Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #1666
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
When people say "really crowded", what kind of waits are we talking about at the booths? We're planning to head over there on a Saturday night in late October, since MNSSHP is on at MK and its not one of our party nights, but if its going to be so busy we can't even buy anything I might rethink it.
A Saturday night in the World Showcase during F&W will be wall-to-wall people. Hard to move, no seats to be had and the lines at the booth will snake forever. If it's the only day you could possibly visit F&W, then prepare yourself for it. But if you can go another day, I would.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #1667
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Thoughts on Halloween night? Planning adults only, just Mommas!
Mommiesblessings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #1668
icicleVT
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the responses-- they really help with our planning!
We know it's not ideal to go on a Saturday and we may just go first thing in the morning until we can't stand it then call it a day. Plan B would be to leave Epcot early then go to the Poly later to see the MK fireworks from the beach instead of IllumiNations.

Does rain effect the crowds much during F&W? I'd imagine that I were a local, I'd probably stay home and catch another day than stand around getting wet...
icicleVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #1669
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicleVT View Post
Hi All,
We are hoping to visit Epcot this October but a Saturday (19th) is our only option. The idea of F&W is appealing to us adults and my 7 year old would be tolerant but more interested in the World Showcase.

My question is this -- if we decide to go back to our resort during the afternoon to escape the crowds, is it possible we would not be able to re-enter for Illuminations later that Saturday night? Does Epcot ever reach capacity on F&W weekends?

TIA!
FYI: Touringplans.com predicts a Crowd Level: 6.3 out of 10 at Epcot on 10/19.

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #1670
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
A Saturday night in the World Showcase during F&W will be wall-to-wall people. Hard to move, no seats to be had and the lines at the booth will snake forever. If it's the only day you could possibly visit F&W, then prepare yourself for it. But if you can go another day, I would.
Yup .. I met up with a group of other DISers last year for F&W on a Saturday. I really didn't want to go near the park after hearing the Saturday crowd stories, but decided the brave it anyway. Things were doable from ~ 11AM to maybe 1 or 2 PM. By 2 PM the crowds were picking up. We finally left by 6PM as I had never seen crowds like that. Everyone was well behaved but the lines were huge, and it was tough just to move along the World Showcase. No way I'm attempting F&W on Saturday again, unless I'm out by 1PM or so ...

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #1671
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
When people say "really crowded", what kind of waits are we talking about at the booths? We're planning to head over there on a Saturday night in late October, since MNSSHP is on at MK and its not one of our party nights, but if its going to be so busy we can't even buy anything I might rethink it.
I've heard longest booth waits were 20-30 mins on some You Tube videos I've been watching. More popular booths were longer than others.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #1672
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi

I've heard longest booth waits were 20-30 mins on some You Tube videos I've been watching. More popular booths were longer than others.
I have to take a pee break sooner than that

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #1673
dahirsh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
I have to take a pee break sooner than that
the lines for that can be insanely long as well

April 1978 Offsite April 1979 Offsite Dec 1999/Jan 2000 All Star Movies May 2002 All Star Sports Oct 2003 All Star Movies June 2006 All Star Sports
October 2007 Pop Century January 2009 Pop Century October 2011 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century October 2013 Pop Century
dahirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #1674
Devilsangel7681
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post

Yup .. I met up with a group of other DISers last year for F&W on a Saturday. I really didn't want to go near the park after hearing the Saturday crowd stories, but decided the brave it anyway. Things were doable from ~ 11AM to maybe 1 or 2 PM. By 2 PM the crowds were picking up. We finally left by 6PM as I had never seen crowds like that. Everyone was well behaved but the lines were huge, and it was tough just to move along the World Showcase. No way I'm attempting F&W on Saturday again, unless I'm out by 1PM or so ...
We are going Monday the 7th. Crowd prediction is a 5/10. I certainly hope we aren't waiting too long in the food lines, that would be no bueno!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #1675
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

We have always found Mondays are great days to go. Tuesdays too. Saturdays are typically insane. Midday is always better than evening. We plan our trips for last week of October or first week of November because the crowds are generally the lightest. We have had days where there was no one in line for the booths; just walk right up and order. Love those days. But sometimes a line is nice, it gives a little break to discuss the last tasting before moving on to the next.

BwoZoo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #1676
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiesblessings2 View Post
Thoughts on Halloween night? Planning adults only, just Mommas!
We have always found Halloween a great night to go. Most locals are at their own parties and MK guests are getting ready for the MNNSHP. We love going to F&W on that night.

As for pee break lines, I would never use the ones at the front of World Showcase (Mexico or the Refreshment Port). America is sometimes ok, but we usually have the best luck with Morocco, Germany, or Norway.

BwoZoo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #1677
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately my only option is a Weekend. Just going to have to roll with the crowds.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #1678
WaltsMartini
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone - only 48 days until we're at Food and Wine!

Two Questions -

1) How long do the culinary demos and wine seminars typically take? I had estimated an hour but wanted to be sure.

2) How are the crowds later on Sunday evening? We are arriving on Sunday and thought dinner at F&W from 6 - 9 would be great, but we might re-think this if the crowds are crazy.

I love reading the posts on this thread each day from all of you - keeps me excited, and I wonder what the heck I'll do after I get back from our trip!
“Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have ...I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.” Walt Disney

Say hi to me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!
WaltsMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #1679
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post

We have always found Halloween a great night to go. Most locals are at their own parties and MK guests are getting ready for the MNNSHP. We love going to F&W on that night.

As for pee break lines, I would never use the ones at the front of World Showcase (Mexico or the Refreshment Port). America is sometimes ok, but we usually have the best luck with Morocco, Germany, or Norway.
LOL! Thanks for the potty tips. Glad to hear crowds are fairly low. Being our first time we really don't know what to expect.
Mommiesblessings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #1680
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahirsh View Post
the lines for that can be insanely long as well

When I have to wait in line to pee, I'm out of there!
skater is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: