Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #2101
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
I think the opening " stampede" is very exaggerated. We have gone to PFTS every year for the past 5-6 yrs and never waste the extra money on a seat. Yes, it is a little crowded but no one runs or pushes. It is a large crowd flowing well through a huge opening. No cause for alarm or fear for injury. I can't wait!
Last year I felt like I was watching the running of the bulls at Pampola. Stampede seemed to fit what I saw. A hundred folks in a full out Tim qualifed IMHO
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #2102
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

That should read 'full out run'. Auto correct helped me (yeah right) and I can't figure out how to edit on my phone.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #2103
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

It is nothing like a stampede. It is a large crowd, yes but stampede? Not at all. but I guess that exaggeration may help some justify the high price tag for WVL! Lol
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #2104
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is nothing like a stampede. It is a large crowd, yes but stampede? Not at all. but I guess that exaggeration may help some justify the high price tag for WVL! Lol
I will take photos this year. Folks can judge for themselves
Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #2105
WaltsMartini
Mouseketeer

Do any of the kiosks have the passports or are they only at the Festival Center?

In exactly 2 weeks at this time we'll be strolling around having "dinner" at F&W - I am SO excited!
“Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have ...I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.” Walt Disney

Say hi to me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!
WaltsMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #2106
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltsMartini View Post
Do any of the kiosks have the passports or are they only at the Festival Center?

In exactly 2 weeks at this time we'll be strolling around having "dinner" at F&W - I am SO excited!
We picked up our passport at the Desserts & Champagne booth.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #2107
Chisoxcollector
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well, I was there last night. It was absolutely a stampede. The stampede went right by my table. I certainly can't judge how it was the nights you have attended in the past... and you certainly can't judge last night, if you weren't there.

Last edited by Chisoxcollector; 10-06-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Chisoxcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #2108
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

I posted my review of the Taste, Shake, Indulge in my trip report along with some of my booth offerings.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #2109
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Was anyone hurt? Trampled? Stepped on? If not, it was no stampede. It's a crowd, an excited crowd entering a party. It's a little tight and chaotic for about 2-3 minutes and then it is fine. Don't try to make it more than it is.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #2110
Chisoxcollector
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Was anyone hurt? Trampled? Stepped on? If not, it was no stampede. It's a crowd, an excited crowd entering a party. It's a little tight and chaotic for about 2-3 minutes and then it is fine. Don't try to make it more than it is.
Nope, nowhere in the definition of stampede does it say anything about being hurt, trampled, or stepped on. The most applicable definition of stampede is:

"A sudden headlong rush or flight of a crowd of people."

That is a PERFECT definition of what happened last night. You're right, it only lasted a few minutes. I never stated otherwise. In no way am I making more of it than it is. You just have a very extreme personal definition of what stampede means.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #2111
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Cool

(*Dons flame-retardant suit*)

I feel like Ms. Nala should intervene soon. This is a place for Food & Wine info, Q & A, as well as reviews, and pics. The continued fight over the definition &/or correct use of a word chosen by someone to describe their personal perspective is rather petty & distracting.

I love the additional info & various points of view from people that have been there. If you have a different memory, then add your review! Don't start critiquing other's posts just because you don't agree.

All that having been said...anyone have a pic of that 22oz souvenir stein? I really want to know in advance what it looks like. Someone on here mentioned earlier that it wasn't dishwasher safe.

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancé 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #2112
Dikran
Mouseketeer

Anybody have a link to a Parisian Breakfast review? Very curious about this one and can't wait to go on Nov 2!
Dikran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #2113
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

I wasn't questioning the use of the word. My point was that describing the general admission to PFTS as equal to a stampede or the running of the bulls was a tremendous exaggeration that might scare off new party-goers. It is a great experience even in general admission and in 8+ parties, we have never felt a stampede or any kind of negative issue with the entrance to the party. It is a large group of people excited to enter but it is wll-orchestrated and perfectly fine. and if crowds scare you, enter the party five minutes late and there will be no crowd at all.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #2114
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikran View Post
Anybody have a link to a Parisian Breakfast review? Very curious about this one and can't wait to go on Nov 2!
Remember reading one, can't find it now (big help! ).

Our Disney friends (conversation with strangers at F&W one year, ran into same strangers following year, exchanged email and phone #s = Disney friends!) just tried it and loved it. Brief email description, but lots of mimosas and great food. Not a lot of help, sorry. But they did recommend it! The Italian wine tasting lunch is another one of their favorites, if that helps!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #2115
Chisoxcollector
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelenawf View Post
All that having been said...anyone have a pic of that 22oz souvenir stein? I really want to know in advance what it looks like. Someone on here mentioned earlier that it wasn't dishwasher safe. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Josh has a picture of the stein (at least I think it's the one you're talking about) in his latest post at easywdw.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: