Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #1486
SarahInMN
Really my username should be SarahInOR now

Thanks y'all!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooo thankful for all the DIS'ers who kept me sane with all the insanity this morning!!!

see you at F&W!!!!!!!!!!!!

SarahInMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #1487
Mickey Team
Earning My Ears

Really helpful!

There is a lot of great info on here. Thank you!
Mickey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #1488
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Team View Post
There is a lot of great info on here. Thank you!
Ditto this!

And thanks to TDC Nala for creating and maintaining this thread -- so helpful!!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #1489
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
Ditto this!

And thanks to TDC Nala for creating and maintaining this thread -- so helpful!!
Strongly Agree!
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #1490
jaygalterio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Cool, thanks. Where is the pavilion located?
And what is the stuff you have to pick up? I'm intrigued!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
The "pavilion" is where the old Millenium Village use to be. The gateway is right between Canada and England. Not sure if this link will work, but here goes:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=epcot...&hq=epcot&z=20

The blue roofed arc shaped building is where 3D is held, as well as the Party for the Senses. It looks small from this angle, but its actually pretty big. There is a big wooden gate close to the walkway. That will be closed before the event.

A little before the Sweet Seats are opened, the little door in the gate will open and there will be a flurry of activity. That's when and where you check in if you have reserved seats. Then you walk up the pathway to the entrance of the building.

Inside there they give you the menu and color codes for the tables. You can spot what each table is giving out by matching the color above it to the color in the menu. They also give you a pair of glasses for the "3-D" later.

Now I believe if you go to the PFTS they don't give you the glasses, but they do give you a plate and wine glasses. But I could be mixing up the two.

This all happens in the "holding room" where you wait your turn to be shown to your reserved table. You get about a half hour of free reign in the room, grabbing what ever food you want, before GA is left in. (Which is well worth the extra price.)

The GA people fill up the holding room in the meantime. And then there is a "rope drop" where the curtain seperating the holding room is dropped. That's when the mad rush begins.

I don't care what anyone else says... There is always the initial mad rush of people that come in. Between waiting all that time and the spectre of no where to sit, some people can get pretty animated. Plus there is always someone (or someones) that haven't had a good day and are intent on getting their money's worth.

My wife and I have done GA a couple of times before. And we've always offered our empty seats to anyone who politely asks. One time I spotted line mates that had gotten stuck with one of the bartops. And invited them over to the table as well. It's always turned out well. (So be nice to the people waiting in line with you if you are GA. )

Advice... Go hungry. Don't eat dinner. Eat an early lunch. There is *a lot* of food to have. Mostly desert stuff, but a little bit of real food that could make up a dinner.

When the event is over, they ferry everyone out of the event hall. If it's raining, they usually hand out ponchos. They also usually hand out a goodie bag of chocolates and such.

The event includes a special viewing area for the fireworks. The last two years its been the area between the two Gateway shops near the ferries. Which usually results in really annoying the families that were waiting there hoping the ropes would drop for them.

It doesn't help that half the event goers are half crocked from all the free Scotch and wine that are handed out at the event.

This is also where those 3-D glasses come into use. But I won't ruin the surprise of what they are for.

Last edited by jaygalterio; 08-13-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: End got cut off
jaygalterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #1491
PSU
Mouseketeer

Ditto re: thanks to the thread originator/organizer/F&W fest guru - very helpful The morning dial in was somewhat successful - got some of what we wanted...cast member initially clueless and apologetic - but helpful. I work for a big company and the lack of preparedness doesn't surprise me - feel bad for the phone folks...hope their day wasn't too horrific...
PSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #1492
herb102211
DIS Veteran

Thanks TDC Nala!! :)

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club, 10/14- Beach Club
Me (28) DH (28)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #1493
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

TDC Nala - your help and time you devote to this is immeasurable. We can't thank you enough! Next time our paths cross Margaritas
at The Ditch are on me!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #1494
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Gawrsh thanks you all. I do hope the odds were ever in your favor.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #1495
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Do you just give your name when you show up, like a normal dining ressie?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yes. All the special dining events have a registration list. When you check in for any event, they'll mark you off on the list.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #1496
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Jaygsltero,

Thanks for explaining where the dessert party and PFTS are located. Is the Festival Center the gold domed building? First time to F &W.
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #1497
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

PFTS is supposed to be a moveable cocktail,party. You are supposed to circulate around, tasting bites, sipping wine. There is no need for this crazy table saving or someone sitting while another gets up. Walk around together, get bites, eat them, go to next chef. If something needs to be cut, lean at a high table for a minute, exchange a pleasantry with someone standing there and move on. This is not a sit down dinner and I still don't under stand the big deal about a table (unless you have a disability or trouble standing or walking, of course.) if we see a partly empty high top, we'll stop for a minute to eat our food ( often to a very disgruntled person all agitated because he table is " saved") and move on.

Last edited by conandrob240; 08-13-2013 at 08:23 PM.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #1498
jaygalterio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnishobson View Post
Jaygsltero,

Thanks for explaining where the dessert party and PFTS are located. Is the Festival Center the gold domed building? First time to F &W.
You're very welcome. I know it's not obvious where things are for a first timer.

And yes, the gold roofed building near the front of the park is the Festival Welcome Center. All of the smaller festival events happen there. I.e. most of the $15 seminars and the Sweet Sundays.

Pretty much everything that isn't a really big event or in a specific country.

(Of course I am making a broad generalization and probably forgetting something that doesn't happen at the Welcome Center. So make sure you check the event description to confirm.)
jaygalterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #1499
toomuchtv
Earning My Ears

I'm so jealous of all of you going to Kitchen Memories with the Voltaggios. DH & I will be at AK that day, while I lament about the fact that 2 of my favorite chefs are so close, yet so far away.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #1500
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
PFTS is supposed to be a moveable cocktail,party. You are supposed to circulate around, tasting bites, sipping wine. There is no need for this crazy table saving or someone sitting while another gets up. Walk around together, get bites, eat them, go to next chef. If something needs to be cut, lean at a high table for a minute, exchange a pleasantry with someone standing there and move on. This is not a sit down dinner and I still don't under stand the big deal about a table (unless you have a disability or trouble standing or walking, of course.) if we see a partly empty high top, we'll stop for a minute to eat our food ( often to a very disgruntled person all agitated because he table is " saved") and move on.
To each his own, of course! But they have reserved seating because certainly not everyone wants to roam around the entire time if they don't have to.

Vive la difference!!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: