Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #1561
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGeek1971 View Post

Something else you might want to try is to head over to France for "breakfast." The bakery there is now open before World Showcase. If you just happened to already be there at 11:00am finishing up a cup of coffee when World Showcase opened, you'd have a bit of a jump start on crowds.

Also, you could start one morning clockwise, on the Canada, England, France side, and then on the other morning counter clockwise, towards Mexico, Norway, China. There are usually quite a few booths on the World Showcase Promenade between Canada and Mexico, as well, so try not to miss them.
I like that breakfast idea!

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #1562
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
And we will be reserved seating along with you on 10/26!

7:15PM - Party of the Senses Reserved Seating
cdtommie
ashleyrm + 1
Inkmahm + 1 (Dynaguy)

First time for us with the reserved seating. Really looking forward to it!
We did reserved seating last year for the first time and the Wine View Lounge the two years before that ( or three, however long it has been available.) We only did the mad dash one year to get a table. I don't know that I'd have done the mad dash a second year if reserved seating hadn't come become available. It was too stressful! With reserved seating, there is no rush to be first in line. Your seat is waiting for you.

Inkmahm is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 02:05 AM   #1563
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
Awesome! We did reserved last year and it was great except for an early snafu... someone with an ECV claimed our table...I think they liked that it was on the perimeter and not one of the internal tables. They were already out on the floor when we got there so just the ECV parked there...the CM said they would move them or they could get find us another table (we opted for the latter)...by the time they got the manager with all the confusion and set up a new table it was about 7:45PM already so we lost any early advantage.

Our esteemed moderator and one of our Disney hero's, TDC Nala will also be there in the reserved section too.
Ah, that explains a lot. By the time we went the same weekend in October last year as this year, we were given a table on the outside close to the entrance to the wine view room. From the numbering of the tables, it was obvious that we should have been in the area right in front of the stage. Since I arrived on an ECV, however, we were moved towards the back. I felt like I was in the way all night with my ECV in the "aisle" open space. This year, I will likely be on the ECV but will park it out of the way along the outer wall of the room. It may, in fact, become an extra seat for people to use who don't have a reserved one! LOL I"m okay with that as long as they don't break it. If you're going to be there without a reserved seat and you want to know the name that will be on my ECV, send me a PM. I'll give you permission to sit on it during the night to rest your feet.

Inkmahm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #1564
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Remy could happen, they'd have to pay overtime to the cast member who handles him probably, but it could happen.
They have dozens of Remys. My daughter was best friends with Chip and Dale, Winnie The Pooh, Figment and others. If they plan on Temy being there, WDW won't be paying anyone OT!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:04 AM   #1565
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post

We did reserved seating last year for the first time and the Wine View Lounge the two years before that ( or three, however long it has been available.) We only did the mad dash one year to get a table. I don't know that I'd have done the mad dash a second year if reserved seating hadn't come become available. It was too stressful! With reserved seating, there is no rush to be first in line. Your seat is waiting for you.
It's also our first time doing reserved seating and we'll be there on the 10/26! Hoping its as good as its been in the past!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #1566
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post
They have dozens of Remys. My daughter was best friends with Chip and Dale, Winnie The Pooh, Figment and others. If they plan on Temy being there, WDW won't be paying anyone OT!
Not talking about the costumed Remy but about the animatronic rat-sized Remy that regularly appears at Chefs de France. There is only one of those, and his handlers are Actors Equity members and are under different union rules from costumed characters.

I would think Chefs de France is actually too small a restaurant for the costumed characters to get around in, but I don't know how the breakfast will be set up, it likely won't be the whole restaurant.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #1567
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Ah, that explains a lot. By the time we went the same weekend in October last year as this year, we were given a table on the outside close to the entrance to the wine view room. From the numbering of the tables, it was obvious that we should have been in the area right in front of the stage. Since I arrived on an ECV, however, we were moved towards the back. I felt like I was in the way all night with my ECV in the "aisle" open space. This year, I will likely be on the ECV but will park it out of the way along the outer wall of the room. It may, in fact, become an extra seat for people to use who don't have a reserved one! LOL I"m okay with that as long as they don't break it. If you're going to be there without a reserved seat and you want to know the name that will be on my ECV, send me a PM. I'll give you permission to sit on it during the night to rest your feet.
That had to be us! It was the same weekend as this year...rather than giving us the table in the front for some reason they decided to set up a new table on the far side of the room - they actually brought in a table. tablecloth etc. from another room...what a mess...we were not happy!
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #1568
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

I'm making a promise to myself - I have to stay off MDE and off the phone - I've booked too many events already!

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #1569
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
I'm making a promise to myself - I have to stay off MDE and off the phone - I've booked too many events already!
Haha I hear ya! We've got 3 demos our first day and I almost added a fourth! Must resist!

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #1570
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There's such a thing as too many??????
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #1571
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL! I'd definitely be booking more if it was just DH and myself. With DD7 and DS8, seminars and the like would get old FAST! They were into the idea of going to some IF they could see a chef they know from food network -- they LOVE many of them including Robert Irvine. Doesn't work out given our dates. Maybe next time...

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #1572
GossipGirl88
Earning My Ears

We have never done F&W before, but just (finally!) confirmed our trip for the last week of October. We have a lot planned already, but I'm really wanting to add a demonstration or something related to the F&W festival! So here's a question for all the F&W veterans out there: if you had to choose one seminar/special event to attend, what would it be? Any thoughts appreciated Thanks!
May 2008 - ASMu
February 2009 - Offiste
May 2010 - SSR
February 2012 - SSR
August 2012 - CSR
October 2013 - CSR
GossipGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #1573
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGirl88 View Post
We have never done F&W before, but just (finally!) confirmed our trip for the last week of October. We have a lot planned already, but I'm really wanting to add a demonstration or something related to the F&W festival! So here's a question for all the F&W veterans out there: if you had to choose one seminar/special event to attend, what would it be? Any thoughts appreciated Thanks!
Party for the Senses is fabulous! Sweet Sundays are really good also! There are so many that are good and it really depends on your taste, budget, etc.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #1574
PoohCorner71
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGirl88 View Post
If we could only do one thing during F&W it would be PFTS! We love it - and with Cirque Du Soleil back again this year! They were amazing the year that we went and they were the entertainment.

PoohCorner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #1575
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

For my first few years I just went to seminars. Learned lots. I like PFTS but I get more useable fun info at the seminars
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: