Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #2041
donnawine
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
No Unibroie

Sent from my mobile device.
Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but all the Unibroue is in Canada at the little kiosk by Le Cellier (has popcorn too) - NOT at the F&W Canada kiosk.
donnawine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #2042
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolissi View Post
Can anybody recommend a must try drink at this years festival. I like my sweet drinks so anything like beer or a dry wine would be off the list. Thanks
Recommendations based on last year: France always has some excellent slushie style drinks, and the cosmo was very good. And the Belgium chilled coffee with Godiva chocolate liqueur is worth several return trips! And I'm looking forward to trying the frozen s'mores at the dessert booth!

BwoZoo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #2043
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnawine View Post
Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but all the Unibroue is in Canada at the little kiosk by Le Cellier (has popcorn too) - NOT at the F&W Canada kiosk.
Shhhh, we gotta keep this quiet as it sometimes runs out before the end of the day...
cdtommie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #2044
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolissi View Post
Can anybody recommend a must try drink at this years festival. I like my sweet drinks so anything like beer or a dry wine would be off the list. Thanks
The Frozen Szarlotka at the Poland booth. Tastes like apple pie and is made with vodka.

Haven't tried it yet but at the American Adventure Coffee Cart is the Shakin' Jamaican Coffee made with Kahlua, Vanilla & Caramel. It is served Hot or Frozen. Sounds sweet to me.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #2045
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Recommendations based on last year: France always has some excellent slushie style drinks, and the cosmo was very good. And the Belgium chilled coffee with Godiva chocolate liqueur is worth several return trips! And I'm looking forward to trying the frozen s'mores at the dessert booth!
Got a skip recommendation on the F&W booth France slushie from an esteemed Dis board member due to low alcohol component.

I thought the Singapore Sling was pretty good last year.
cdtommie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #2046
TammyA
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of the great info here! Does anyone know if they're still serving coffee margaritas at La Cava de Tequila during F & W festival? Thanks!
Old 10-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #2047
Jolissi
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great recommendation. I will be there in 7 days and getting quite thirsty. Lol
Jolissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #2048
kandim
Earning My Ears

Has anyone seen the be our guest annual pass holders festival pin? Here now, but We haven't been able to find it.
kandim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #2049
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
Shhhh, we gotta keep this quiet as it sometimes runs out before the end of the day...
As of 8:30 tonight supply was holding out

Did a quick dive tonight. Stuck to some old favs Tried the Seafood stew in Ireland. YUM. Cheese Soup in Canada this was a good batch. Escargot in France. Got to admit, I get this every yea and never love it. I like Escargot, i think there is too much bread. I also had the lobster tail in USA, good but probably not a must do.

(Please excuse any typos, I am not 'over indulged" but these. 50+ eves and a tiny iPhone screen after dark are not a good match :0 )

Last edited by OrangeCountyCommuter; 10-03-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Corrected the worst of the typos!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #2050
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Reading my post above convinced me I am old. OMG the typos. Sorry. I will try to edit when I get on a real computer
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #2051
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyA View Post
Thanks for all of the great info here! Does anyone know if they're still serving coffee margaritas at La Cava de Tequila during F & W festival? Thanks!
Pretty sure those are a regular menu item @ La Cava. I'm partial to the Blood Orange myself. One week from tomorrow I'll be enjoying one.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #2052
Amunet
DIS Veteran

I have another question!

Regarding the item Ravioli de formaggio allemiliana at the Italy Pavillion
The description is Baked Cheese Ravioli, Creamy Beef Bolognese, Parmesan, Mozzarella.
I was wondering if the beef is on the bottom of the dish or throughout or just on top?
I've seen some pictures and the one I saw with a cross section shows the meat is just on the bottom.

Could anyone confirm this? I don't eat beef but the dish looks VERY good. Hoping I could just scrape off the beef

Past Disney Trips
Disneyland 1995 • 2005 • 2013
Disney World 2008 CBR (Honeymoon) • 2011 POFQ • 2012 AoA/POR • 2013 AKV/CBR
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #2053
margareton27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I have another question! Regarding the item Ravioli de formaggio allemiliana at the Italy Pavillion The description is Baked Cheese Ravioli, Creamy Beef Bolognese, Parmesan, Mozzarella. I was wondering if the beef is on the bottom of the dish or throughout or just on top? I've seen some pictures and the one I saw with a cross section shows the meat is just on the bottom. Could anyone confirm this? I don't eat beef but the dish looks VERY good. Hoping I could just scrape off the beef
Double post
margareton27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #2054
margareton27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I have another question! Regarding the item Ravioli de formaggio allemiliana at the Italy Pavillion The description is Baked Cheese Ravioli, Creamy Beef Bolognese, Parmesan, Mozzarella. I was wondering if the beef is on the bottom of the dish or throughout or just on top? I've seen some pictures and the one I saw with a cross section shows the meat is just on the bottom. Could anyone confirm this? I don't eat beef but the dish looks VERY good. Hoping I could just scrape off the beef
Yes it is only on the bottom and is not a lot of meat so you could easily eat the top layers. It was really good!!!
margareton27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #2055
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by margareton27 View Post
Yes it is only on the bottom and is not a lot of meat so you could easily eat the top layers. It was really good!!!
Oh goodness really? Awesome! I think I saw this last year but I skipped it cause of the beef. Excited to try this year

Past Disney Trips
Disneyland 1995 • 2005 • 2013
Disney World 2008 CBR (Honeymoon) • 2011 POFQ • 2012 AoA/POR • 2013 AKV/CBR
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: