Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #1576
WaltsMartini
Mouseketeer

More Parisian Breakfast Seating

Hi All - not sure if anyone has posted this yet or not, but the Parisian Breakfast has apparently added 100 seats to *each* event - meaning if you didn't get it before, there's a good chance you'll get it now.

Just heard this on my morning walk - AJ from the food blog is on the latest episode of the WDW Today podcast. WDW should pay her for the fantastic coverage she provides of F&W!
“Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have ...I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.” Walt Disney

Say hi to me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!
WaltsMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #1577
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGirl88 View Post
We have never done F&W before, but just (finally!) confirmed our trip for the last week of October. We have a lot planned already, but I'm really wanting to add a demonstration or something related to the F&W festival! So here's a question for all the F&W veterans out there: if you had to choose one seminar/special event to attend, what would it be? Any thoughts appreciated Thanks!
I think a lot of that depends on how you want to eat (seminar, cocktail party, sit-down meal, etc.) and how much you want to spend.

In the past one of the best "bang-for-you-buck" events we did was the Food and Beverage Pairings lunches - Tuesdays at Restaurant Marrakesh and Thursdays at Tokyo Dining. We did the Marrakesh one in the past and really enjoyed it. You got plenty of food for a full meal along with wine pairings with each course and some good information and cost $55/person, plus tax. Gratuity included - so pretty reasonable.

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #1578
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

I'll second Max's recommendations - the lunches (excluding the French which is higher priced) are a decent value (if any are still available), I'd also say the 3D Dessert party is another value but you'll need a real sweet tooth for this event.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #1579
SamSam

DIS Veteran

It depends on your budget, also on what is still available. We love the French Regional Luncheons, yes they are more expensive that the other lunch pairings but IMHO, they are worth every penny and then some. However, they may be very hard to get into at this late date.

We've been to every lunch wine pairing and enjoyed them all. The Party for the Senses is also one of our favorites, and it seldom sells out for general seating, so it's good for a last minute decision.

Whatever you do, have fun and enjoy!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #1580
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

I have no desire to make ressies for anything, but would like to know exactly what is included with our regular ticket.. I know of course we can visit all the countries and buy food/wine and such..I've read about the concerts..what else is included?? Thx!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper PreciousRIP
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #1581
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you're looking for strictly free stuff (outside your Epcot admission) here it is:

The Eat to the Beat Concerts

Sometimes there are small "demonstrations" at various places around the showcase. some of these may show you how to use spices, etc. They are usually done by representatives of companies trying to sell their products. No actual food will be served.

There will be free seminars Friday-Sunday 12:15, 2, 4, and 6PM at the Festival center. These are usually done by representatives of companies or marketing boards pushing an ingredient product like coffee, vanilla, honey, etc. You might get small tastes of these products but no actual food items. The seminars are called "Authentic Tastes."

Book and bottle signings at the Festival center are included with Epcot admission. However, if you want to buy a book or bottle to have signed - that's extra.

Ghirardelli sponsors a chocolate exhibit at the Festival Center. Yes, they give a few free samples, but they've also had some items for sale.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #1582
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If you're looking for strictly free stuff (outside your Epcot admission) here it is:

Sometimes there are small "demonstrations" at various places around the showcase. some of these may show you how to use spices, etc. They are usually done by representatives of companies trying to sell their products. No actual food will be served.

There will be free seminars Friday-Sunday 12:15, 2, 4, and 6PM at the Festival center. These are usually done by representatives of companies or marketing boards pushing an ingredient product like coffee, vanilla, honey, etc. You might get small tastes of these products but no actual food items. The seminars are called "Authentic Tastes."

Book and bottle signings at the Festival center are included with Epcot admission. However, if you want to buy a book or bottle to have signed - that's extra.

Ghirardelli sponsors a chocolate exhibit at the Festival Center. Yes, they give a few free samples, but they've also had some items for sale.
ahh chocolate, free samples, sounds good to me! Thx for the info!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper PreciousRIP
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #1583
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thank you! This is a kid focused trip, with our last day at F&W. We don't want to do any shows or seminars, but small sampling---especially free ones--fits the bill! We will be at Epcot 10/6.
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #1584
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

None of these items are geared for kids. You may want to skip the Authentic Tastes seminars as they are between a half hour to an hour, and would probably be boring for young kids. Older kids who are interested in the culinary arts might enjoy them.

As for the samples they usually have someone handing out Ghirardelli squares. There's not a wide range of free samples.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #1585
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
Thank you! This is a kid focused trip, with our last day at F&W. We don't want to do any shows or seminars, but small sampling---especially free ones--fits the bill! We will be at Epcot 10/6.
Last year, Ocean Spray had a Cranberry Bog located between Future World and World Showcase. They were handing out samples of Cranberry raisins. I believe it will be back this year.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #1586
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Is this the first year for the Italian Regional Lunch ? I booked it at Tutto Gusto for 10/14. We did the French Regional Lunch last time around and, with the exception of the escargot ravioli (which I just couldn't choke down), it was fantastic.

If it's been done before, I'd appreciate any info on it.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #1587
B'rer Karen
DIS Veteran
A trip to the world isn't complete without a Dole Whip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
Is this the first year for the Italian Regional Lunch ? I booked it at Tutto Gusto for 10/14. We did the French Regional Lunch last time around and, with the exception of the escargot ravioli (which I just couldn't choke down), it was fantastic.

If it's been done before, I'd appreciate any info on it.
They had it last year. My husband and I loved it and I'm attending again this year with my mom. It was in Tutto Gusto last year, as well, and was 5 small courses. We sat at long tables with other guests. The first course was Scallops, Braised Fennel, Black Truffle, Tuscan Olive Oil paired with the Bosco del Merlo Prosecco.

The next course was Gnocchi all Sorrentina, which was Potato Dumplings, Bufala Cheese, and Pomodoro Sauce. This was paired with Paladin Pinot Grigio, 2011.

The third course was Duck Breast with Apple and Pomegranate Sauce. I had never had duck and I wasn’t sure I would like duck, but I did, and the sauce was great. This was paired with the Paladin Salbanello, 2011.

Next was the cheese course, Taleggio, paired with Bosco del Merlo Merlot, 2009.

The final course was Mocha Tiramisu, which had espresso in it. It was paired with the osco del Merlo Soandre Verduzzo, 2009. This dessert wine was really sweet but it paired wonderfully with the espresso flavor of the tiramisu.

I thought it was a very good value and am really looking forward to it this year.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar. '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb. '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb. '11, BCV Oct.' 11, VWL Feb. '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb. '13, BCV Oct' 13, AKV Feb. '14
DL: May '00, Mar. '06
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #1588
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
None of these items are geared for kids. You may want to skip the Authentic Tastes seminars as they are between a half hour to an hour, and would probably be boring for young kids. Older kids who are interested in the culinary arts might enjoy them.

As for the samples they usually have someone handing out Ghirardelli squares. There's not a wide range of free samples.
Good to know. I'm sure we'll find plenty to do for 1 day at Epcot with or without hitting up these seminars. I love the tips--thx!!
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #1589
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patster734 View Post
Last year, Ocean Spray had a Cranberry Bog located between Future World and World Showcase. They were handing out samples of Cranberry raisins. I believe it will be back this year.
I going to admit something awful.....this exhibition was sometimes the only fruit/veggie I got. I really try to eat balanced but F&W did me in a few days.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #1590
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl

I going to admit something awful.....this exhibition was sometimes the only fruit/veggie I got. I really try to eat balanced but F&W did me in a few days.
I've already accepted that this years F&W will mostly be unhealthy food samples and cocktails
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: