Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: My thoughts about plans for DVC at the Poly
Please dont!! This will ruin the relaxing atmosphere. 82 42.49%
One building perhaps, current plans are too much. 33 17.10%
I love all the plans as they are!!! 54 27.98%
Not sure how I feel 24 12.44%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #16
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

think one is the gym - since the Poly does not have one now - but agree it is in a strange place. most of the gyms that DVC does is close to the pool - and the other side is closer to the non-dvc pool.

so don;t know.

just hope that they don't try to make this new pool only for Polyn guests only. that is causing enough problems at BLT - where it is a size problem.

looks like the Polyn pool will be big enough for the entire resort.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I have never understood what people mean when they say the Polynesian needs to be redone, truly rehabbed. The rooms have been recently rehabbed, to the best of my knowledge. And the exterior?? Leave it alone. The Polynesian was designed to be representative of buildings in Polynesia. I'm not sure what people want it to look like!!! Every resort has a specific theme. You don't see people saying the CR needs to be rehabbed since it looks dated!!! Geez.

I own DVC...at BWV and at BLT. I will never stay at the VGF...I don't care for the GF to begin with and feel no need to ever stay at a villa there. And while I like the Polynesian well enough, I don't see the need for DVC there. But, no one asked me for my opinion!!! Just seems to be too much building going on along the monorail route. Getting a wee bit crowded for my tastes.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #18
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I have never understood what people mean when they say the Polynesian needs to be redone, truly rehabbed. The rooms have been recently rehabbed, to the best of my knowledge. And the exterior?? Leave it alone. The Polynesian was designed to be representative of buildings in Polynesia. I'm not sure what people want it to look like!!! Every resort has a specific theme. You don't see people saying the CR needs to be rehabbed since it looks dated!!! Geez.

I own DVC...at BWV and at BLT. I will never stay at the VGF...I don't care for the GF to begin with and feel no need to ever stay at a villa there. And while I like the Polynesian well enough, I don't see the need for DVC there. But, no one asked me for my opinion!!! Just seems to be too much building going on along the monorail route. Getting a wee bit crowded for my tastes.
I agree, I think that if they MUST add more DVC one building by the luau cove is enough. I am not anti DVC at all, I am thinking of buying in, I just think that it is getting way to congested in this area. Would love to have a completley new resort in a new expansive location and leave the poly as is.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Does anyone have a link to the plans?
Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater92 View Post
I would like to try the Poly so I want them to make it a DVC resort but they need to upgrade the entire resort and get rid of that nasty smell before I'll ever want to stay there.
There is no "nasty smell" at the Poly. Except for the pool hoppers, of course. They stink pretty bad!
huntconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #21
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntconn View Post
There is no "nasty smell" at the Poly. Except for the pool hoppers, of course. They stink pretty bad!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #22
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I think that most people who look at what are the current plans ,it is a bit much for the size of the property. DVC will not change the current buildings too much, just crowd the property.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #23
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Would love to see these too. We LOVE the Poly and it is our favorite resort so far. But unless we get one heck of a deal (like the $199/nt we got last fall) we will not stay there as I just won't spend the insane amount they charge. However, we have considered adding on and probably would at the Poly
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #24
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Some of the unofficial poly sites have them up. Looks like 2 new 5 floor buildings, Tahiti all DVC, 20 grand villas out over the water in front of Tahiti , and a new pool.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #25
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Put the $$ towards a complete re-haul of the monorail system.

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I don't think anyone outside of Disney Imagineering, Disney management, and their contractors (if they have really gotten that far) have seen any real plans. I am not even aware of any concept art that has been leaked.

Tikiman has a photoshopped resort map based on information that he got from his Poly "sources" that may or may not be accurate. Obviously he doesn't identify his sources and while they may provide him with whatever information they have been told that doesn't mean that they are in a position to have seen any official plans or know what they official schedules are. Their information may be second or third hand and we all know that Disney's plans and schedules are notoriously subject to change.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #27
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post

I totally agree! So glad I'm staying at the Poly once more before construction starts. We will probably go back to Beach Club for our next trip.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #28
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
I don't think anyone outside of Disney Imagineering, Disney management, and their contractors (if they have really gotten that far) have seen any real plans. I am not even aware of any concept art that has been leaked.

Tikiman has a photoshopped resort map based on information that he got from his Poly "sources" that may or may not be accurate. Obviously he doesn't identify his sources and while they may provide him with whatever information they have been told that doesn't mean that they are in a position to have seen any official plans or know what they official schedules are. Their information may be second or third hand and we all know that Disney's plans and schedules are notoriously subject to change.
That is a very good point. Perhaps it will not be as extensive as reported, i guess we will have to wait and see. Historicaly is disney very tighed lipped about dvc plans? I remember being at wdw when BLT was going up and cast members claiming they did not know what it was.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #29
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
I totally agree! So glad I'm staying at the Poly once more before construction starts. We will probably go back to Beach Club for our next trip.
I wish I could get in one more trip before this mess starts but I don't think so planning a back up for possible next Aug, DH and Ds are not happy about it.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #30
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I voted for 1 building only, the one at the end toward wedding Pavillion. Adding a hot tub and another pool would be nice, as volcano pool is too small.
I think the current plans are awful, cramming more buildings, and adding the villas on the water will ruin what was once a beautiful, relaxing resort, with pretty landscaping.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: