Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #2011
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerMomO View Post
You needed Disney Chase for the one wristband...can't recall. The Chase only got you on type, the Disney Chase got your choice of Illuminations or concert. The reserved area I saw was off the to the side on 2nd or 3rd rows of the second section,,,but they also had a VIP section for a party for Chases executives, so not sure which was which.
The area last year was the first couple of rows of the second section, all the way to left if you were facing the stage. It sounds like it's the same.

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #2012
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Has anyone seen any reviews of the weekend events. Curious about PFTS and Parisan breakfast, but just wondered how the events and seminars were going
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #2013
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
I've never noticed different steins, could just be me though. I like smaller glasses so I can taste everything!

Personally, I would recommend getting a real glass stein/mug/glass rather than the plastic steins. The glass booth in Germany has all sorts of shapes and sizes you can get custom engraved and the F&W gift shop has event specific glasses. We have a great collection from a variety of years.
I've bought giant beer mugs from Germany for friends. I just realized I have amassed a bunch of plastic ones. I've both cups from Gaston's Tavern, one from HP at IoA, & various others. So I thought the ones at the booths would be a cute addition. So any pics or info would be super helpful.

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancé 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #2014
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That'sNotVeryMagical View Post

The area last year was the first couple of rows of the second section, all the way to left if you were facing the stage. It sounds like it's the same.
Can somebody fill me in on the connection between Disney chase and the viewing area/wrist band? We have a card, but don't know anything about this at F&W. we are doing the character meet/greet for visa holders.
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #2015
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
Can somebody fill me in on the connection between Disney chase and the viewing area/wrist band? We have a card, but don't know anything about this at F&W. we are doing the character meet/greet for visa holders.
Chase Visa (CC or Debit) cardholders can enter the Chase Lounge on the third floor of the America Pavillion where on some days you can reportedly get preferred entrance/seating for the concerts and fireworks. So far, no one has confirmed if a Chase Disney Visa gets anything more than a Chase Visa. With Chase a sponsor, I think not.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #2016
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post

Chase Visa (CC or Debit) cardholders can enter the Chase Lounge on the third floor of the America Pavillion where on some days you can reportedly get preferred entrance/seating for the concerts and fireworks. So far, no one has confirmed if a Chase Disney Visa gets anything more than a Chase Visa. With Chase a sponsor, I think not.
I did know about the lounge, we are going to ATTEMPT to make it there, but the American Pavillion seems far away for 1 day at Epcot. How can I find out about preferred fireworks seating on day of? We will be at Epcot 10/6
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #2017
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
I did know about the lounge, we are going to ATTEMPT to make it there, but the American Pavillion seems far away for 1 day at Epcot. How can I find out about preferred fireworks seating on day of? We will be at Epcot 10/6
Someone actually there will need to answer that. Anyone? I have only heard being there is the way to get info. I would recommend the boat from Disney Traders or Port of Entry to Morocco or Germany. Fastest route over.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #2018
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Has anyone seen any reviews of the weekend events. Curious about PFTS and Parisan breakfast, but just wondered how the events and seminars were going
Haven't seen anything yet about PFTS but did read some positive stories about the Parisan breakfast ... most of the commentary was that it provided unlimited mimosas and the attendees thought it turned out to be a very good value

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #2019
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Haven't seen anything yet about PFTS but did read some positive stories about the Parisan breakfast ... most of the commentary was that it provided unlimited mimosas and the attendees thought it turned out to be a very good value
Thanks!

My Parisian breakfast was a late add last week and I was hoping it would be worth it.

I thought about waiting until next year but sadly my experience has been that Disney tends to make things worse not better. They seem to think "well it was a success so next year they will come even if we offer less"
Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #2020
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
I thought about waiting until next year but sadly my experience has been that Disney tends to make things worse not better. They seem to think "well it was a success so next year they will come even if we offer less"

......and the cost always goes up too - usually by $15 to $35.

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #2021
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

By chance has anyone seen if they are selling F&W salt/pepper shakers?? Thx!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #2022
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
By chance has anyone seen if they are selling F&W salt/pepper shakers?? Thx!
I've never seen those (in past years), but the gift shop in the festival center does have a nice pair of Mickey salt and pepper grinders. We love ours.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #2023
Empress Room
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There was no PFTS on opening weekend (never is). The first PFTS is scheduled for this Saturday, October 5. I too heard excellent things about the Parisian breakfast and someone posted a review if you do a Search.
Empress Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #2024
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have been doing the PFTS for six or seven years now, Wine View Lounge seating and general admission tickets; this will be our first year in Reserved Seating. Ticket prices have remained essentially unchanged since I started keeping track in 2010.

We have found the quality and quantity at PFTS remains high each year, which is why we keep going back. The WVL seating is fun, but I'm not sure the extreme price difference (more than $130 a seat) is worth the private table, personal service, full bar, and special food selection. The personal service is exceptional, thought. And we really enjoy not having to be part of the general admission stampede to get a table, but the cost is a real consideration. The reserved seating is not a significant cost increase (about $45/person), so we will see if that is worth it this year, depending on where those seats are. Talking with strangers is part of the fun for PFTS!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #2025
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Room View Post
There was no PFTS on opening weekend (never is). The first PFTS is scheduled for this Saturday, October 5. I too heard excellent things about the Parisian breakfast and someone posted a review if you do a Search.
(There was one year I went, but I think you are right the last few years there's been no PFTS this year)

I saw a post for Parisian Breakfast in this thread, but it mainly went through the logistics of getting in etc not much on food etc. I have searched but will try again

Also was curious how the seminars went this year. Last year I returned after taking a break. I didn't want to keep paying to be treated rudely by the staff and a few years ago they were just horrid. Talking loudly while picking up the empty glasses, tried to make me sit in a seat that had no "table" in front of it because the pooh sized folks already there had shoved the chair into the aisle... The vendor rep finally had it with them and told them to SHUT UP and moved me to an empty table (which interfered with their loud clean up campaign LOL!) Last year I went back for a couple and was much happier but....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: