Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #2371
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
We made it to hops and barley last night, only to be very disappointed to find out the festival had already used the ENTIRE stock of Rogue River Chocolate Stout! Before last week even! Disappointing, to say the least.
It is not unusual for some of the beers to run out before the last weekend.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #2372
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueg View Post
We has reserve seating for our first try at PFTS. I was stunned at the disorganization of check-in. We arrived early to find no sign directing us where to go. The CMs were overwhelmed. When we finally got into the right line, we stood for 20 minutes while ONE CM checked in all reserved seating. She eventually got some helpers to put on wrist bands.
I know we didn't spring for Wine View, but I thought that reserved seating would have kept us from feeling like cattle.
The food was good, not great. For over $300 a couple, we expected more and having done it once, we will not return. Just one more disappointment in a snake-bit trip.
Agreed on the reserved check-in. This was the worse I've seen (Oct 26 PFTS). No way were we seated by 7:15PM either. We were happy with the food and drink choices - 2 1/2 hours goes by too fast to get to everything - wish they would set it back to three hours.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #2373
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

For what its worth at this late date, here are my favorites:

Kimchi dog (I was shocked at how much I loved this ).
Pork Belly
Belgian Waffle
Also, the frozen drink at South Korea - sweet, but good.

And the Parisian Breakfast was amazing . I felt completely spoiled.

We also did the 3D dessert party - much better than I expected, and it really wasn't so bad to not have the sweet seats. We lined up a little more than a half hour early, sat down on the floor, and had no trouble getting seats. We sat with a nice couple on their anniversary trip. I was stunned by how much food and alcohol was there - my expectations were not that high, so it was a wonderful surprise for me.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #2374
Skoolie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
For what its worth at this late date, here are my favorites:

Kimchi dog (I was shocked at how much I loved this ).
Pork Belly
Belgian Waffle
Also, the frozen drink at South Korea - sweet, but good.

And the Parisian Breakfast was amazing . I felt completely spoiled.

We also did the 3D dessert party - much better than I expected, and it really wasn't so bad to not have the sweet seats. We lined up a little more than a half hour early, sat down on the floor, and had no trouble getting seats. We sat with a nice couple on their anniversary trip. I was stunned by how much food and alcohol was there - my expectations were not that high, so it was a wonderful surprise for me.
Which Belgium Waffle? They had 3 different types.
Skoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #2375
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoolie View Post
Which Belgium Waffle? They had 3 different types.

Is there any kind but chocolate ? Sorry, I should have specified. I probably should have tried the one with berries, but darn, there's only so much I can get down!
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #2376
EddieMI
Earning My Ears

Question Staff Photographer at EF&W events.

There was a photographer at all the events. Does anybody know where the pictures are posted? No one seemed to be presented with one of the photo pass cards. My wife was the one who noticed but she never asked him either.
EddieMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #2377
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you mean the guy with the beard who photographs most of the events, I do not believe his photos are accessible to the public. I'm certain Disney uses them for promotional purposes.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #2378
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Just back. I couldn't get enough of the meat on a stick from Argentina and the lemongrass chicken curry in Singapore.

It is really easy to spend some coin, especially with the magic band. It is truly magical how quickly the money goes. I treated a friend one afternoon and that was a $200 day!
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #2379
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
Just back. I couldn't get enough of the meat on a stick from Argentina and the lemongrass chicken curry in Singapore.

It is really easy to spend some coin, especially with the magic band. It is truly magical how quickly the money goes. I treated a friend one afternoon and that was a $200 day!
The DBF and I each spent close to $100per day at the Festival

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #2380
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

We cant manage to spend even $100 between the two of us! I guess if we spent ALL day there instead of just a tour around the booths each time we go? Going again tonight and tomorrow, A LOT more things we want to try.
Faves so far, the frozen drink & pork belly in Brazil, the dessert trio, the sangria, shrimp and rib eye tacos in Mexico, the lobster roll & Oktoberfest from hops & barley, and the filet from Canada. Everything we tried has been good, with the exception of the kimchee dog which was ok but just TOO spicy. On the list for tonight, China, Cheese, Germany, Italy, France, Hawaii & Scottland. We already have an idea of what we are getting and it is about $75. We will waddle away, how do others manage to try so much more?
Old 11-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #2381
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It is not unusual for some of the beers to run out before the last weekend.
I noticed the craft kiosk was out of Dogfish Namaste on 10/30, and the CM said that was it for the rest of F&W.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #2382
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I spend a lot by doing both lunch and dinner at the booths
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #2383
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRmS View Post
Odd ... I was there both Friday and Saturday and they were serving the Chocolate Stout. I had it on Friday night and a friend that was with us tried it on Saturday night.

To be honest though, you didn't miss much as I found it VERY bitter and not pleasant at all.
That was the replacement chocolate stout. I wasn't much of a fan of that one either. The Rogue River is much smoother with a nice subtle blending of the flavors. I hope it comes back next year.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #2384
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, our trip has come to an end. But we had a blast, as usual. We found some new likes and old dislikes this year.

The French Regional (Champagne) Lunch was amazing! We will consider doing that again next year. The beverage seminar was very informative, and we found we liked Argentinian Cab; which was a huge surprise. The culinary demo was ok, but we are not that into cooking, so it was only mildly interesting. The food portion was huge though!

The highest scoring foods for us (yes, we keep track) were the South Korean kimchi dog, Argentina beef skewer, Canadian filet mignon, and Moroccon chicken roll. The Scottish salmon was great the first day, but too salty our last day. The Canadian cheddar cheese soup has been declining for several years; we didn't even finish the one bowl we purchased. The filet was very large and cooked exactly how I would have ordered it, yum! And contrary to most everyone, we did not like the pork belly. We found it too salty and fatty. I wanted to like the African Berbere-style beef, but it was too over the top spicy for me. Wow. Perhaps because we were there late one night, and it had been soaking in jalapenos all day. But, wow.

As for the drinks, the Terrazas Malbec and Torontes in Argentina scored well. The grapefruit, Oktoberfest and dunkel at the Brewer's Collection (Flight #1) drew us back several times, the Neige Sparkling Apple Ice Wine was surprisingly refreshing, and the Szarlotka in Poland, Soju slushy in South Korea, and Vegan Red Blend in Terra were really nice finds. The most surprising of all, we found a Greek wine we actually liked, the Siglas Assyrtiko.

And I still do not like Scotch, no matter how aged. I tried, but nope. Not going there again. That and the Singapore Sling I think were the only items that I would have spit out if I had not been in public.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #2385
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I noticed the craft kiosk was out of Dogfish Namaste on 10/30, and the CM said that was it for the rest of F&W.
Yes, we found this too - we were there 4 days last week and kept asking, just in case... But DH was very disappointed. This was a beer he was looking forward to trying as Josh (EasyWDW) recommended it very highly.
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: