Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #1966
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmacats View Post
Hi all. Has anyone seen the chicken chunks with pineapple sauce from the refreshment port (or seen pictures of them)? They're about $8, so I was wondering if the portion size was larger than most of the other items. I checked the disney food blog and the pix on wdw info, but neither has the chicken.

My two favorite entrees/proteins are missing this year (ropa vieja from the caribbean, and coq au van from france), so I'm looking for something new. i'm sure i'll try lots of different stuff, but there is one night when we have fast passes in FW around dinner-time, and the refreshment port is pretty close to the walkway to FW, so i thought these might be a good dinner option.

2.5 weeks to go! i can't wait!

Thanks!

I have not seen the pictures or these actual food items but I did feel the pineapple fritters were a fabulous deal from there- you got two large rings of pineapple battered and fried for the $1.99. The amount for the dole whip from there was also decent for the price so you may have a pretty good chance of it being actually small meal sized.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #1967
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
No Unibroie

Sent from my mobile device.
There is Unibroue. Not at the Canada Food Booth but at a separate beer stand just a little way past the food booth. I took this picture Thursday evening so the lighting isn't great. la Fin du Monde, Ephemere Cherry and Trois Pistoles

Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #1968
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Chase Visa Card Lounge

Upstairs American Theatre. Queue set up. Attendants there asking to see your Visa Card. You can then wait for the elevator or climb the 3 flights of stairs.

Restrooms, Main room with tables and chairs and electronic charging equipment, third room with the free beverages of water, tea, coffee and coke products. Some alcohol for sale, Michelob light, I think and wine by the glass.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #1969
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner
Upstairs American Theatre. Queue set up. Attendants there asking to see your Visa Card. You can then wait for the elevator or climb the 3 flights of stairs.

Restrooms, Main room with tables and chairs and electronic charging equipment, third room with the free beverages of water, tea, coffee and coke products. Some alcohol for sale, Michelob light, I think and wine by the glass.

Thanks for posting. I know some people were wondering if they were checking for the Disney Chase Visa specifically. Do you know if they were, or was it and visa or any Chase visa?

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #1970
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
Its very good. I'll post more tonight but just want to add that there are unlimited mimosas.

Sent from my mobile device.
What breakfast?
lomillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #1971
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Thanks for posting. I know some people were wondering if they were checking for the Disney Chase Visa specifically. Do you know if they were, or was it and visa or any Chase visa?
I do not know specifically. I do know all she said was 'may I see your Chase Visa'. I barely flashed it and she did not study it. Mine is a Disney Visa.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #1972
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin View Post
What breakfast?

Parisian Breakfast
Let the Chefs de France transport you across the Atlantic for an extraordinary breakfast in Paris!

Begin the morning with a mimosa, brioches, croissants, unlimited coffee and more. Plus, enjoy a tartine prepared atop a hand-shaped baguette, freshly made at Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie next door.

Chefs de France
Saturdays, 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
$37 per Guest

Admission to Epcot is required and not included in event admission price. Gratuity included. Tax not included. Entry restricted to Guests ages 21 and older.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #1973
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner

There is Unibroue. Not at the Canada Food Booth but at a separate beer stand just a little way past the food booth. I took this picture Thursday evening so the lighting isn't great. la Fin du Monde, Ephemere Cherry and Trois Pistoles
Yep. I enjoyed a la fin du monde from there today.

TY Kook!
gwynne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #1974
Stefecatzz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
I read in several different articles that all Chase cardholders are accepted.
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #1975
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Went to the booths yesterday and today. It is busy, but not bad. The lines move pretty fast. Lots of nice, friendly CMs.
Here now -- ditto this!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #1976
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post

Were they doing wristbands for Illuminations? Eat to the Beat? If so, what was the procedure? I read elsewhere they're not doing it like last year...

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #1977
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefecatzz View Post
I read in several different articles that all Chase cardholders are accepted.
Last year it was ALL Chase Visa cardholders so I would expect the same is true this year!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #1978
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That'sNotVeryMagical View Post
Were they doing wristbands for Illuminations? Eat to the Beat? If so, what was the procedure? I read elsewhere they're not doing it like last year...
We went late in the afternoon and didn't inquire about the wristbands.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #1979
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all. Has anyone seen the chicken chunks with pineapple sauce from the refreshment port (or seen pictures of them)? They're about $8, so I was wondering if the portion size was larger than most of the other items. I checked the disney food blog and the pix on wdw info, but neither has the chicken.

Thanks!
It actually has it as chicken and French fries or shrimp and French fries. Didn't order it - but it looked like a small entree size - bigger then a sample for sure.
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #1980
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2.5 weeks to go! i can't wait!

Thanks!
They included French fries too. They looked like a small entree size...probably enough to satisfy light appetite.
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: