Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #1831
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Actually, if you are going to be noshing from booth to booth, I'll bet they are quite handy! Otherwise you need one hand for the drink and another for the food tray plus; grabbing cutlery and napkins. With the new Magic Bands and these little cocktail plates, I'll bet it would be a lot more convenient to stroll and sample... Looking forward to someone reporting in on what they thought about them (if they used them, of course!)
Old 09-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #1832
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbug View Post
Actually, if you are going to be noshing from booth to booth, I'll bet they are quite handy! Otherwise you need one hand for the drink and another for the food tray plus; grabbing cutlery and napkins. With the new Magic Bands and these little cocktail plates, I'll bet it would be a lot more convenient to stroll and sample... Looking forward to someone reporting in on what they thought about them (if they used them, of course!)
Yes! The way we sample everything sometimes made it difficult. We've used clipboards in the past to help with keeping track of our passport and holding food. Last year I was in a wheelchair for our trip (long story, but a fun way to see the parks) so I was food and drink transport for us. Always thought about bringing the wine tasting plates from local events, but didn't think those small sample glasses would fit.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #1833
nickhhi
Earning My Ears

Newbie question

Hello , newbie so hope I am posting this correctly

Looking to see if there are any walking tours , like wine tasting or beer between the countries that Disney offers?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #1834
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Is the Chase lounge only for the Disney Visa card holders or any chase card holder?
How do you get in? Just show your chase card?
This is my first F&W!! We did go to the F&G and it was fun with the very few stations set up so super excited to do this one.
Thanks.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #1835
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhhi View Post
Hello , newbie so hope I am posting this correctly

Looking to see if there are any walking tours , like wine tasting or beer between the countries that Disney offers?
Hello! There will be some beer and wine flights available during the festival. No walking tours that I am aware of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
Is the Chase lounge only for the Disney Visa card holders or any chase card holder?
This is my first F&W!! We did go to the F&G and it was fun with the very few stations set up so super excited to do this one.
Thanks.
It is being speculated that it is only for the Disney Visa Chase card holders. They are the ones receiving the email. That's right. Show your Disney Visa card to be admitted. Until someone with another Chase Visa card tries for entry there is no real way of knowing if all Chase Visa cards will be accepted.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #1836
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks.
in prior years you could get in with any Chase Visa (I think any Chase Card, but definitely any Chase Visa) - but this year they seem more specific to marketing to just Chase Disney Visa. And, for example, the early booking for events opportunity this year (not the AP/TIW/DVC one) was just for Disney Chase Visa

So those things combined are leading people to speculate it will just be for Chase Disney Visa cardholders, but we won't know for sure until it opens and someone tries

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #1837
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks.
I used my chase ink business card last year. I've not seen anything that would lead me to believe this has changed. Disney would of course contact their cardholders about this, it's good for motivating customer retention! Chase has never contacted me about disney lounge benefits, but I still got in and asked specifically before taking out my card. The cm's response was "all chase cardholders can use the lounge.". My husband used his chase united airlines card as well.

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #1838
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

I'm a Chase Disney card holder and haven't received any info..?? so who knows, can't wait til the 27th so folks who have been can start pouring in the info!!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #1839
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
I'm a Chase Disney card holder and haven't received any info..?? so who knows, can't wait til the 27th so folks who have been can start pouring in the info!!
It's on the Chase Disney Visa website: http://disneyrewards.com/offers/epcotfoodwineaug13

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #1840
Soccer_Mom
Earning My Ears

I have the chase amazon card and I received an email. I also have the chase disney card. Last month or so, I received a pamphlet in the mail that talked about the lounge and the Halloween party.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #1841
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The F&W Festival is sponsored (presented) by Chase, so I doubt they would turn away their other customers as well. I would bet, like last year, any Chase card would get you in. You just had to have a Chase Disney card to take part in the early F&W event registration and the discounts offered on tours and merchandise, etc.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #1842
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
It's on the Chase Disney Visa website: http://disneyrewards.com/offers/epcotfoodwineaug13
cool thanks
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Old 09-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #1843
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
The F&W Festival is sponsored (presented) by Chase, so I doubt they would turn away their other customers as well. I would bet, like last year, any Chase card would get you in. You just had to have a Chase Disney card to take part in the early F&W event registration and the discounts offered on tours and merchandise, etc.
I've been to Disney so many times since getting my card and have took advantage of anything,lol...just recently learned I can get a free pic at Epcot with it, gonna take advantage of that for sure this time, want DD to have a pic to remember her special day, you only turn 16 once!!!

Old 09-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #1844
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been to Disney so many times since getting my card and have took advantage of anything,lol...just recently learned I can get a free pic at Epcot with it, gonna take advantage of that for sure this time, want DD to have a pic to remember her special day, you only turn 16 once!!!
Haven't heard of the free EPCOT picture, how do you get that one?

Old 09-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #1845
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Haven't heard of the free EPCOT picture, how do you get that one?
It's for Disney Visa Cardholders, this is on their website:
Perk: At Walt Disney World® Resort, stop by our private location—reserved just for Cardmembers—to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters. Get a complimentary 5 x 7 photo, too! When: Offered daily, 1 PM to 7 PM Where to go: Innoventions West at Epcot® What to do: Just present your Disney's Premier Visa® Card or Disney Rewards® Visa® Card to enter the event

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: