Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #2131
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
I love this place but the internet sucks

Sent from my mobile device.
Yep!

The MDE app thought I wasn't even in the park I was standing at the beer stand in Epcot. Wound up turning off wifi and it worked better with ATT only.

OK back on track.

I am going to do my top five so far... I have been here about 4 days and had a friend with me part of the time so..

1. Pork Belly at Brazil. OMG, this is GOOD! Plus the beer. Even if you don't like "dark" beer get this one it's not bitter went great with the pork belly
2. Kimichi Dog in Korea. Another great one. I had seconds Loved the hot dog (according to the chef's it's specially made, they should sell it year round!)
3. Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef. Belgium Another winner! Very good.
4.Canadian Cheese Soup Canada. What can i say? A proven winner!
5. Shimp taco from Mexico. I just really like this

My bottom five (1 is worst and then it gets better)

1. Florida Grass Fed Beef slider.. hmm.. it's a hamburger LOL! At least I got it for free at the D23 event
2. Griddled Lobster Tail. Overcooked and the butter was too overpowering
3. "Le Cellier" Filet. Tiny and not very good. Not ear as much truffle butter sauce as last year.
4, Escargots France. I love the escargot, I love the brioche, but I am not in love with this combo it's too much bread too little escargot
5, Blue Cheese Souffle from the country of Cheese, I wanted to love it but it's just OK
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #2132
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Yep!

The MDE app thought I wasn't even in the park I was standing at the beer stand in Epcot. Wound up turning off wifi and it worked better with ATT only.

OK back on track.

I am going to do my top five so far... I have been here about 4 days and had a friend with me part of the time so..

1. Pork Belly at Brazil. OMG, this is GOOD! Plus the beer. Even if you don't like "dark" beer get this one it's not bitter went great with the pork belly
2. Kimichi Dog in Korea. Another great one. I had seconds Loved the hot dog (according to the chef's it's specially made, they should sell it year round!)

1. Florida Grass Fed Beef slider.. hmm.. it's a hamburger LOL! At least I got it for free at the D23 event
3. "Le Cellier" Filet. Tiny and not very good. Not ear as much truffle butter sauce as last year.
4, Escargots France. I love the escargot, I love the brioche, but I am not in love with this combo it's too much bread too little escargot
5, Blue Cheese Souffle from the country of Cheese, I wanted to love it but it's just OK
glad to see you liked the shrimp taco, DD and I are trying to decide if we want to try it as we love Mexican food and shrimp...
may I ask, was the potato leek waffle overwhelming with the the leek? thx!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #2133
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
glad to see you liked the shrimp taco, DD and I are trying to decide if we want to try it as we love Mexican food and shrimp...
may I ask, was the potato leek waffle overwhelming with the the leek? thx!
I really did not notice the leek. So I don't think you will find it overpowering.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #2134
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really did not notice the leek. So I don't think you will find it overpowering.
cool,thx!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #2135
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter

Yep!

OK back on track.

Sorry to hear you didn't like the blue cheese soufle ... I too wanted to like it but haven't heard any good reviews yet

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #2136
Joey1
Earning My Ears

Late night at Epcot during Food and Wine

Can anyone confirm if
the food booths are open late on Wednesday for the late night magic hours? I know it is usually just a few rides and venues, but hoping that World Showcase and food kiosks stay open??
Joey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #2137
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Beer is good

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #2138
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey1 View Post
Can anyone confirm if
the food booths are open late on Wednesday for the late night magic hours? I know it is usually just a few rides and venues, but hoping that World Showcase and food kiosks stay open??
They do not stay open during EMH.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #2139
Dikran
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This is not a formal review but I went this past Saturday. They don't really let you over the bridge into the France area until a few minutes before 9 and then you line up to check in. Someone from the first party said they brought out Mimosas to them, that didn't happen with our party. You are lead to your seat by a waiter and then it's on. There's a buffet. Don't expect anything healthy (None of those strange whole wheat croissants the D23 event tried to pawn off on us) Beautiful pastries, great cheeses and meats. IT's all you can eat. I only made one trip but others went back several times The mimosas were unlimited and we got our money's worth just out of that. After the first one our waiter refilled them.. his method was lots of champagne and a splash of orange juice.... and our glasses were full almost the entire time we were there.... Someone from the restaurant gave a little speech about how their bakery works and pushed the afternoon event but that was it for "education" My gut feeling is this is the year to go, when they figure out how much we are drinking either the unlimited drinks go or the price goes way up I had a great time!
Thanks so much! Looks like it's gonna be a fantastic morning!
Dikran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #2140
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Note....

I don't see the stein they give you when you buy beer in that report. The one I see is the one they sell. The one they give you is plastic and has small food and wine log on it.
I am so thoroughly confused. Someone directed me there & the article mentioned "souvenir cup." I just assumed that it was the 22 oz stein.

*UPDATE*
I started to ask if anyone could clear it up. Then I just Googled it. Found a thread on here. That is the stein!!! Sharing so any one else that's interested will know.

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancé 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #2141
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Can't wait .... I'll be arriving next Sunday at noon, and we've got a short Sunday / Monday / Tuesday trip planned.

How do the crowds shake out on those days ? Long waits ? Our travelling companions wanted to do Thursday through Monday but I told them I' was couldn't handle another Friday or Saturday evening at F&W ... standing in line for 45 minutes for a small plate is not my idea of fun.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #2142
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
Can't wait .... I'll be arriving next Sunday at noon, and we've got a short Sunday / Monday / Tuesday trip planned.

How do the crowds shake out on those days ? Long waits ? Our travelling companions wanted to do Thursday through Monday but I told them I' was couldn't handle another Friday or Saturday evening at F&W ... standing in line for 45 minutes for a small plate is not my idea of fun.
Sunday may be crowded(most likely)but Mon and Tues are more manageable. Have fun!!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #2143
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post

I think since you are avoiding Friday and Saturday evenings that should help ... though with Monday being Columbus Day that could be worse than a normal Monday and also push Sunday night to being a bit more crowded than a normal Sunday night. Tuesday might be your best bet to get the most done

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #2144
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
I think since you are avoiding Friday and Saturday evenings that should help ... though with Monday being Columbus Day that could be worse than a normal Monday and also push Sunday night to being a bit more crowded than a normal Sunday night. Tuesday might be your best bet to get the most done
Thanks. I'll execute the usual strategy of getting there early and drinking often. We've got a few lunch time events, so we should be good an lubed up and in "leisurely stroll" mode from 2 - 9 pm.

We've got a dinner Sunday night (Il Mulino) and a fireworks cruise Monday night, so when the crowds max out, we'll be out the door. Can't wait !
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #2145
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Korea, Hawaii and Germany are the only places i haven't tried yet.

ETA I still need to try the grapefruit beer too. Its always out when i walk by

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: