Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #1756
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post

This is incorrect. All food and wine purchases are extra on top of Epcot admission.

It is possible that they were talking about the D23 event, but I think that does not include a park ticket.

It is also possible they were talking about the wristband gift card. While a lot of folks love to use it for the festival, it's a gift card, not a park ticket. You load it with money, and spend the money on your purchases, then reload the gift card when it empties.
I wonder if it was in reference to the seminars. They do have tickets and many do include food and wine.

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #1757
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansstitch View Post

I wonder if it was in reference to the seminars. They do have tickets and many do include food and wine.
Actually, I missed the last post. PFTS is a much more likely possibility!

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #1758
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has been addressed earlier - we've attended F&W for several years but just now doing the low cost seminars. Question for the group - we've booked with Dvc discount, do you just show up at the appointed time or pick up tickets (and if so, when and where). Reason for asking is probably best - I've booked 2 sessions for my daughter and friend but don't plan on going myself. Do their names need to be on there for ID verification purposes or is there a work around?
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #1759
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchisholm View Post
I apologize if this has been addressed earlier - we've attended F&W for several years but just now doing the low cost seminars. Question for the group - we've booked with Dvc discount, do you just show up at the appointed time or pick up tickets (and if so, when and where). Reason for asking is probably best - I've booked 2 sessions for my daughter and friend but don't plan on going myself. Do their names need to be on there for ID verification purposes or is there a work around?
You will want to check, but I'm 99% positive all of the low cost seminars are in the Festival Center. When you walk in, down the ramp, there will be an information stand. Just let the person know who you are and for what you have a reservation for, and they will give you your ticket for the seminar and direct you to the correct area. I do believe they check the id of at least one person in the group. I think.

I love the seminars and special events, especially the Saturday cheese seminars. You will have a great time at these!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #1760
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post

You will want to check, but I'm 99% positive all of the low cost seminars are in the Festival Center. When you walk in, down the ramp, there will be an information stand. Just let the person know who you are and for what you have a reservation for, and they will give you your ticket for the seminar and direct you to the correct area. I do believe they check the id of at least one person in the group. I think.

I love the seminars and special events, especially the Saturday cheese seminars. You will have a great time at these!
Thanks! Sounds like if I walk over there with her to pick up the tickets we're fine (they're both over 21). Is more the concern that I wasn't planning on attending the seminar, but reservation is in my name.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #1761
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! Sounds like if I walk over there with her to pick up the tickets we're fine (they're both over 21). Is more the concern that I wasn't planning on attending the seminar, but reservation is in my name.
That sounds like the perfect plan!
Remember to give yourself enough time to get to the Festival Center, stand in a short line to check in (they provide information there too), then walk around the building to your seminar location.
Yes, I have been the goof you have probably seen running toward the Festival Center, dodging scooters and small children.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #1762
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Thank you! We've done F&W for years, just never the seminars. And after running ToT I can assure you I will have to plan on advance to get around as moving quickly will be out of the question.

Last question - can you pick up the tickets ahead of time or close to the day/time only?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #1763
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! We've done F&W for years, just never the seminars. And after running ToT I can assure you I will have to plan on advance to get around as moving quickly will be out of the question.

Last question - can you pick up the tickets ahead of time or close to the day/time only?
Never tried that one. I would be surprised if you could pick them up before the day of, but I would go and ask on your first day in EP. Perhaps they could do it a few hours in advance.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #1764
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Any suggestions on MUST TRY items? It will be my first time at Food and Wine. I'm a CM so I'll have plenty of time to try everything!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #1765
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Any suggestions on MUST TRY items? It will be my first time at Food and Wine. I'm a CM so I'll have plenty of time to try everything!
Um, in that case, EVERYTHING!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #1766
Stefecatzz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Um, in that case, EVERYTHING!
How about those of us who will be there only a couple days & looking to try something new? I went for the 1st time last year & tried escargots from France, fisherman's pie from Ireland & the cheese soup at Canada which I really enjoyed! I tried the beef rendang from Singapore & thought it tasted like nothing but crushed red pepper..I like spicy but it was too much for me. I did however enjoy the Singapore Sling!
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #1767
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefecatzz View Post
How about those of us who will be there only a couple days & looking to try something new? I went for the 1st time last year & tried escargots from France, fisherman's pie from Ireland & the cheese soup at Canada which I really enjoyed! I tried the beef rendang from Singapore & thought it tasted like nothing but crushed red pepper..I like spicy but it was too much for me. I did however enjoy the Singapore Sling!
Brazil always receives high marks from us, and they are back this year! Same for Caribbean, which is not back this year. (So helpful, I know) Hmm. The potstickers in China are always good. The cheese both is a must visit IMHO. Germany is usually really good, for food and beer. Hard to go wrong with Italy or the Polish kielbasa too. And Hawaii. Drinks are different as each has their very own distinct tastes. The Godiva chocolate liqueur iced coffee is amazing. French wines, German beers, champagnes, and Hawaiian drinks are really good!

Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #1768
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefecatzz View Post
Ohh! Forgot to add South Africa (just Africa now, I think) and Morocco! Yum!

Old 09-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #1769
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can pick up the tickets no earlier than the day of the seminar. I don't know how early in the day they have someone at the counter handing out tickets because we've never been there earlier than 12:30 or so. If you are going to multiple seminars on the same day you can get all of your tickets for that day at one time, but only the tickets for that day.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #1770
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
You can pick up the tickets no earlier than the day of the seminar. I don't know how early in the day they have someone at the counter handing out tickets because we've never been there earlier than 12:30 or so. If you are going to multiple seminars on the same day you can get all of your tickets for that day at one time, but only the tickets for that day.
If we already see the seminar/event showing up in our MDE app do we need to check in a get paper tickets as well or just show them our reservation in the app at the start of the seminar?

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: