Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #1906
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Does check in for the 3D Dessert Party work the same as any ADR in that they check your name and/or confirmation number at the door? I won't be receiving tickets or anything like that, is that correct?

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #1907
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

More info about the Burns Dinner from the Parks Blog.

Disney Parks Blog
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #1908
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Does check in for the 3D Dessert Party work the same as any ADR in that they check your name and/or confirmation number at the door? I won't be receiving tickets or anything like that, is that correct?
Yes, that is correct. With the exception of the Festival Center seminars/demonstrations, which you pick up on the day of the event, I have never received any sort of paper ticket or voucher for these events.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #1909
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
More info about the Burns Dinner from the Parks Blog.

Disney Parks Blog
Looks promising...I'm not much of a scotch drinker but I'm willing to learn...
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #1910
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
On the bright side, I'll be there Friday!
Please post if the Unibroue taps make an appearance at Canada...this is vital F&W information.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #1911
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
Please post if the Unibroue taps make an appearance at Canada...this is vital F&W information.
I loves me some La Fin du Monde

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #1912
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Yes, that is correct. With the exception of the Festival Center seminars/demonstrations, which you pick up on the day of the event, I have never received any sort of paper ticket or voucher for these events.
Thank you!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #1913
Disney*Enthusiast
Earning My Ears

Question Gift Cards? Magic Bands?

We have been issued Magic Bands for our stay. Will we be able to use these to pay for our purchases at the kiosks?

Also, I recall reading something about small Disney Gift Cards that can be worn on your wrist. Does anyone have any details on these? For instance, where we can get them and can they be used for purchases beyond the festival?

Thanks!
Disney*Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #1914
mickeymotto
Where in the "World" am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney*Enthusiast View Post
We have been issued Magic Bands for our stay. Will we be able to use these to pay for our purchases at the kiosks?

Also, I recall reading something about small Disney Gift Cards that can be worn on your wrist. Does anyone have any details on these? For instance, where we can get them and can they be used for purchases beyond the festival?

Thanks!
I am curious about usage of MBs for the F&W too.

I do believe you can pick up the wristlet GCs at the entrances in Epcot, maybe the gift shop near the International gateway.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #1915
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney*Enthusiast View Post
We have been issued Magic Bands for our stay. Will we be able to use these to pay for our purchases at the kiosks? Also, I recall reading something about small Disney Gift Cards that can be worn on your wrist. Does anyone have any details on these? For instance, where we can get them and can they be used for purchases beyond the festival? Thanks!
The small wrist gift cards are available at the gift shops and merchandise stalls. These are standard GC, so they can be used anywhere Disney GC can be used. The festival maps currently available have the locations marked. MBs can be used too, if you set them up with a chargeable CC with PIN number.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #1916
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
I 2nd this request. Although I typically see the Unibroue taps appear and and disappear on a day to day basis depending on how fast they keep kicking the kegs.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #1917
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will post about this, although I may not do it until Saturday or Sunday depending upon how much I consume!

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #1918
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I have a Magic Band myself to use at the end of October. I hope we will be able to use them to purchase at the kiosks. They did have tap to pay at the Flower & Garden Festival food kiosks. You had to use a room key, but it was faster even than using the gift card, and I did both. Your magic band (or room key if you are using that instead) needs to be set up with a PIN number to use tap to pay, they'll do that when you check into your resort.

If you can use the magic band, you won't need the gift card unless you want them. But you can get them at the Festival Center and at the Festival gift shops at World Showcase. Have heard you may also be able to get them at Epcot Guest Services and maybe the Epcot resorts (I read here that somebody got one at Boardwalk.) Except for the way they look, they are the same as regular Disney gift cards and can be used anywhere that a Disney gift card is accepted.

I'll be there all day Monday but I'm sure someone will get to the Unibroue before I do, just leave some for me. I don't recall them ever having Fin du Monde on draft, they only have that in bottles in the restaurant (one year they were selling bottles of it at the Craft Beer both). Last year you could grab Trois Pistoles, Blanche du Chambly and Ephemere outside in Canada at the time I went.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #1919
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Please don't plan to only have the Magic bands to pay. I have a cast member friend and they have so many problems with these things they have taken to calling them Tragic bands (along with colorful terms they can't say on stage).

Have another payment method as a back up
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #1920
Devilsangel7681
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Please don't plan to only have the Magic bands to pay. I have a cast member friend and they have so many problems with these things they have taken to calling them Tragic bands (along with colorful terms they can't say on stage). Have another payment method as a back up
Good tip. I will let my family know. We were all planning on loading them up with money but now probably not.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: