Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #2221
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Remember you may not get any of the same dishes. The menu changes each week
Yeah, but I can dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
My wine glasses from last year are doing great. ( except for the one I dropped and broke). I got the stemless ones and I would estimate they have all been in the dishwasher at least twice a month or so
We have those too, and absolutely love them. The art on them feels more like a painting then a sticker.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #2222
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

We would never do reserved seating and none of my gripes or complaints were about the crowds or the " stampede" at the beginning as some like to call it. That part is fine and I still think greatly exaggerated to make owe paying $50-100 more feel justified in that.

My gripes were about the party itself. The quality of food was way down. Save for 1 or 2 items, there was nothing I wanted to go back for more of. Almost every winery was from CA. Not much variety in the wines. The performance by Cirque was not what it usually is. One acrobatic segment and the rest was just music. Good music but just music. I enjoy the Cirque piece so this was a disappointment. By adding reserved seating, more space was taken up and they cut the number of standing hi- tops way back. This made it no longer a viable cocktail party but more like a buffet/ banquet. Not what it is supposed to me but all the people clamor ing and griping for years about tables finally got their way and made it into a different type of event.

Now, it is possible we just had a week where the offerings weren't things we personally loved. We head back again on Saturday night so I am hoping my review will be that the food was great and there were lots of things we loved. Let's see.

And, BTW, the grapefruit beer is absolutely out of this world good. And if you get there early enough, the glasses they were giving away were awesome and far, far, nicer that the F&W event wine glasses.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #2223
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

We have a few different cooking, wine and mixology demos in a few days...

Where do I check in for them? Do I receive tickets? Can I get all of the tickets at once for the whole week?
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #2224
woodleygrrl
As god as my witness, I will never ever be swindled by these thieves at Disney bakeries again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
We would never do reserved seating and none of my gripes or complaints were about the crowds or the " stampede" at the beginning as some like to call it. That part is fine and I still think greatly exaggerated to make owe paying $50-100 more feel justified in that.

My gripes were about the party itself. The quality of food was way down. Save for 1 or 2 items, there was nothing I wanted to go back for more of. Almost every winery was from CA. Not much variety in the wines. The performance by Cirque was not what it usually is. One acrobatic segment and the rest was just music. Good music but just music. I enjoy the Cirque piece so this was a disappointment. By adding reserved seating, more space was taken up and they cut the number of standing hi- tops way back. This made it no longer a viable cocktail party but more like a buffet/ banquet. Not what it is supposed to me but all the people clamor ing and griping for years about tables finally got their way and made it into a different type of event.

Now, it is possible we just had a week where the offerings weren't things we personally loved. We head back again on Saturday night so I am hoping my review will be that the food was great and there were lots of things we loved. Let's see.

And, BTW, the grapefruit beer is absolutely out of this world good. And if you get there early enough, the glasses they were giving away were awesome and far, far, nicer that the F&W event wine glasses.
ok, I second all of this. My husband and I went to our very first party for the senses this past saturday. We have been going to F&W for the past five years or so and this is the first time that we made reservations for this event. We had the general admission tickets as the reserved ones were sold out when I wanted to buy them. which by the way? was on the first day that annual passholders and DVC members could make reservations. Anyway, we got to the event about 7:35 and all ready all of the seats and ledges were taken.

it was very very crowded and hot. Double that with having to hold onto your plate your glass and your small plate of food, it was very annoying. The food itself was not all that special. I was having better tastes at the booths the previous day! We noticed that there were some empty seats about an hour into the even with no purses or coats saving space. I had to sit down after standing for an hour, so we did. Well got forbid we sit at a table in the NON-RESERVED section for a few moments because we got told that those seats were taken in no short order by a group of 5 that had gone up to taste more food.

now I will loud talk as loud as the next person, but I wasnt going to get down to their level.

anyway, last time we do this. what a waste of money!

Jennifer
Old 10-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #2225
disneynme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodleygrrl View Post
ok, I second all of this. My husband and I went to our very first party for the senses this past saturday. We have been going to F&W for the past five years or so and this is the first time that we made reservations for this event. We had the general admission tickets as the reserved ones were sold out when I wanted to buy them. which by the way? was on the first day that annual passholders and DVC members could make reservations. Anyway, we got to the event about 7:35 and all ready all of the seats and ledges were taken.

it was very very crowded and hot. Double that with having to hold onto your plate your glass and your small plate of food, it was very annoying. The food itself was not all that special. I was having better tastes at the booths the previous day! We noticed that there were some empty seats about an hour into the even with no purses or coats saving space. I had to sit down after standing for an hour, so we did. Well got forbid we sit at a table in the NON-RESERVED section for a few moments because we got told that those seats were taken in no short order by a group of 5 that had gone up to taste more food.

now I will loud talk as loud as the next person, but I wasnt going to get down to their level.

Jennifer
I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. We may try PFTS again, but I hope the food will be better next time. I really expected to be wowed, but it didn't happen. I did enjoy a few glasses each of the Heitz and Silver Oak wines, though. Those are very good, expensive wines.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #2226
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post

Where do I check in for them? Do I receive tickets? Can I get all of the tickets at once for the whole week?
You get the tickets at the Festival Center on the day of the event - there's a counter right near the entrance. You then get in line for the event. They are all in the Center too. There a couple of places they are held and there are small signs for them.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #2227
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodleygrrl View Post

Jennifer

Now you know why I pay for a table the "rude" reserve the "free" tables. I didn't want to fight over a table with the "rude"

And I know both posters who are unhappy have complained about the tables but in Disney's defense it's what is selling. Looking at the sold out listing on the Disney Food Blog it's the reserved and Wine View that's selling out, not the general admission. And it's been that way for the last few years. Disney is just reacting to demand. When people like me called and were told "no reserved tables" we didn't move down to a general admission we just said "no thanks" so... Disney increased supply to meet demand (and yes I did not go a few years ago simply because I could not get a reserved table)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #2228
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Dh and I gave up on the PFTS years ago. And, our F&W Festival friends whom we met at one of the first festivals and who go every year to the Festival also gave up on it years ago. They were at the most recent one on Saturday night due to receiving free last minute tickets from a couple that couldn't go. They said it was nothing special, the stampede for general admission seating was awful and they simply would never pay to do it.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #2229
MDavis82
Earning My Ears

Hello Everyone, I have combed blogs on the WWW, trip reports and the like, I am hoping to find anyone may have gotten some photos of me proposing to my girlfriend at the Oct. 5th Sister Hazel concert (3rd set @8pm). Please let em know if you have any or have possibly seen or know people that were at that show.

If you'd like to email me please do so mdavis82 at gmail

Thank you!
MDavis82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #2230
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Special concert seaing for PFTS?

Well, still hoping to enjoy our PFTS on 10/26 even after reading the less than stellar reviews. Did it 9 years ago and thought it was fabulous. We have paid for the reserved seating and I see that it says: Check-in: Wine View Lounge podium at World ShowPlace Events Pavilion.

My question is this: If (and that's a big IF) we decide to go to see 38 Special with the special seating for PFTS, I am assuming it is the 5:30 show. Do we need to stop somewhere and get passes or something to get the special seating?

Thanks!
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
ashleyrm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #2231
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
Well, still hoping to enjoy our PFTS on 10/26 even after reading the less than stellar reviews. Did it 9 years ago and thought it was fabulous. We have paid for the reserved seating and I see that it says: Check-in: Wine View Lounge podium at World ShowPlace Events Pavilion.

My question is this: If (and that's a big IF) we decide to go to see 38 Special with the special seating for PFTS, I am assuming it is the 5:30 show. Do we need to stop somewhere and get passes or something to get the special seating?

Thanks!
You will need to check in for the PftS to get your wristband prior to the concert. I believe it is the 6:45 concert.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #2232
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

The CM who took my reservation said it is the 5:30 concert and to line up ar 4:45
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #2233
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnishobson View Post
The CM who took my reservation said it is the 5:30 concert and to line up ar 4:45
That makes more sense. The 6:45 concert would be a little late for the 7:15 entrance time for the reserved seating.

So there will be CMs at the Millenium building (or whatever they call it) early in the day doing check in for PFTS and giving out wristbands for the concert?
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
ashleyrm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #2234
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Again, to be clear, we have loved PFTS every year but this one. We always do general admission and have never had an issue with crowds or finding a hi-top to lean at for a minute to cut a piece of meat. It was more crowded than usual this year. Far fewer hi tops and far more rude people who think they can hunker down and command a table or hi top all night. Offerings weren't, IMO, knock your socks off great like they usually are. And Cirque was reduced ānd disappointing. We had a so-so time. If we feel the same way after this Saturday's party, we will probably skip it ( and maybe F&W all together) next year after attending for 6 or 7 consecutive years.

There is usually an attended table right at the far left entrance to EtTB concert where you can check in for PFTS.

Last edited by conandrob240; 10-16-2013 at 10:32 PM.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #2235
woodleygrrl
As god as my witness, I will never ever be swindled by these thieves at Disney bakeries again.

Agreed. I think we are done with F&W for a bit, too. part of the problem this year was that we went on a holiday weekend. the crowds were crazy-train. When I have to wait about 20 minutes at any of the popular booths to get a bite, there is a problem.

I had way better food at some of the signature dining restaurants this time then waiting on line at the booths. Unless the quality returns, then I will just go some other time of year and pass on this event.

Jennifer
woodleygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: