Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

Sell Me on Yacht Club and Boardwalk Inn

I currently have a reservation for May 2014 at Beach Club. It will be our 1st time at the Beach Club, and I am SO excited. However, we really want a discount, and are hoping we get one. If, by chance, one isn't offered for next spring, I am considering Yacht Club and Boardwalk Inn. (Fingers crossed that we get a discount SOMEWHERE!)

Can you please sell me on these other resorts and tell me what you love about them?

FYI - Our girls will be 4 & 6 when we travel. The huge plus for me with Beach Club was walking to EPCOT, boat to HS and the pool...
DisneyMomChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
madalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomChristine View Post
The huge plus for me with Beach Club was walking to EPCOT, boat to HS
This is pretty much the same thing with both YC and BWI. Yes, BC is a little shorter walk to Epcot, but in the grand scheme of the amount of walking one does at WDW, it's hardly worth mentioning.
madalex is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I've stayed at all 3, two times at each one. Plus I am a DVC member with ownership at BCV with many stays there.

My favorite is BWI, then YC and BC. Only half of the rooms at BC have full balconies and both of my stays there, I've had rooms without a full balcony and that's a big deal to me. However, I love the BC lobby, love the vibe there. I also love that the BC marketplace is right off the lobby.

YC, all rooms have balconies. Although I don't like the lobby as well (and miss the marketplace) as I like BC, I prefer having that full balcony. Also, YC gets picked up first on the bus loop which is nice in the mornings as it's often SRO by the time it gets to BC.

BWI, I like overall much better. I like the room decor, I like the CMs here (nicest at WDW IMO). And don't flame me, but I like the pool better here. SAB is a great pool for older kids who can really swim. And it's also got a great area for very young children who don't swim. But those in between ages are rough at SAB so I prefer the clown pool for poor to mediocre swimmers. I've stayed in a BW view room and a courtyard view room and I love the vibe of the boardwalk.

I don't find the walks to the parks to be much different from any of the resorts. We walk to both Epcot and DHS and to all 5 Epcot resorts and to me, the convenience is the same at any of them.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at all 3 and the Boardwalk was my favorite hands down. I loved the themeing, the entertainment along the Boardwalk, the pool, the short walk to Epcot and HS, all the restaurant choices. Honestly, the only benefit I see for staying at Yacht and Beach is Stormalong Bay, if you like it. Personally, I don't, so it's a no brainer to stay at Boardwalk.
sonofanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I really wouldn't stress about picking from those three resorts. They are all very similar in the features they offer so just pick according to price. I guess the exception would be Stormalong Bay access. If that's important to you then pick either YC or BC.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Robbi
DIS Veteran

You can walk to Epcot and DHS from YC, BW, and BC.
The BWI and BC are fun and the YC is quieter. The YC felt like more of an old people resort. I'm 55 and felt it was stodgy, lol.
They're all very nice though. I agree with Pakey that BWI has nicer CMs. BC would be next and YC last.
The pool, SAB, is nice but crowded and very hard to manage if you have 2 kids wanting to swim in separate areas because it's very large. The lazy river current moves pretty quickly. IMO, it's a better pool for kids who are a little older than your girls but, of course, you know their skills better than I do.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: