Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #2326
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Remember they charge you for that baby. Plus if she is fussy you don't get a refund if you can't go.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #2327
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansstitch View Post
Hi everyone! DH and I love the food and wine festival, and somewhat sadly, our trip has already come and gone! We are expecting and I had to forego the lovely wine tasting this time around. We are beginning to plan for next year, but we will have our baby girl along with us. I've seen young kids in the deminars, but we have not yet done any of the special event lunches or dinners. We would really like to try out a few, but not knowing what they are like, ie, ease of stepping out of the room if needed, attitude of hosts toward even well behaved children, etc, we aren't sure what we may do. Have any of you known of attendees with young kids at such events? Of course, I would not take her if she were a fussy baby.
Thanks!
They will charge you for her,

That said, I don't think a baby is appropriate at the special event lunches & dinners. Other guests are spending significant money on these events as well & having to worry about if a child is going to behave or not that you could be sat near is not fun.

At my Le Cellier signature lunch, one party did bring an infant. The other guests were shocked. I made sure I was sat as far away as I could be after seeing the child scream for a while as we were waiting to be sat after the reception.

There are babysitters you can use as needed that can provide 24 hour care.
Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #2328
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

By the way someone posted they got into PFTS at 6 last week. Not happening this week. But you can check in now. They say they open the gate to World Showcase at 6:30.

Not a problem. There is an Off Kilter show at 6:15 and the weather is perfect
Old 10-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #2329
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Update. They let us into World Shiwcase but then they are just shoving us in a packed waiting area. My advice if you have reserved seating don't get here too early
Old 10-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #2330
sueg

DIS Veteran

PFTS last night

We has reserve seating for our first try at PFTS. I was stunned at the disorganization of check-in. We arrived early to find no sign directing us where to go. The CMs were overwhelmed. When we finally got into the right line, we stood for 20 minutes while ONE CM checked in all reserved seating. She eventually got some helpers to put on wrist bands.
I know we didn't spring for Wine View, but I thought that reserved seating would have kept us from feeling like cattle.
The food was good, not great. For over $300 a couple, we expected more and having done it once, we will not return. Just one more disappointment in a snake-bit trip.
sueg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #2331
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Sorry you didn't like the food. I thought a lot of it was excellent. My only real disappointment food wise was the crabcake from Wolfgang puck. Very dry and tasteless. Also was not overly impressed with the pork belly dish

Loved the braised pork cheeks and pheasant dishes.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #2332
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
They will charge you for her, That said, I don't think a baby is appropriate at the special event lunches & dinners. Other guests are spending significant money on these events as well & having to worry about if a child is going to behave or not that you could be sat near is not fun. At my Le Cellier signature lunch, one party did bring an infant. The other guests were shocked. I made sure I was sat as far away as I could be after seeing the child scream for a while as we were waiting to be sat after the reception. There are babysitters you can use as needed that can provide 24 hour care.
Hmm, babysitting is not an option for a preverbal child in my opinion, so I guess we'll just see as the time gets closer.

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #2333
Orsino
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
They were checking picture IDs for the person who made the reservation at the Kitchen Memories lunch today so anyone who showed up in someone else's spot technically should have been turned away. There were three people sitting across from us today so I"m curious if they got the "extra" tickets. I didn't ask though, didn't think of it until just now.

The lunch was great! I admit I didn't care for the first course, but most people seemed to love it. The entree was chicken and was very good. The dessert was excellent. The Voltaggios were very entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have at Party for the Senses tomorrow!
Ha! That's funny. I liked the first course, but didn't care for the second. My chicken was dry, so I think I just got a bad one.

Is there a place for commentary on the 3D Dessert Party? How does this year's compare to previous years. We went on Friday and I found it to be quite poor. I thought the desserts lacked variety and were so overwhelmingly sweet. I just couldn't eat that stuff. I wound up eating fresh fruit instead. Disappointing.
I liked the fresh baked soufflé in the sweet seats area, but that was about it.
Orsino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #2334
sasmmb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
Is there a website where I can get individual food booth reviews? FoodBLog has only pictures and I wanted reviews.
Thanks
You can rate the food booths here http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3SHD3GY. And the results of what people rated are here https://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx...5XeTmFjWPmQ_3d. I bookmark the last URL on my mobile device and then use that in line at the booth to decide what wine got the best rankings at that booth, and what food I may want to stay away from.

This survey is run by the AllEars.net website.
1974 - 1st trip - off site; Summer 76 - off site; Winter 76 - Golf Resort (now Shades of Green); 86, 88, 92 - off site; years blur together but AS Music, AS Sports, WL, DL, CBR, BW Villas, 1 night GF Concierge, Poly, YC, Swan, AS Sports, CBR (Dec 31, 1999), WL, AKL, CS, Poly, April 07 Swan, POFQ and Pop Century; Sept 07 FW Cabins; Oct 07 Dolphin ; Oct 08 off-site; Oct 09 BWV; Oct 10 SSR; Feb 11 GF; Nov 11 AKL/BWV; Jun 12 off-site; Nov 12 Pop Century; Nov 13 BWV; Feb 14 CBR and CS; May 14 OKW; Oct 14 Dolphin and BWV

DCL - Inaugural Alaska May 2011 (Wonder); West. Carrib. May 2012 (Fantasy); Eastbound Transatlantic May 2014 (Magic)

Married at the Disney Wedding Pavilion 1998
sasmmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #2335
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I actually got a survey from Disney. One of the steps was it gave me a selection of menu items at the booths and I assigned them to various categories including "actually purchased" and something "no way" (Along with some in between) For the menu items I put in the actually purchased i had to fill out a 4 part question on each one regarding taste, value would I buy again etc.. For the ones I said "no way" I had to say why (Both of them were from that fake meat booth and I hated them last year...) It also asked me about my experience at PFTS since I said I attended that... It was actually a fairly long survey!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #2336
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

I can't seem to find any reviews this year on new French Regional lunch. Has anyone gone? Are there some reviews buried in this thread? I am starting to have second thoughts about my reservation since an old 2011 review showed lamb and seafood as two of the courses and I don't like either. I thought I remember they don't really accommodate food preferences in these lunches and you get what they serve.
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #2337
PoohCorner71
Earning My Ears

Has anyone attended the Mexico Tequila Lunch this year?? We're going to our first one next week and I was curious how people are liking it this year...

PoohCorner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #2338
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohCorner71 View Post
Has anyone attended the Mexico Tequila Lunch this year?? We're going to our first one next week and I was curious how people are liking it this year...
We did it a week ago tomorrow. It was me, my boyfriend, my brother, and my brother's friend. We all liked it very much. I'm not sure how to add a pic from my phone, but the amount of glasses with different tequilas on the table was a sight! We started with a welcome margarita that was made with tequila, gin, some other alcohol? Also looked milky but it was rice water giving that consistency, no milk or cream. Cinnamon as well. This was great! And they gave us seconds when we asked, and then there were extras when it was over, so we drank those too. They wouldn't let us take them to go.

We also enjoyed learning the correct way to drink the straight tequilas. Food was good too. There was a cilantro soup that was really great. Overall we had a great experience and I hope we can do it again next year.
~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #2339
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerMomO View Post
I can't seem to find any reviews this year on new French Regional lunch. Has anyone gone? Are there some reviews buried in this thread? I am starting to have second thoughts about my reservation since an old 2011 review showed lamb and seafood as two of the courses and I don't like either. I thought I remember they don't really accommodate food preferences in these lunches and you get what they serve.
When is your reservation? We will be attending Nov 3 (next week! ), so I can post something shortly there after.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #2340
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
When is your reservation? We will be attending Nov 3 (next week! ), so I can post something shortly there after.
Nov. 10 after Wine and Dine race
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: