Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #1621
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Hey all,
I just decided to head down to for the last weekend since Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is playing on my birthday and I know some folks running the 1/2 marathon. I've been to the F&W at EPCOT before, but not for the music.

Any things I should know about going to see a band you really care about at this event? Anyone see them play at F&W Festival before? Do people dance? Advice about what time to go get seats if you really want to be up front? How long to bands typically play?
Last year if you had a Chase card you could pick up a ticket (of sorts) and not have to stand in line. I had so much fun at Big Bad Voodoo Daddy that while I already had plans for a October trip, well I am going again in November.

Judy
May 2012 Grand Californian Dislandy
November 2012 Boardwalk CL
December 2012 Contempory
March 2013 Animal Kindgom
May 2013 Beach Club CL
October 2013 Boardwalk CL
2012 Animal Kindgom
and so many more

too many times to count
Judyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #1622
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyfun View Post

Last year if you had a Chase card you could pick up a ticket (of sorts) and not have to stand in line. I had so much fun at Big Bad Voodoo Daddy that while I already had plans for a October trip, well I am going again in November.

Judy
May 2012 Grand Californian Dislandy
November 2012 Boardwalk CL
December 2012 Contempory
March 2013 Animal Kindgom
May 2013 Beach Club CL
October 2013 Boardwalk CL
2012 Animal Kindgom
and so many more

too many times to count
How do you do this Judy? Where do you get it?
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #1623
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Sure this has been asked, but not by me

It will be our first trip to the world and F&W. we will be going during the day with the entire fam (10) total and at night Mommies only (4)

Any recommendations for both visits?

Thank you!
Mommiesblessings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #1624
RunnerMomO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post

How do you do this Judy? Where do you get it?
They had it in the Chase lounge. But since they haven't been advertising it this year, I am guessing it is not available this year.
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #1625
MomofTwinPrincesses
Mouseketeer

Is there a place to buy the wine and beer to take home after you sample it? We've never gone to the festival before.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #1626
SarahInMN
Really my username should be SarahInOR now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofTwinPrincesses View Post
Is there a place to buy the wine and beer to take home after you sample it? We've never gone to the festival before.
Yes - the festival center has a wine shop area where you can buy wine. I've never looked for beer though. If you are going to buy a few bottles, I would buy some wine diapers or if you are going to buy alot of bottles, then pre-purchase some sort of wine shipper (such as this one) for the flight home.

SarahInMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #1627
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahInMN View Post
Yes - the festival center has a wine shop area where you can buy wine. I've never looked for beer though. If you are going to buy a few bottles, I would buy some wine diapers or if you are going to buy alot of bottles, then pre-purchase some sort of wine shipper (such as this one) for the flight home.
Also a word of caution - I have bought several bottles from the festival wine shop before just to enjoy at the hotel while at the parks. I've gotten a few that were clearly cooked from the heat. Florida sun and wine don't mix - so if you buy a bottle there and aren't leaving the park immediately, be conscious about keeping it in a cooler bag and out of sunlight while you walk the parks.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #1628
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Well, we rethought our plans for our October trip and decided it was taking on a decidedly Italian flair (as we're going Sunday to Wednesday, and it seems the Italian stuff is all early in the week). We decided to give in and now we're planning dinner at Il Mulino on Sunday night, Italian Regional Wine Pairing Lunch on Monday, and the Italian Food and Beer Pairing lunch on Tuesday.

Kind of wish we were arriving early enough for one of the breakfasts in France, but certainly can't complain about hanging out in the Italy pavilion for three days !
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #1629
April7901
Mouseketeer

Dumb question.

For the Chase lounge stuff - does a *business* Chase card count? I have one that I was issued through my employer that's clearly a Chase Ink card - but not a personal card. Am just wondering if that'll help at all.
April7901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #1630
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Is there some place to go to get information on sold out events? Especially the ones that cannot be booked online, like Sweet Sundays?

I know that Disney has updated some of the Signature Dinners, but, as you can tell, I'm specifically looking for info on Sweet Sundays.

Thanks!

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:46 AM   #1631
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7901 View Post
Dumb question.

For the Chase lounge stuff - does a *business* Chase card count? I have one that I was issued through my employer that's clearly a Chase Ink card - but not a personal card. Am just wondering if that'll help at all.
I used my business card, they don't care if its personal or business.

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #1632
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7901 View Post
Dumb question.

Last year any card worked. We won't know until it opens if it works that way this year. The promo says it is a Disney Visa in one of the last paragraphs
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #1633
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerMomO View Post
They had it in the Chase lounge. But since they haven't been advertising it this year, I am guessing it is not available this year.
They didn't advertise it last year. Nobody knew about this until they started visiting the lounge. But that does mean that we do not know whether it will be done this year as well, or whether it won't. We will find out on September 27.

We also don't know if it will be restricted to Disney Visa. The e-mail some persons received said "show your Disney Visa" but as the e-mail was sent to Disney Visa card customers, we really don't know whether it will apply to other Chase cards.

And there were no tickets - you got a wristband. They had different colored wristbands based on which show you wanted. They had a certain amount, and when they ran out, there weren't any more. Should also be noted that the Chase seats weren't bad, but they were by no means front and center. I don't think they were even beneath the overhang.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #1634
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

OK Food and Wine geeks... I found the perfect park friendly wine glass (well actually someone else found it and posted it on Facebook in the DVC feed LOL!)

It's an insulated tumbler with a wineglass inside.... Can't post a photo so, click here

http://www.amazon.com/Vino2Go-Merlot.../dp/B009T8KCV6

(I am seriously considering this, I am a KLUTZ and have spilled red wine on more then one pair of shorts!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #1635
Devilsangel7681
Mouseketeer

Question:

Can you buy the Food and Wine Festival preloaded money cards in DTD or do you have to buy those in Epcot?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: