impressed by the November lineup, but for me Dennis is the best name on the entire list!

DL 1997, 1999

Old 05-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #41
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Last year he did a number of Styx songs. Some of which he didn't sing himself, like "Too Much Time." Another member of his band sang that. The "Sailing Away" singalong was fun.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #42
jce2
Mouseketeer

Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me!

DL 1997, 1999

Old 05-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #43
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Smile

Just extended our stay so we can see a couple more bands. I loves me some eat to the beat! 4 weeks now! Maybe I'll just stay to the end! I've been at the beginning and at the end, but never at both during the same trip!

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #44
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
Not to be disagreeable, but I don't agree with this advice. There is no way I can go a whole day of walking (like 10 miles) on just a few little bites of food. We definitely need one "real" meal.
We're all different, that's why Disney is great, folks can do it however they please. We are DVC so we have a good breakfast in the room. We would hit the kiosks at 11:00AM and with two of us splitting the plates we found that by the third or fourth booth (8-9 small plates), we were stuffed. Now granted we tried every dish at every kiosk. We both have disabilities so we are on scooters, but even so, we don't cover 10 miles a day even riding. We hardly make it around Epcot once.

We found that after visiting a batch of kiosks, we were ready for a relaxing dark attraction. It was a couple hours before we were hungry again. By the time we were hungry a third time we had an ADR. We spent a week at WDW and only tried everything at the kiosks once. We never had a chance to go back and revisit our favorites. I think if we hadn't had the ADRs we could have tried our favorites again.

I can see if you are walking 10 miles a day, you could consume more calories. That is like Olympic athlete or Marathon training sort of exercise! I guess whether or not you should plan ADRs depends on whether or not you are burning tons of calories or only a few.
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #45
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Well that makes perfect sense! Yes, we do a ton of walking (one time around the World Showcase is 1.2 miles and we go around that at least 4 times in a day. Then there is the walking within the pavilions, walking on the Future World side of Epcot and walking to/from our car. And maybe a couple hours at another park ). So maybe not a full 10 miles, but at least 7 or 8. I just get very, very hungry for a larger, solid meal as DH and I also share the small plates and so it's just a bite or two of each thing. We don't try every single item at each booth, rather we choose just one or two and try more booths. So that explains the difference in thought on a sit down meal. We also stay where there is a kitchen in the room, but we don't eat a full breakfast - usually just greek yogurt and sugar free/wheat free cookies I make from almond flour and stevia. I also buy those already hard boiled eggs in a bag and maybe grab one or two of those. So we get something to start with, but again, I need one "real" meal a day.

I do agree that part of the beauty is everyone can do their own thing. One just needs to know their own touring style/needs and plan accordingly. So all advice is helpful in figuring that out I think.

Last edited by Bellamouse; 05-20-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: