Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #2206
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
This was another good one.

I am sitting here thinking of booking something for my Saturday with PFTS. I am not sure what I might try though. I did the breakfast and Grand Mariner last time I was there and had such a great time I am afraid the second try might be a let down.
We love the cheese seminar. Two of the food groups for me, cheese and wine!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #2207
ras1121
Mouseketeer

Is the 22oz beer served in a souvenir glass or plastic mug?
ras1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #2208
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras1121 View Post
Is the 22oz beer served in a souvenir glass or plastic mug?
Souvenir plastic stein
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #2209
mickeymotto
Where in the "World" am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
I would suspect it is because oranges are strongly identified with Florida, and the F&W seems to be showcasing local (Florida) foods as well as international. Not may pineapples in Florida. They should sell the pineapple version at the Hawaii booth!
That makes sense. I never thought about it like that. I agree with offering the pineapple version at the Hawaiian booth. Then EVERYBODY wins!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #2210
ras1121
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Souvenir plastic stein
Thank you for the response. Do you know if they sell glass beer mugs with F&W logos on it?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #2211
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the response. Do you know if they sell glass beer mugs with F&W logos on it?
I am pretty sure they have them at the Festival Center and the gift shops.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #2212
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Here are some links to the merchandise:

WDW Info, Disney Lifestylers, or Shop the Magic

If anyone has gotten around to taking pics, I'd love to see 'em!

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancé 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #2213
ras1121
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelenawf View Post
Here are some links to the merchandise:

WDW Info, Disney Lifestylers, or Shop the Magic

If anyone has gotten around to taking pics, I'd love to see 'em!

Awesome, thanks!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #2214
OrlandoSteve
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Somewhat disappointed with PFTS tonight. This is our 6th consecutive year. This year was it as enjoyable. First, it seemed that Cirque du Soleil was band/ singer heavy and performance light. I remember three performance sets with band in between. I think there was one tonight and mostly a nd. They were good. It missed the acrobatic performances. Second, they ruined the cocktail party with all the paid, reserved seating. There were far fewer high tops for leaning and socializing. Probably only about 20 total. Space taken up with stupid tables/ chairs. Reunited the flow and the socializing. Thirs, there was no food I loved and wanted more of. It was good but nothing spectacular. Finally, wines were almost exclusively from CA. Not my preference and there was little variety.

I'll chalk it up to a night that didn't meet our individual preferences input will do a full review after next Saturday's party. I am feeling like it wasn't quite up to stuff this year but willing to try next weeks before I give a full assessment.

Some valid points, but I disagree overall. For us, it was the best PFTS out of the 5 we have been to. One of the biggest reasons it was so great- we had enough after 4 years and finally did it- we went with: RESERVED SEATING

We suffered through the same gripes you had for 4 years. The pre-curtain pull squish. The curtain pull stampede. And the jockeying for position to try to find a high top. We decided that last year would be the last of general admission for us. If we couldn't get reserved this year we wouldn't go.

Getting in 20 minutes before the curtain drop and having your own reserved table was priceless. So much more relaxed. Having 20 minutes to scope out the room and calmly grab a few things before the onslaught was amazing. Being able to wander around knowing we would have a chair and table waiting for us was fantastic.

Sorry if this all comes accross as stuck up and elitist, but they are just the facts. Can someone still have a great time with general admission? ABSOLUTELY! Despite our gripes each year, the food, ambiance and entertainment was still amazing. Nothing wrong with doing general admission- just know what you are in for.

As far as the food and entertainment from Saturday, it might just be the reserved seating talking, but we absolutely loved it.

Four of us go each year and we all voted the food this year the best of the last 5 years. I'm not a big venison eater, but the venison plate was simply amazing. That was our #2 favorite.

What was the #1 favorite? Well, usually you can tell the crowd favorite by watching which station gets the longest line throughout the night. There was one plate that had the longest line by far.. and for good reason! The most popular food of Saturday night.. and our overwhelming favorite...

(drumroll!)

The Bison Burger Sliders!

I've never had bison in my life and almost cringed at the the thought, but this was the juciest tastiest burger I have ever had. Very flavorful. Very, very surprising!

Of the 15 or so main dishes we tried, we only disliked one: The meat-free meatballs. Tasted gross.

The desserts were also very, very good. Those chocolates were amazing, and they had some very nice pastries and an amazing caramel custard/tart thing.

There were plenty of drinks to choose from. Some great wines. My new surprising favorite- Grapefruit Beer! Never had it before and we loved it!

As far as entertainment, I agree that the Cirque music is getting a little stale. It's getting to the point where we can sing along with the French Cirque music from memory! That said- it's still pretty cool.

We ablsolutely love the trampline "walking up the wall" thing. They do it every year and it never gets old.

The other acrobat stuff was just ok. I'm torn between wanting PFTS to stay with the Cirque theme or try somehting new sometime.

Overall we rated the Saturday PFTS as our best experience of the 5 we attended.

Bravo Disney!
OrlandoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #2215
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I am on the fence on Cirque. I don't really go to to PFTS for the show. I rarely bother to watch. Years ago they had several musical acts and I personally liked that better
Old 10-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #2216
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just keep in mind, they may not be 'dishwasher safe.' Our glass from last year is missing half the logo because it easily scrapes/washes off. Surprisingly chinzy for a Disney souvenir.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #2217
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoSteve View Post
Overall we rated the Saturday PFTS as our best experience of the 5 we attended.

Bravo Disney!
Great review, thanks! Glad to hear about this year's food. They had bison, venison, and ostrich several years ago that were surprisingly amazing! Can't wait to try this years selection.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #2218
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great review, thanks! Glad to hear about this year's food. They had bison, venison, and ostrich several years ago that were surprisingly amazing! Can't wait to try this years selection.
Remember you may not get any of the same dishes. The menu changes each week
Old 10-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #2219
west&east
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to see a range of opinions on PFTS. Last year was our first year, and we were in the Wine View Lounge. We absolutely loved the whole evening. This year, we booked late as we were unsure if we would be able to attend at all. We have general admission and hope to make the best of it, but I will still see if there is any way to angle for some last minute opening. I know it is virtually impossible but one can dream....

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #2220
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just keep in mind, they may not be 'dishwasher safe.' Our glass from last year is missing half the logo because it easily scrapes/washes off. Surprisingly chinzy for a Disney souvenir.
My wine glasses from last year are doing great. ( except for the one I dropped and broke). I got the stemless ones and I would estimate they have all been in the dishwasher at least twice a month or so

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: