Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #331
winthropf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I have no problem walking up to a high-top with 2 or 3 people and asking if they would mind sharing their table for a few minutes!

I have not been turned away yet and I've met some really nice people I probably wouldn't have met otherwise!
Anyone is welcome to share a table I'm at. I have met people from all over the world and had great conversations sharing tables. I encourage everyone to share the table.

And I've never been turned down when I've asked to share a table except for when 3 or 4 more were joining.
winthropf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #332
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Last year I saw one couple at a table near the one I was at get very upset every time anyone tried to approach their table. The couple at the table with me and I started at their act. One of them would LOUDLY announce that this was OUR TABLE and generally act like2 year olds.

We did hear them point out the "drunks" at our table. I guess that is why they thought we were
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #333
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Yes, I do use the trash cans. Doesn't occur to me to object too vehemently to that but I understand that some do.
We do too. I've used lots worse at other times and in other places........

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #334
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

I am glad to hear there are some tables and I am sociable enough to go up and ask someone if I may share theirs. I am a clutz and terrible at balancing my food and drink and confessed glutton so I see myself have to much to juggle
I have used trash can tops as a substitute table at many a festival.

Side note: I really hope I get to see some of you at the festival. Will anyone else be there during my dates?

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #335
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Last year I saw one couple at a table near the one I was at get very upset every time anyone tried to approach their table. The couple at the table with me and I started at their act. One of them would LOUDLY announce that this was OUR TABLE and generally act like2 year olds.

We did hear them point out the "drunks" at our table. I guess that is why they thought we were
It is strange to me, but some people are simply anti-social and other are just icked out by eating with strangers. I do many events that require mass family style eating so I am used to sitting down with people I do not know. For the most part I rather enjoy the chance to meet new people although sometimes one does draw the short straw end up up sitting with less than desirable eating companions.

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #336
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

I do remember the addition of high tops but very minimal. We usually just pop a squat wherever and balance the food. LOL.

Or balance and eat/drink as you walk to the next kiosk. LOL
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #337
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

I like the tray with glass holder idea... they didn't have that when we went years ago. We'd be totally willing to buy a couple -- doubles as a souvenir.

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #338
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Side note: I really hope I get to see some of you at the festival. Will anyone else be there during my dates?
Must ask that there be no chatter on this thread regarding dates and whether anyone wants to meet up...if you'd like to find out if anyone can meet you at WDW, you are welcome to start a thread either in the main forum for dining or on the Meets board.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #339
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Someone mentioned the Chase lounge. Does anyone have info on it? Where, hours open, what it it?
The only info I have is last year's.

The Chase Lounge opened with the Festival center at 9 AM. It is in Future World, not the World Showcase. I think it closed when the Festival Center closed (I think that is at 9 PM).

It was a room in the rear of the Festival center. You could access it by showing your Chase credit card to a CM. The card holder could bring in up to 10 (!) guests. The room was furnished with cushy chairs and sofas and was generally a place to rest. For awhile they had chargers for cell phones but those disappeared about halfway through the festival. Bring your own charger if you want, there were a lot of outlets. Beverages (soft drinks, coffee, tea, water - filtered not bottled) were available, but you were supposed to use their cups and not your own. There was also a restroom and a touch screen where you could look up info on things like the Eat to the Beat concerts.

They offered wristbands each day for reserved seating at the concerts and for Illuminations viewing. The Illuminations area was between the two shops on the Future World side. The wristbands were first come, first get, and when they ran out there weren't any more.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #340
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
It is strange to me, but some people are simply anti-social and other are just icked out by eating with strangers. I do many events that require mass family style eating so I am used to sitting down with people I do not know. For the most part I rather enjoy the chance to meet new people although sometimes one does draw the short straw end up up sitting with less than desirable eating companions.
I go on cruises so I'm used to communal dining. But at WDW, many people seem very uncomfortable with it. It seems to be hit or miss. I've been seated with people in the Biergarten as well as the Japanese restaurant who just glared at me when I tried to make idle chit chat.

I think I will stick with the top of a trash can if I can't find anywhere else...
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #341
Tink2Day
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
I go on cruises so I'm used to communal dining. But at WDW, many people seem very uncomfortable with it. It seems to be hit or miss. I've been seated with people in the Biergarten as well as the Japanese restaurant who just glared at me when I tried to make idle chit chat.

I think I will stick with the top of a trash can if I can't find anywhere else...
So is that where you got the idea for your user id from?

JK of course.

I'm very shy in person, but people always come up and talk to me. I guess I just have one of those faces. I don't mind Biergarten sharing but smaller tables (or trash cans) make me a bit uncomfortable.
I can't wait to taste all of the delights of the F&W this year so I'll even share a spot and not complain.
Tink2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #342
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
Some people might also have anxiety disorders, like myself. I'm usually pretty good at Disney because it's a comfort zone, despite all the people, but eating around strangers can be a flare up for my social anxiety. Add strangers at the same table trying to talk to me and I become too anxious and uncomfortable to eat no matter how nice the people are.
Dreamer7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #343
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
The only info I have is last year's.

The Chase Lounge opened with the Festival center at 9 AM. It is in Future World, not the World Showcase. I think it closed when the Festival Center closed (I think that is at 9 PM).

It was a room in the rear of the Festival center. You could access it by showing your Chase credit card to a CM. The card holder could bring in up to 10 (!) guests. The room was furnished with cushy chairs and sofas and was generally a place to rest. For awhile they had chargers for cell phones but those disappeared about halfway through the festival. Bring your own charger if you want, there were a lot of outlets. Beverages (soft drinks, coffee, tea, water - filtered not bottled) were available, but you were supposed to use their cups and not your own. There was also a restroom and a touch screen where you could look up info on things like the Eat to the Beat concerts.

They offered wristbands each day for reserved seating at the concerts and for Illuminations viewing. The Illuminations area was between the two shops on the Future World side. The wristbands were first come, first get, and when they ran out there weren't any more.
If they offer the Chase lounge this year (and the special wristbands for Illuminations and concerts), I'd recommend going on a weekday. People would stand to get a better chance these wristbands won't be claimed as quickly as weekends, and the World Showcase Plaza viewing area might not be very crowded.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #344
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
If they offer the Chase lounge this year (and the special wristbands for Illuminations and concerts), I'd recommend going on a weekday. People would stand to get a better chance these wristbands won't be claimed as quickly as weekends, and the World Showcase Plaza viewing area might not be very crowded.
Thanks. We've been to F&W 6 times and I never knew about the Chase lounge. We'll give it a try.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #345
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
Thanks. We've been to F&W 6 times and I never knew about the Chase lounge. We'll give it a try.
We didn't either. I always wondered too why people were going into the building. I know they used to do some of the seminars and cooking demos in there.

We will definitely pop in and check out the lounge this year (if they have it)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: