Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #2356
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchisholm View Post
Last year they were out of some merchandise items, but still had a good selection and they were on sale.
The only things I saw they were out of were (A) the tray for your food and wine (someone tried to buy mine from me ) and (B) the AP special event pins.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #2357
Skoolie
Mouseketeer

I need to find out if I can take food and wine fest food outside of Epcot.

Can I take the food samples out if I bring in a tupper ware container?

I know this is an odd request and I'll explain below.

My Grandma who has been looking forward to going won't be able to go due to some miscommunication and her health with no one to transport her, etc.

I'd take her myself but I don't have the means and I only have my season pass and can't afford to pay for her ticket and the food. (The ticket was supposed to be taken care of)

Anyway. She has been a before a long time ago and was looking forward to the Escargot again and trying a few other options.

My thought might be that since she lives close by I could bring them to her. but it's almost embarrassing to try to do something like this without people knowing the back story. I would be willing to risk the embarrassment as long as it was allowed.

Has anyone done anything like this?
Skoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #2358
dahirsh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerMomO View Post
I can't seem to find any reviews this year on new French Regional lunch. Has anyone gone? Are there some reviews buried in this thread? I am starting to have second thoughts about my reservation since an old 2011 review showed lamb and seafood as two of the courses and I don't like either. I thought I remember they don't really accommodate food preferences in these lunches and you get what they serve.
the menu changes weekly. The one I went to had sweetbreads, sausage and chicken as the proteins.

April 1978 Offsite April 1979 Offsite Dec 1999/Jan 2000 All Star Movies May 2002 All Star Sports Oct 2003 All Star Movies June 2006 All Star Sports
October 2007 Pop Century January 2009 Pop Century October 2011 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century October 2013 Pop Century
dahirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #2359
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoolie View Post

I know this is an odd request and I'll explain below.

My Grandma who has been looking forward to going won't be able to go due to some miscommunication and her health with no one to transport her, etc.

I'd take her myself but I don't have the means and I only have my season pass and can't afford to pay for her ticket and the food. (The ticket was supposed to be taken care of)

Anyway. She has been a before a long time ago and was looking forward to the Escargot again and trying a few other options.

My thought might be that since she lives close by I could bring them to her. but it's almost embarrassing to try to do something like this without people knowing the back story. I would be willing to risk the embarrassment as long as it was allowed.

Has anyone done anything like this?
You can take food out of the park, but no alcohol! I tried to leave once with a cup of water and was stopped! Once they found out it was only water, I was allowed to leave with it! (I often take food to go from Epcot back to my resort room - no one has ever challenged that! )

Sorry, I should have been more clear -- no open alcohol beverages! As TDC Nala said in her post, below, you can take sealed bottles out of the park.

Last edited by RachelTori; 11-01-2013 at 04:06 PM.
RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #2360
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
You cannot leave the park with open alcohol. If you want to bring out wine you would need to purchase a sealed bottle.

Anything else you want to take out, that is up to you to choose it and pack it.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #2361
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We've taken food from the F&W booths back to our room at BWV. The booths don't have "to go" containers but they will give you a second paper tray (the same one they use to serve the food) that you can use as a loose cover. It was a bit of a challenge to keep the "lid" on as we made our way through the crowd but we managed to get everything back to BWV. Real containers with proper lids and a flat bottomed bag to transport them would have made this easier but we managed.

And don't worry -- no one will ask you for an explanation as to why you want to take some of the food home instead of eating it in the park. There is no reason to be embarrassed. I think it's a nice thing to do for your grandmother.

Last edited by LisaS; 11-01-2013 at 06:21 PM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #2362
west&east
DIS Veteran

Attended PFTS last Saturday and had a great time even in General Admission. We did arrive early with another couple we met at the concert and shared a table with them.

We were staying off site so chose to take a taxi home from Beach Club. As we were waiting, we noticed an unmarked small private bus loading about 20 passengers that all appeared to from the Wine View Lounge (they all had the gift bags that I remembered from WVL last year.) A cast member stood at the bus doors and then drove it away.

Any ideas of who this group could be? Disney VIPs of some kind? Execs?

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #2363
Skoolie
Mouseketeer

Thank you to all that answered my question. Good news is that we were able to figure out a way for her to go!

Now hopefully the weather will hold out for us.

But I will keep that in mind just in case we can't get to everything she has on her list today due to the weather.

Thanks again!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #2364
Skoolie
Mouseketeer

Trip Report from Saturday Nov 2nd.

Started off cold and rainy. We were able to take my Nana and she enjoyed herself very much.

She's an old southern lady and to my surprise I think her favorite item was from Africa.

The Berbere Style Beef wuth Onions, Jalopenos, Tomato, Okra and Pap.
She doesn't like spicy but she loved this and wants to make a version of it at home. She loved the sauce, Okra is one of her favorites and she likened the Pap to grits.

Other stand outs for her were:
The Pork Belly from Brazil
The Empanada and the Beef Skewer from Argentina - Our empananda had a good amount of filling, so i think some or more filled than others.
All 3 items from Germany
Zapiekanki - (mushroom cheesebread) from Poland
Berry Compote Waffle from Belgium
Escargot in France

She wears dentures and said the Filet Mignon in Canada was too chewy. It was much more tender last year, though she did like the sauce and the mushrooms.

Despite the rain, which settled down at points we had a lot of fun.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #2365
Skoolie
Mouseketeer

Oh and I forgot to mention that I got my Nana to try a California Roll at the Japan Booth.

The avocado in it was not ripe at all. She said it was just okay. I couldn't believe they would serve it with avocado that was so unripe you couldn't bite into it.

Sigh. I'll have to get her to try the California roll at my favorite sushi place in town. It is much better.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #2366
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

About to start day 3 of our trip and wanted to provide some updates.

The cheese seminar was wonderful! Rouge Valley had some phenomenal cheeses to share. Wines were good too, but better without the cheese.

Grand Marnier tasting was fun with interesting information. I still don't care for it though.

This year's PftS was ok. Very little stood out as being exceptional. Ahi was great, but I love that anyway. Hot Toddy was AMAZING! Crowd was ok.

French Regional Lunch was phenomenal. Ours was served with 4 champagnes. Mmmm! Filet melted in you mouth. Wow. I would do that one again. Champagne Wayne was amusing.

Lamb Culinary Demo later today. Will report back about that.

Scotland salmon and Canadas sparkling Niege favorites so far, but Scotland to Canada is as far as we have gotten!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #2367
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Trip Report from Saturday Nov 2nd.

Started off cold and rainy. We were able to take my Nana and she enjoyed herself very much.

She's an old southern lady and to my surprise I think her favorite item was from Africa.

The Berbere Style Beef wuth Onions, Jalopenos, Tomato, Okra and Pap.
She doesn't like spicy but she loved this and wants to make a version of it at home. She loved the sauce, Okra is one of her favorites and she likened the Pap to grits.

Other stand outs for her were:
The Pork Belly from Brazil
The Empanada and the Beef Skewer from Argentina - Our empananda had a good amount of filling, so i think some or more filled than others.
All 3 items from Germany
Zapiekanki - (mushroom cheesebread) from Poland
Berry Compote Waffle from Belgium
Escargot in France

She wears dentures and said the Filet Mignon in Canada was too chewy. It was much more tender last year, though she did like the sauce and the mushrooms.

Despite the rain, which settled down at points we had a lot of fun.
I loved the Pork Belly.

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #2368
Skoolie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
I loved the Pork Belly.
She's on a permanent heart healthy diet and doesn't get many chances to eat salty foods. She got to splurge and loved the pork belly. She hasn't had something like that in a long time and it brought a smile to her face.

The Pork Belly seems to be a big hit this year. I haven't met anyone who didn't like it.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #2369
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

So yesterday we did one of the culinary demonstrations for the first time. Mahi Mahi prepared by Chef TJ from the Grand Floridian. The mahi was excellent, but we weren't really into the cooking demo thing like other attendees. I would rather do a wine seminar. It was only 45 min though, so easy to sit through.

EP was super crowded yesterday evening, but oddly, lines for the food booths were short. Hmm. The chicken roll in Morocco was the only stand out for both of us. The sides were wonderful. New Zealand was a hit, but only because I liked the spicy lamb meatball, which was huge, and tasting buddy loved the venison sausage.

We made it to hops and barley last night, only to be very disappointed to find out the festival had already used the ENTIRE stock of Rogue River Chocolate Stout! Before last week even! Disappointing, to say the least.

Today we have the daunting task of getting all the way to Africa, through Italy and Germany, in about three hours. Will update tomorrow on our level of success.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #2370
JeRmS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
We made it to hops and barley last night, only to be very disappointed to find out the festival had already used the ENTIRE stock of Rogue River Chocolate Stout! Before last week even! Disappointing, to say the least.
Odd ... I was there both Friday and Saturday and they were serving the Chocolate Stout. I had it on Friday night and a friend that was with us tried it on Saturday night.

To be honest though, you didn't miss much as I found it VERY bitter and not pleasant at all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: