Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #976
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
YEA STEVE!!!!! The new site is AWESOME!!!! Than you thank you thank you!!!!
I second that
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #977
goofy Jr. 88
Mouseketeer
 
goofy Jr. 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 1317 miles from Disney
Posts: 207

Steve,
Thanks for keeping the Polynesian torch burning.
__________________


DISdad # 383
goofy Jr. 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #978
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy Jr. 88 View Post
Steve,
Thanks for keeping the Polynesian torch burning.
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #979
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 530

I am doing my best to read back through the pages to get accurate information. When will the main pool be closed and do we have 100% confirmation of this? I am a Disney travel agent and we have been told nothing. I have a client scheduled to stay TPV club level in April and I am starting to think I should have them switch to a different resort if their view will be obstructed and the main pool will be closed. If someone could link me to concrete information about the pool closure for next year, I would greatly appreciate it.

ETA: will TPV club level be an obstructed view? I thought I read that a few places in this thread. Why are they even allowing these rooms to be booked?
__________________
Lauren, wife of D, mom of 3 cute dancing girls

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Monorail Bob's dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #980
Babsy
DIS Veteran
 
Babsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,248

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyurm View Post
http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/ Like EpcotBill said, it's not new only redesigned. It looks a lot better than the old site.
Oh MY!!! The new design is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Steve,

THANK YOU!! This is amazing! Even better than before and I didn't think that was possible!

Babs
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #981
PelletierBears
Mouseketeer
 
PelletierBears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Oh MY!!! The new design is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Steve,

THANK YOU!! This is amazing! Even better than before and I didn't think that was possible!

Babs

I totally agree. Thanks Steve for keeping the site going
__________________
DH, Me, DS 20, DD 18! Bosco Amber

1982 - offsite, 1996 - offsite, May 2001 - AKL, June 2006 - WL, June 2007 - WL, July 2008 - WL, June 2009 -Split stay: Pirate rm CBR & Poly Club Level!, December 2010 -Split stay: POP & WL, June 2012 - Split stay: CSR & WL, January 2014 - Split stay: AKL Club level & Poly, January 2015 - AKL Club level
PelletierBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #982
ilalum03
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11

Poly - May 5 - May 12

We are planning our kids first trip to Disney May 5 - May 12 and celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We were going to splurge on the Poly.

What impact with the construction have on our stay?

Thanks!
ilalum03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #983
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran
 
mrsp1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 978

It appears that the volcano pool will be closed.
mrsp1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #984
Babsy
DIS Veteran
 
Babsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,248

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilalum03 View Post
We are planning our kids first trip to Disney May 5 - May 12 and celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We were going to splurge on the Poly.

What impact with the construction have on our stay?

Thanks!
The way I see it is there are 4 potential effects:

(1) Noise during the daytime may effect naps/relaxation at the resort.

(2) Themed pool will likely be closed.

(3) View/atmosphere may not be as magical.

(4) Risk of monorail reduced hours of operation or even closures.

I'm not sure if anyone can predict for sure how much of any of these will be in effect during any particular time period over the next year or so, but it seems to me that any or all of these could be in place.

Some people are more troubled by these issues than others. Also, I believe that sometimes the disruption will be less than other times. The problem with deciding what to do about staying at the POLY is the uncertainty as to the degree to which it will be an inconvenience during YOUR STAY.

Disney will try to minimize the negative impact and will set in place ways for guests to continue to have the best experience possible. Unfortunately, there is no way to get around the fact that work is being done that necessitates some closures, noise and reduced atmosphere.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #985
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,410

There is another photo up of construction on tikiman fb
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #986
samanthap
Mouseketeer
 
samanthap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 98

We are booked at poly 12/10-15 in club level. Wondering if I should just switch to a standard room to be further away from construction? Any thoughts?
samanthap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #987
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,410

Photos on tikiman FB page of new docks being put in.
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #988
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
The way I see it is there are 4 potential effects:

(1) Noise during the daytime may effect naps/relaxation at the resort.

(2) Themed pool will likely be closed.

(3) View/atmosphere may not be as magical.

(4) Risk of monorail reduced hours of operation or even closures.

I'm not sure if anyone can predict for sure how much of any of these will be in effect during any particular time period over the next year or so, but it seems to me that any or all of these could be in place.

Some people are more troubled by these issues than others. Also, I believe that sometimes the disruption will be less than other times. The problem with deciding what to do about staying at the POLY is the uncertainty as to the degree to which it will be an inconvenience during YOUR STAY.

Disney will try to minimize the negative impact and will set in place ways for guests to continue to have the best experience possible. Unfortunately, there is no way to get around the fact that work is being done that necessitates some closures, noise and reduced atmosphere.
Why would the monorail be closed other than work on the GCH which as of yet they haven't even come out with a date? I also can't see them closing it down for any length of time as that is a major draw to the resort.
__________________
karriealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #989
Babsy
DIS Veteran
 
Babsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,248

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Why would the monorail be closed other than work on the GCH which as of yet they haven't even come out with a date? I also can't see them closing it down for any length of time as that is a major draw to the resort.
They have had it closed down from 11:00 - 6:00 for a couple of weeks this Oct. Apparently it had something to do with finishing off VGF.

I don't know why, but obviously sometimes it happens. With construction going on, it is a risk, IMO.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #990
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
They have had it closed down from 11:00 - 6:00 for a couple of weeks this Oct. Apparently it had something to do with finishing off VGF.

I don't know why, but obviously sometimes it happens. With construction going on, it is a risk, IMO.
I was just going to bring up that same point.
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: