Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #2236
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Again, to be clear, we have loved PFTS every year but this one. We always do general admission and have never had an issue with crowds or finding a hi-top to lean at for a minute to cut a piece of meat. It was more crowded than usual this year. Far fewer hi tops and far more rude people who think they can hunker down and command a table or hi top all night. Offerings weren't, IMO, knock your socks off great like they usually are. And Cirque was reduced Ónd disappointing. We had a so-so time. If we feel the same way after this Saturday's party, we will probably skip it ( and maybe F&W all together) next year after attending for 6 or 7 consecutive years.

There is usually an attended table right at the far left entrance to EtTB concert where you can check in for PFTS.
Thanks for the info about the check-in. Hoping that since the last time we went was in 2004, we will enjoy the party for what it is. I can certainly understand getting burned out if doing the whole F&W thing every year for 6 or 7 years...
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #2237
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Again, to be clear, we have loved PFTS every year but this one. We always do general admission and have never had an issue with crowds or finding a hi-top to lean at for a minute to cut a piece of meat. It was more crowded than usual this year. Far fewer hi tops and far more rude people who think they can hunker down and command a table or hi top all night. Offerings weren't, IMO, knock your socks off great like they usually are. And Cirque was reduced Ónd disappointing. We had a so-so time. If we feel the same way after this Saturday's party, we will probably skip it ( and maybe F&W all together) next year after attending for 6 or 7 consecutive years.

There is usually an attended table right at the far left entrance to EtTB concert where you can check in for PFTS.
That's what happened to me a few years ago and that was hwy I said "no mas" to the party until I moved to reserved seating. People were almost coming to blows over tables.

And honestly that year I thought the same thing "food and wine weren't very good"

Looking back I really think that my table issue soured me on the rest of the event. Being around jerks tends to make my food taste bad LOL!

I am concerned with the reviews this year since last year when I walked around it seemed to me there were lots more tables and not near the "crowding" I had seen the last time I gave it try (I probably took 3 years off?)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #2238
PK56
Long time listener, first time caller

Can anyone tell me if the souvenir steins are sold in the Festival Center? My son plans to buy one with a 22oz beer, but would like another one to have a set.
PK56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #2239
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK56 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the souvenir steins are sold in the Festival Center? My son plans to buy one with a 22oz beer, but would like another one to have a set.

There are beer glasses sold in the Center but they do not match the steins sold with the beer
Old 10-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #2240
OtherFigment
Mouseketeer

Anyone know if you can order wine sampled at the festival after you get home? We figured we could buy the ice wine from the Canadian pavilion at home and not have to worry about shipping. Got home and can't find it anywhere around us!

OtherFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #2241
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherFigment View Post
Anyone know if you can order wine sampled at the festival after you get home? We figured we could buy the ice wine from the Canadian pavilion at home and not have to worry about shipping. Got home and can't find it anywhere around us!
Depends on where you live and if you can find an online store. Many states won't allow alcoholic beverages being shipped in...as in Utah.
This site, run by the place that makes le Neige can help you find distributors that might ship: http://www.boissetfamilyestates.com/buy/index.aspx

This site can help you determine if you can have it shipped to you:
http://freethegrapes.org/

This is what I found for Minneapolis, MN:
Southern Wine & spirits
701 Industrial Blvd NE
Minneapolis MN 55413-2905
Ships to: MN

Phone: 612.217.5197
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #2242
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK56
At any of the booths with beer you can buy an empty souvenir 22oz stein for $5

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #2243
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodleygrrl
Agreed. I think we are done with F&W for a bit, too. part of the problem this year was that we went on a holiday weekend. the crowds were crazy-train. When I have to wait about 20 minutes at any of the popular booths to get a bite, there is a problem.

I had way better food at some of the signature dining restaurants this time then waiting on line at the booths. Unless the quality returns, then I will just go some other time of year and pass on this event.

Jennifer
We were there this past Saturday and agree about the crazy-train crowds - and wary too. Seemed like the whole afternoon lines were conservatively 40-60 people deep and we couldn't justify that kind of wait so after our events we hoped over to MK.

BUT we went back yesterday (Thurs) afternoon and it was great. Most booths had no more than 4-5 people in front of us and some even had no line. Longest we saw was for Canada and was maybe 10-12 people.

Think in the future we will only do weekdays and if that means less options for special events, oh well

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #2244
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

After being here for 3 weeks I finally got something from every kiosk last night. Actually more than one thing from each. Germany was the last which surprises me because I love German food/beer. I always had a full beer when I walked by, so.....

One week left.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #2245
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
We were there this past Saturday and agree about the crazy-train crowds - and wary too. Seemed like the whole afternoon lines were conservatively 40-60 people deep and we couldn't justify that kind of wait so after our events we hoped over to MK.

BUT we went back yesterday (Thurs) afternoon and it was great. Most booths had no more than 4-5 people in front of us and some even had no line. Longest we saw was for Canada and was maybe 10-12 people.

Think in the future we will only do weekdays and if that means less options for special events, oh well
Planning on spending a lot of time at Epcot next Thursday and the following Monday and Tuesday. Going to try to avoid the weekend except we will have to go on Saturday, but only for the PFTS.
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #2246
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
At any of the booths with beer you can buy an empty souvenir 22oz stein for $5
THANK YOU!!!
I've been asking about what to do with the beer for a while.
This makes it all so much easier to get souvenirs!!
So excited, ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO!!

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancÚ 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #2247
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

OMG, we leave in the morning, packing up today, gonna hit DTD and Old Town tomorrow, then on Sunday F&W here we come!!! So excited, DD was ancy this morning saying she hopes school goes quick today,lol
I have loved all the reviews, pics and the answered questions, all together have helped with our planning and I just know we're going to have a awesome time!!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(12) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #2248
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodleygrrl View Post
Agreed. I think we are done with F&W for a bit, too. part of the problem this year was that we went on a holiday weekend. the crowds were crazy-train. When I have to wait about 20 minutes at any of the popular booths to get a bite, there is a problem.

I had way better food at some of the signature dining restaurants this time then waiting on line at the booths. Unless the quality returns, then I will just go some other time of year and pass on this event.

Jennifer
We were there last weekend too. It was super crowded. It does help to get there when WS opens at 11 & head out early afternoon. Crowds were not bad on Thu. & Tue. We're also done with F&W for awhile. I've been now 6 years in a row & it's just getting too expensive while the portions get smaller. No trip for sure in 2014. We'll see how I feel in 2015.

I am back there on 10/26 for a conference & since I'm solo (no kids) I booked the Taste, Shake & Indulge event. Can anyone tell me if I need to pick up a ticket for that at the festival center or just go directly to Monsieur Paul? The confirmation # is showing up in MDE. I would think that's enough but want to be sure. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #2249
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
We were there last weekend too. It was super crowded. It does help to get there when WS opens at 11 & head out early afternoon. Crowds were not bad on Thu. & Tue. We're also done with F&W for awhile. I've been now 6 years in a row & it's just getting too expensive while the portions get smaller. No trip for sure in 2014. We'll see how I feel in 2015.

I am back there on 10/26 for a conference & since I'm solo (no kids) I booked the Taste, Shake & Indulge event. Can anyone tell me if I need to pick up a ticket for that at the festival center or just go directly to Monsieur Paul? The confirmation # is showing up in MDE. I would think that's enough but want to be sure. Thanks.
Go directly to the restaurant. It's a great event!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #2250
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post

Y'all are starting to worry me, this will be our first time. This Sunday was the only day we could fit it in, though I have heard the warnings about weekends. I'm praying we can get enough in before the crowds get to bad.
I'm also hoping that maybe because MNSSHP is that night and also EMH at HS that maybe just maybe the crowds will be tolerable, fingers crossed!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(12) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: