Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #2146
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Happy to report the Le Cellier Signature Dining Event was a beer lunch. I thought it went really well. I should have full review of it up in my trip report by tomorrow if I don't have it done this evening.
Dis_Yoda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #2147
Skoolie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Yep!
1. Pork Belly at Brazil. OMG, this is GOOD! Plus the beer. Even if you don't like "dark" beer get this one it's not bitter went great with the pork belly
4.Canadian Cheese Soup Canada. What can i say? A proven winner!
5. Shimp taco from Mexico. I just really like this

My bottom five (1 is worst and then it gets better)
4, Escargots France. I love the escargot, I love the brioche, but I am not in
Loved the pork belly!
Cheese Soup an Canada is always a win
and I had both Tacos at the Mexican booth. I thought the rib-eye taco with chipotle was good but my favorite was the shrimp taco.

I'm taking my grandma in a few weeks and she is looking forward to the escargots and the last time she had it, several years ago. when it was 1 or 2 large ones was very good. I have thought over the years the escargot has diminished in side and the breading has increased to "try and make up for it". I hope she likes it still.
Skoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #2148
Minnie Annie
Minnie Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoSteve View Post
I disagree 100%. "Stampede" is exactly what it is. Did the stampede for the last three years. Horrible. People jockeying for position well before the curtain opens. Some people outright rude trying to get into just the right spot for the curtain pull. Then when the curtain opens- WATCH OUT! They have cast members begging people to slow down, but they ignore them and shove their way through. I am stunned nobody gets seroiusly hurt (or maybe some do and you just don't hear about it).

Then, during the stampede process, you have to try to find a standing table. Another experiment in human rudneness. It's unfortunate that such a fun event can be ruined by mean, nasty people.

We vowed never to go again without reserved seating. Fortunately, we did get reserved seating this year (or we would have skipped it). It will be nice to watch the stampede instead of participating. Maybe I'll take some pictures as the curtain is pulled!
Completely on board with you. We had reserved seating and when the doors opened up, the stampede did indeed come in. People were running and it actually made us wonder what the heck we got ourselves into. Having never attended before, we were wondering if it was the craziness would continue.

Thankfully it didn't, and the entire event was very manageable after that initial shock of people running - just really did not expect that. Reserved seating completely worth it though - and after having attended this now, I could not justify any value to the extra cost for the Wine View Lounge - you still need to go out and visit the areas to get your food - but if I could afford it would try it just once

2013 Summer Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruise, Bay Lake Tower/Beach Club Villas 2013 Easter Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo Concierge
2012 Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas - Food and Wine Festival
2011 Bay Lake Tower/Beach Club Villas - Food and Wine Festival
2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo Concierge, Disney Dream Cruise
2010 Bay Lake Tower/Beach Club Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo
2007 Beach Club Villas
2006 Beach Club Villas
1997 Boardwalk Villas
Minnie Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #2149
Chisoxcollector
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
ETA I still need to try the grapefruit beer too. Its always out when i walk by
Definitely make a point of trying it. They had it at Party for the Senses, and it was delicious!
Chisoxcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #2150
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

I've got to say, this thread certainly makes me happy I've never bothered to attend the Party for the Senses. It sounds like an absolute nightmare. Do that many folks really not understand the concept of a strolling cocktail party ?
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #2151
Dikran
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
I've got to say, this thread certainly makes me happy I've never bothered to attend the Party for the Senses. It sounds like an absolute nightmare. Do that many folks really not understand the concept of a strolling cocktail party ?
Don't let these massive over exaggerations deter you from trying out a great night of fun.
Dikran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #2152
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's only the first five minutes that is a bit chaotic. The rest of the evening is strolling, eating, drinking, talking with fun and interesting strangers. I really enjoy the PftS overall.

BwoZoo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #2153
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it's actually gotten much better.. Disney finally wised up and added LOTS of tables. As long as you could live without a table with a great view of the stage etc it looked like you could find a place to perch last year. But there is a group that wants the "best tables" (generally the ones just outside the reserved seating area) and will fight to get them.

If I was not going solo I might go back to General Admission. But with just myself I am not dealing with the table mess.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #2154
KelpSeaweedKelp
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when the Rose and Crown pulled the English Bulldog off the menu? That one surprised us last weekend. In fact, one of the bartenders didn't even know that it had happened so we wondered if it was a sneaky move since it was a lower-priced menu item.

I'm blaming the FW gods...
KelpSeaweedKelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #2155
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I think it's actually gotten much better.. Disney finally wised up and added LOTS of tables. As long as you could live without a table with a great view of the stage etc it looked like you could find a place to perch last year. But there is a group that wants the "best tables" (generally the ones just outside the reserved seating area) and will fight to get them.

If I was not going solo I might go back to General Admission. But with just myself I am not dealing with the table mess.
Good to hear it's not as bad as some make it seem. I'm not afraid to eat at a garbage can (lol - see my whole other thread on it) ... so this shouldn't be a problem.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #2156
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelpSeaweedKelp View Post
Does anyone know when the Rose and Crown pulled the English Bulldog off the menu? That one surprised us last weekend. In fact, one of the bartenders didn't even know that it had happened so we wondered if it was a sneaky move since it was a lower-priced menu item.

I'm blaming the FW gods...
Were you in the Pub? or the Restaurant? I thought the Pub stopped selling food during F&WF. They usually take the tables and chairs out also.

I'll be very sad if the Bulldog is gone for good.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #2157
deetman
Mouseketeer

Re: PFTS--it's really pretty easy. Get a drink elsewhere first, and head over about 20 min after opening. There is still plenty of time to try everything, and you miss all the opening hassle.

Herd mentality seems to take over at WDW anytime ANYTHING opens. It's not limited to this.

It's too enjoyable an event to let a bunch of running wackos wreck it.

I would recommend everyone try it at least once, if it fits your budget.
deetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #2158
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

I'm getting so excited about the Parisian Breakfast! The reviews sound so wonderful - better than I expected. I just hope the "unlimited" mimosas don't tire me out for the day .
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #2159
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetman View Post
Re: PFTS--it's really pretty easy. Get a drink elsewhere first, and head over about 20 min after opening. There is still plenty of time to try everything, and you miss all the opening hassle.

Herd mentality seems to take over at WDW anytime ANYTHING opens. It's not limited to this.

Totally agree with this. Dh and I started doing it this way a couple of years ago and find that there's still plenty of time to sample everything. We also never have problems with people sharing a table with us...or us sharing the table we're at with someone else. We enjoy visiting with people throughout the evening.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #2160
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetman View Post

Whole heartedly agree! We 'stumbled' across this event while perusing the F&W brochure one year. Bought tickets the day of, and have been going every year since because we have so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
Totally agree with this. Dh and I started doing it this way a couple of years ago and find that there's still plenty of time to sample everything. We also never have problems with people sharing a table with us...or us sharing the table we're at with someone else. We enjoy visiting with people throughout the evening.
We still correspond via email with people we have met at F&W events! There are some great strangers to be met at events like this!

BwoZoo22 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: