Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #1726
FRANKTSJR
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd8700 View Post
In the DFB mini guide there is a map of all the locations of the booths. If anyone has seen this, do you know where the International Gateway comes in? Last year I was able to figure it out (or someone posted it....I don't remember which). Last year it help me decide where to start and end.

Thanks.
At the bridge between England and France.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #1727
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Traditionally, on Preview Day, the day before the festival opens, the Festival Center is not open, correct?
It will be open, but only to cast members, not to the public. You can get the passport at the booths or the gift stands in WS though.

Unfortunately I am not staying at the right resort to get a magic band...those will make the wristband gift cards obsolete.

A lot of the booths are now up. I saw several on Monday and more went up yesterday. Of course there is no official signage, no menus and no prices yet.

Be very careful with those sites that predict crowd levels. Many of them are based on average wait times for attractions. The crowds you will find on F&W weekends in the World Showcase are not there to wait in line for attractions. You may go in for the Festival thinking you will see low crowds and it will actually be slammed, especially if you are there on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon/evening.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 09-05-2013 at 10:09 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #1728
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
For you who have been to the F&W before, are there any affordably priced wines at the Festival Wine Shop? Or should I shop for my own wine outside of EPCOT for consumption in the room?
Some of them are not badly priced for being sold on Disney property. Of course if you have the time or opportunity to purchase wine off-property, or to bring it with you from home, that will be ideal for pricing.

Remember that if you buy a bottle of wine at Epcot, you cannot have it sent back to your resort. They will not allow alcohol purchases to leave the park unless you are carrying them.

You may be able to send a bottle to whichever entrance you are using and you pick it up before you leave.

Once you have exited Epcot, you won't be allowed to enter another park carrying a bottle of wine.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #1729
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

How will magic bands make wrist band gift cards obsolete? I won't do a room charge so it would seem I will still need a gift card or cash
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #1730
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Well, if you're determined not to use a magic band or you don't do room charge then they won't be obsolete for you, but once I get a band there will be no more gift card. Considering how much faster it was to tap and pay with a room key during Flower and Garden (yes, faster than using the gift card - I did both). However, you can't wear the room key on your wrist.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #1731
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Well, if you're determined not to use a magic band or you don't do room charge then they won't be obsolete for you, but once I get a band there will be no more gift card. Considering how much faster it was to tap and pay with a room key during Flower and Garden (yes, faster than using the gift card - I did both). However, you can't wear the room key on your wrist.
Oh I thought they might link the gift card to your magic band. I won't do room charging. While it might speed it up during pay it's going to slow way down during reconciliation of the charges to the bill (and I don't trust Disney's IT at all! )
Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #1732
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

This year my DH and I along with another couple are going to do F&W for the first time. We are so excited. I am anxiously waiting for the festival to open so we can see some pictures and reviews.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #1733
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post

Oh I thought they might link the gift card to your magic band. I won't do room charging. While it might speed it up during pay it's going to slow way down during reconciliation of the charges to the bill (and I don't trust Disney's IT at all! )

I believe you can pay your room charges off with a giftcard. Just go to the desk a s pay that way instead of the card on file!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away
DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #1734
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

I don't think that works unless you actually have a card on file. If you don't wish to put a credit card on file at all, I think you can't charge back to the room.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #1735
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I don't think that works unless you actually have a card on file. If you don't wish to put a credit card on file at all, I think you can't charge back to the room.
Oops! That's what I meant, thanks for the correction. While off topic - do you know if putting a debit card down instead of a credit card puts a hold on the account? I remember hotels used to do this (larger hold for debit)
Thanks!
Now how many days til F&W?? 43 days for me!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away
DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #1736
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post

I believe you can pay your room charges off with a giftcard. Just go to the desk a s pay that way instead of the card on file!
The problem is not really room charging. I don't mind doing that normally but since I am convicted Disney's IT is incompetent I reconcile my charges to the receipts. I don't want to have to do that for all the little food purchases
Old 09-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #1737
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
The problem is not really room charging. I don't mind doing that normally but since I am convicted Disney's IT is incompetent I reconcile my charges to the receipts. I don't want to have to do that for all the little food purchases
I rarely find any problems with the room folio. The only time I found something odd, it was a parking fee. I didn't have a car, so I told the cast member that someone at valet at another resort charged my room in error. It was quickly fixed.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #1738
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

I'm paying using Lithuanian currency.

Sent from my mobile device.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #1739
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've never had an issue either, after 13 years of charging all our souvenir shopping to the room. I like charging to the room because it groups all my Disney purchases in one place. In the past we have always used the gift card for F&W tastings because I can put our allotted food budget on the cards. If we get MB, I will do the room charge thing. In this day and age (unfortunately or not) I can get up to the minute CC statements!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #1740
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTSJR View Post
At the bridge between England and France.
Thanks, although I do know where the IG is, the DFB map only states the booths names, none of the actual countries are shown so it was difficult to tell where England and France fit in exactly. There is big space left open on the map, so I am going to guess it is in that area. I should have looked closer before.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: