Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #1891
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7901 View Post
Last year's prices are readily available, and while some things have likely increased - you could certainly come up with a reasonable, if not exact-to-the-penny, estimate using those. For items that are brand new, there are certainly comparable items from last year.
I am aware,thank-you..I have looked at them, I was simply stating my opinion...to me there is no reason why they can't put out the prices...
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper PreciousRIP
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #1892
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Every year, we have to wait for the prices. Just like every year we have to wait for the deminars.
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #1893
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Every year, we have to wait for the prices. Just like every year we have to wait for the deminars.
True. It's just that in today's high tech world, everyone is used to knowing it all with the click of a mouse. As my teenage sister once said, "Instant gratification takes too long!"
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #1894
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

And is there some reason Disney should release the prices besides "I want to know NOW" It's not what they do. Go check their website. Do you see the prices for the Quick Service meals? Heck do you see the prices for the Table Service meals? I am not sure why this is such a big deal. You know the general range.... which is all they give you for anything.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #1895
monty22183
Mouseketeer

We have the the 3D Dessert party booked and this is our first time going.....any info on this.....or reviews

Past Visits:
CBR May 2010, All Star Music December 2010, CSR December 2011, CBR December 2012, POP October 2013, CBR September 2014
monty22183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1896
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

I can't believe me saying my opinion on 1 thing has ruffled so many feathers. I've been on here a very long time and have seen many people say their opinion on things...here lately for some odd reason I feel many are getting testy about it?? All I did was respond to what someone else said...with my opinion, it was not my intention to apparently upset people or make it where they felt they had to defend Disney.
I'm quite aware on how Disney operates, as I said I've been on here awhile and have went to Disney many times. All I was saying is there is no reason why they can't?? Never said they had to, as it is Disney's way.
As far as the statement about wanting to know Now?? It's not a Big deal...just would be nice. For those of us who have to save and save to go, yes it is nice to know more about the prices so we know what we're looking at for our trip. I'm sorry if this offends you.

Again not my intention to upset anyone..this is why sometimes I don't like writing things, you can't hear someone's voice or what they really mean, everyone reads it and takes it the way they want.. *sigh...
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Old 09-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #1897
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

On the bright side, I'll be there Friday!

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #1898
April7901
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
I can't believe me saying my opinion on 1 thing has ruffled so many feathers. I've been on here a very long time and have seen many people say their opinion on things...here lately for some odd reason I feel many are getting testy about it?? All I did was respond to what someone else said...with my opinion, it was not my intention to apparently upset people or make it where they felt they had to defend Disney.
I'm quite aware on how Disney operates, as I said I've been on here awhile and have went to Disney many times. All I was saying is there is no reason why they can't?? Never said they had to, as it is Disney's way.
As far as the statement about wanting to know Now?? It's not a Big deal...just would be nice. For those of us who have to save and save to go, yes it is nice to know more about the prices so we know what we're looking at for our trip. I'm sorry if this offends you.

Again not my intention to upset anyone..this is why sometimes I don't like writing things, you can't hear someone's voice or what they really mean, everyone reads it and takes it the way they want.. *sigh...
I certainly wasn't upset or defensive at all. I, too, really like to plan ahead, and needed to save up for my Disney trip. That's why I just used last year's stuff as a guideline, and thought I'd pass that along for others as a possibility as well.
April7901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #1899
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7901 View Post
I certainly wasn't upset or defensive at all. I, too, really like to plan ahead, and needed to save up for my Disney trip. That's why I just used last year's stuff as a guideline, and thought I'd pass that along for others as a possibility as well.
thank-you!

Old 09-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #1900
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Quote:
I can't believe me saying my opinion on 1 thing has ruffled so many feathers. I've been on here a very long time and have seen many people say their opinion on things...here lately for some odd reason I feel many are getting testy about it??
For the record, I like to hear people's opinions whether I agree with them or not. Why else participate in a discussion board?

I also think that it would be helpful if prices were listed in advance, but maybe Disney feels it would scare some people away? If you are making a list of 10 items that you want to try in one day...it can get pretty expensive. Better to not think of how much trying the items is going to cost you!
Letsbgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #1901
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

OK this is an informational thread, let's not get into an argument about who will be posting what. I'm removing threads if I think they are not on topic for the festival. I've learned that people subscribe and read this thread because they're waiting for info to come out (like the prices we're waiting for now) and the argument about opinions as to whether or not Disney should be getting the prices out sooner (we all wish they would, but they don't, it's just not how this is done) is just taking up space.

You are of course free to write to Disney and let them know that they take too long to get the prices out. That may help them realize that most guests want longer to plan, if they get enough complaints.

Quote:
We have the the 3D Dessert party booked and this is our first time going.....any info on this.....or reviews
Here is a review from 2010. Based on the past couple of years I do not think the event has changed much.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/1...wine-festival/
Old 09-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #1902
drjamba
Earning My Ears

It looks like there's great excitement over this year's F&WF and that's great! DW and I are going this weekend, mainly for the F&WF, but also to get away from the kids!

I was wondering if there were any formal opening ceremonies on Friday? This trip will not be our first time at F&WF, but it is our first time at opening weekend.

Thanks!

DrJamba
Please to call me evil genius.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #1903
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

To my knowledge there are no opening ceremonies. They open the booths and off you go.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #1904
drjamba
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
To my knowledge there are no opening ceremonies. They open the booths and off you go.
Um, oh. I guess I wasn't really expecting that answer. So the festivities start when World Showcase opens, then, I guess? So that's a good time to go as the local Orlando WDW fans won't have gotten off work at that time of day?
Old 09-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #1905
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Exactly...once they get off work on Friday they will start showing up in droves.

There is the Festival Center which opens at 9, as compared to the World Showcase which opens at 11 (the food kiosks in WS will not open prior to WS opening), but I don't think they do opening ceremonies there either. I don't know, maybe they do something at the cranberry bog.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: