Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #1636
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
OK Food and Wine geeks... I found the perfect park friendly wine glass (well actually someone else found it and posted it on Facebook in the DVC feed LOL!)

It's an insulated tumbler with a wineglass inside.... Can't post a photo so, click here

http://www.amazon.com/Vino2Go-Merlot.../dp/B009T8KCV6

(I am seriously considering this, I am a KLUTZ and have spilled red wine on more then one pair of shorts!)
cool! It's like a sippy cup for adults

Has anyone brought something similar to the parks? Would the booths be willing to just fill that up or would you just get your sample in the normal (plastic) glass and then pour it into something like that?

now just need a cord so you could wear it around your neck and free up a hand, like this sort of thing:

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #1637
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Don't think you should count on the booths filling that up. I doubt they will be able to fill personal cups for sanitary reasons. Even then, they are limited as to the size of the wine sample they serve, so they won't fill it anyway, you'd still get the same small taste of wine. You can take your taste from the booth and pour it into the cup. Buy enough tastes of the same wine and you would have a cupful - but it would probably cost more than it should.
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #1638
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Don't think you should count on the booths filling that up. I doubt they will be able to fill personal cups for sanitary reasons. Even then, they are limited as to the size of the wine sample they serve, so they won't fill it anyway, you'd still get the same small taste of wine. You can take your taste from the booth and pour it into the cup. Buy enough tastes of the same wine and you would have a cupful - but it would probably cost more than it should.
Yeah, I figure I have to fill it from the sample cup and then rinse it between uses but I may still try it

I have seen folks wearing the wine glasses around their necks but I figure I will just wind up with red wine all over the "girls" LOL! But that's what they do, they just pour the "tasting sample" into the glass and throw that little cup away.

Would be good if Disney had some type of reusable cup (like the mugs at the resorts) Think about all the waste of those little wine glasses!

By the way I think they also have a beer sippy cup LOL!
http://www.amazon.com/Brew2Go-Pack-S...ywords=beer2go

Last edited by OrangeCountyCommuter; 08-28-2013 at 02:27 PM.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #1639
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I figure I have to fill it from the sample cup and then rinse it between uses but I may still try it

I have seen folks wearing the wine glasses around their necks but I figure I will just wind up with red wine all over the "girls" LOL! But that's what they do, they just pour the "tasting sample" into the glass and throw that little cup away.

Would be good if Disney had some type of reusable cup (like the mugs at the resorts) Think about all the waste of those little wine glasses!
that would be an interesting thing to have - they could promote being "green" and, of course, sell them to make even more money off of us

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #1640
KPSmithSr
Mouseketeer

Italian Regional Lunch

I did a quick search but could not find anything so......Does anyone know if the "Regional" theme changes for the Italian Regional Lunches like they do for the French Regional Lunches.
KPSmithSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #1641
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiesblessings2 View Post
Sure this has been asked, but not by me

It will be our first trip to the world and F&W. we will be going during the day with the entire fam (10) total and at night Mommies only (4)

Any recommendations for both visits?

Thank you!
This, of course, will depend on your tastes.
We love the Cheddar Cheese Soup and salmon in Canada; I think they are skipping salmon this year though. Argentina has an excellent beef skewer. The chilled coffee with Godiva chocolate in Belgium is dangerous (). The Kefta Pocket in Morocco is great, and different than your usual fare. Same goes for the Chili Colorado at Terra, hard to tell it was vegetarian. Don' miss the Cheese or Dessert and Champagne booths, they are both worth some time. France has a great selection of wines and drinks, and the best beer selection is Germany. I would stay away from the Greek wines.
Inside the Japan gift store, way back in the distant corner, is a sake tasting bar. That is always a fun place to spend some time.
Hopefully the 'Mommies' will have more than one night out and about!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #1642
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
OK Food and Wine geeks... I found the perfect park friendly wine glass (well actually someone else found it and posted it on Facebook in the DVC feed LOL!)

It's an insulated tumbler with a wineglass inside.... Can't post a photo so, click here

(I am seriously considering this, I am a KLUTZ and have spilled red wine on more then one pair of shorts!)
I keep seeing those pop up on Groupon & Living Social. Anyone tested their durability? I think this would be great for F&W!

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancé 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #1643
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsangel7681 View Post
Question:

Can you buy the Food and Wine Festival preloaded money cards in DTD or do you have to buy those in Epcot?
I've only ever seen the F&W Giftcards (on the bands) in EPCOT
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away
DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #1644
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:

A lesson taught by those who like the slushies in france. Bring your refillable mug. They won't let you leave Epcot with alcohol, but they don't bat an eye at the Disney mugs.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #1645
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl

A lesson taught by those who like the slushies in france. Bring your refillable mug. They won't let you leave Epcot with alcohol, but they don't bat an eye at the Disney mugs.
This! I got stopped leaving Epcot with a drink I'd only just bought. A quick walk around Spaceship Earth so I could pour it into my water bottle, and we were good to head to Wishes!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #1646
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

smh lol, you guys sure are sneaky!!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper PreciousRIP
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #1647
zounderz
A Tad Bit Goofy

Has anyone heard if you'll be able to use your Magicbands at the food booths?
zounderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #1648
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora

This! I got stopped leaving Epcot with a drink I'd only just bought. A quick walk around Spaceship Earth so I could pour it into my water bottle, and we were good to head to Wishes!
In my own defense, I drank it while waiting on the monorail lol , no sneaky MK drinking!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #1649
fauntleroy53
If It Weren't For My Mood Swings I Wouldn't Get Any Exercise At All

In Key West,there is a Food & Wine Festival, where those who buy the full tasting ticket get a lanyard with a small wine glass attached.
So they DO exist.
I've never seen anyone walking around with a full glass,but they do stand with a full glass around their necks while eating when a tasting for food is in the same restaurant as a wine tasting. Don't see too many "wine all over" accidents,for what it's worth.....they seem to work fine for the situation....
fauntleroy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #1650
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

I found a place that sells wineglass holders 3 for under $15.00 Purchased 3 sets LOL I have Tervis Wine glasses and we are going to try this out. I have a monograming machine so I see some cute gifts for my wine friends

Judy
Judyfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: