Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #1051
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Steve, Tikiman, sent you a PM on the Dis boards. I have a question for you and wanted to tell you something.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #1052
uagirl
Oh Toodles!

We are debating between GF and the Poly for December 2014. We would say in Hawaii. What kind of construction are we looking at dealing with?

I love Poly, but all of this construction is making me feel like GF might be the better option.

Me-33 DH-33 Princess C-Bear-4 Princess C-Mouse - 4 months
uagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #1053
strangedesign
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
Other than the reflection in the water, am I correct in thinking that the construction won't screw up the view of Wishes from the beach that much?

I mean, it's dark and the fireworks are way up in the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
It shouldn't especially if you are on the beach. It will ruin the tranquil view of the lagoon and castle from both Tahiti and part of Hawaii though once they are built. I would venture to guess the people in those rooms should be able to see most of Wishes except maybe the really low stuff and the castle changing colors.
We just watched Hallowishes from the beach on Wednesday night. The new villas will definitely take some of the unobstructed viewing area away from the beach. We sat directly in front of the hammock and I am pretty sure we would not be able to see from there once the villas are built.

I have some pictures I took but since I don't have enough posts yet I can't post them. Stay tuned....
strangedesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #1054
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangedesign View Post
We just watched Hallowishes from the beach on Wednesday night. The new villas will definitely take some of the unobstructed viewing area away from the beach. We sat directly in front of the hammock and I am pretty sure we would not be able to see from there once the villas are built.

I have some pictures I took but since I don't have enough posts yet I can't post them. Stay tuned....
Would love to see those pictures. Thanks for the update!

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #1055
strangedesign
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
Would love to see those pictures. Thanks for the update!
Here is a panorama taken from near the fire pit.

Here is another panorama taken from right near the hammock.

This picture is taken from the path directly in front of room 1505 of Hawaii.

And this one is taken from the 2nd floor stairs of Tokelau.

Here is a link to the album if you want to see the full size pictures. http://imgur.com/a/tFKP1

Last edited by strangedesign; 11-03-2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: couldn't post pictures when i first replied to this post.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #1056
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
There is also a wheelchair that suspends down into the quiet pool for those in wheelchairs. You can also bypass having to use the TTC path by utilizing the monorail from the resort and taking it to the TTC to connect with the Epcot monorail. This is how we usually do it as I am in a wheelchair outside of the room. There are still quite a few handicapped accessible rooms but you may be a little bit more spread out in the resort.
Great to know that the quiet pool has a pool lift too! Thank you!
We use the path to the TTC during the Marathon Weekend races. For the 1/2and Full Marathons, the resort monorail does not run that early in the morning, only the monorail that goes direct to Epcot from the TTC. Hopefully it will be fine, I'm sure it will all work out one way or another...

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #1057
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

I will say that Dock is going in a rapid pace. I swear I've seen more people working on that dock, than the Mine Coaster at MK.

I got to say the noise wasn't that bad for the week I was there. Granted I wasn't in a longhouse near the dock, but even walking around the resort it wasn't overly noticeable. They didn't seem to start until the late morning, and always wrapped things up by 4-5pm.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #1058
Sue M
DIS Veteran

that is definitely going to ruin the views. Sad. But so far I'm still planning to stay at Poly late August. I just wish they would have made the DVC less intrusive, and put it down by the luau cove, like they did at GF and left the resort as is, and added on at the end of the property.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #1059
strangedesign
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
that is definitely going to ruin the views. Sad. But so far I'm still planning to stay at Poly late August. I just wish they would have made the DVC less intrusive, and put it down by the luau cove, like they did at GF and left the resort as is, and added on at the end of the property.
The views will definitely be ruined. Look at my earlier post in this thread for a bunch of pics I took this past week from the beach.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #1060
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer

Is it confirmed or still suspected that they'll be doing above water Bora-Bora style huts?

Also, new tikiman site is outstanding

My first trip report! Flower & Garden Birthday Spectacular
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post51003637

Grand Floridian 88, 89 Fort Wilderness Lodge 90, 94 Off-Site (with group as HS Band Member) 97
Off-Site (with group as HS Band Director) 03, 07, Dec 09, Dec 13 Polynesian Aug 09 Coronado Springs Aug 11 (30th Birthday) Caribbean Beach Jan 12 Beach Club Villas Mar 14
Fantasia79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #1061
mj333
Earning My Ears

Just like Disney. Always evolving. I can't wait to see the finished product.
mj333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #1062
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

updates on tikiman fb page....post from someone there in Hawaii right now, good details.....
https://www.facebook.com/Tikimanpages

Old 11-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #1063
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

video from the week of nov 1.....I cant imagine that TPV are not currently blocked, in particular the lower floors?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qmzQrXxSEI

Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #1064
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
video from the week of nov 1.....I cant imagine that TPV are not currently blocked, in particular the lower floors?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qmzQrXxSEI
If you go to Tikiman's FB site and look at the comments posted under this video you will see that someone shared their experience staying in room 1502 in Hawaii. Sounds like their TPV was definitely affected. I would be really upset to pay full TPV price and have to deal with that. Yikes.

CT Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #1065
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
If you go to Tikiman's FB site and look at the comments posted under this video you will see that someone shared their experience staying in room 1502 in Hawaii. Sounds like their TPV was definitely affected. I would be really upset to pay full TPV price and have to deal with that. Yikes.
Me too!!! Thanks so much to all te dissers who are posting pictures and sharing there impresstions, so glad that we can count on each other for the most up to date info. I would have been livid if I checked into a TPV and had that view!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: