Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #946
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

Great, thanks, you guys.

Planning all this has been like a hobby for the past few months. I would love an excuse to go in yet another resort's pool. ;-)
Bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #947
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

Aha ... that explains why I couldn't find any mention of the GF kids club on the WDW website, hahah! There were still reviews for "Mouseketeer Club" on -- I think? -- Allears.com, so my hopes got up. THANKS!
Bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #948
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

We arrive next weekend. We originally requested tokeluea...based on current construction are we okay or should we request another longhouse? I have t checked in yet online but annex to this weekend!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #949
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

Been here all week. There is now a huge yellow sediment floatation system out in the water surrounding the Sunset Point area. Pretty ugly but I'm sure necessary.
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #950
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

I am really sorry. I did not know that the kids club at the Grand Floridian had closed. All the deluxes used to have them but it may be down to the Poly which will be going down for refurbishment, WL and AKL.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #951
Disneyducks
Earning My Ears

Hi Steve I am new to this and have gained a world of insight due to you and the other DIS members. I had a question regarding the tokelau longhouse - we are planning Nov 15-23 and wondering if requesting the quiet pool side if the construction would not be a concern? We have a toddler that will be napping (and a couple of parents) and wanted your opinion?
We are traveling with my elderly parents and one needs to have a scooter for long distances but otherwise is ok with walking. Would really appreciate your thoughts???

As an aside, I just discovered your website a few weeks ago and have gained some much information and from what I have seen of the comments here, people value it and would like you to reconsider keeping it going as you are obviously passionate about what you do which passes the magic to the rest of us!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #952
smallsy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Markers and barriers just went up out in the lagoon off the Hawaii beach where the bungalows will be. They will be directly in front most of the rooms in Hawaii between them and the castle.
Hmm... So if we booked TPV CL for January, there is a potential for us to actually be more like LV? I requested a ground floor room too because we have strollers. This may sound trite, but would it be worth us asking for a price adjustment if we are in fact given a different room category when we arrive? How would we even know if the room category has changed? I'm perfectly fine paying the price we've paid, but that's assuming that it really is a TPV.
smallsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #953
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallsy View Post
Hmm... So if we booked TPV CL for January, there is a potential for us to actually be more like LV? I requested a ground floor room too because we have strollers. This may sound trite, but would it be worth us asking for a price adjustment if we are in fact given a different room category when we arrive? How would we even know if the room category has changed? I'm perfectly fine paying the price we've paid, but that's assuming that it really is a TPV.
I wouldn't worry about the strollers and what floor you are on. The longhouses have elevators which makes getting to your room with the strollers easier. I use a wheelchair and used to request ground floor also until I realized that the elevators worked just as well as being on the ground floor.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #954
mcphotography
Dis Vet

Construction at Hawaii

So how affected am I going to be if I booked a club level room for second week of April? No Volcano pool and construction outside my window??

[/url]Me DW DD20 DD12Contemporary 1982,
POFQ 2009,11, 13, Boardwalk CL 2014,
POFQ 2015
mcphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #955
nancy01
Earning My Ears

The Beach Club also has a nice kids club which is great if you're going to Epcot or the Boardwalk area.
nancy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #956
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Tikiman fb page has photos of current view from Tahiti......looks yuck but check it out for yourself.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #957
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Last time they did this they put in a temporary slide at the East pool and it was more crowded than usual.
Do you have any photos of that? I'm just curious what that would look like?!
Could they even do that anymore with the shallow depth of the pool now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
Suprised that Aotearoa doesn't get recommended more during the construction. Seems like it's farther away from the construction areas than anything else, plus it's closer to the pools at the GF.
We loved Aotearoa when we stayed there~ it was the perfect location! Although, we were on the lagoon facing side. We had a garden view room; we could actually see the lagoon and GF from our patio, but there was a fair amount of foliage in front, which I'm assuming why it was in that category. We really did love it though!
I'm not sure how quiet the monorail side is~ we had a monorail room at the GF and it was not as quiet as we thought it would be.
Does anyone have experiences with this?

I'm really hoping that the TTC path will not be blocked off in the future.
We are staying at the Poly pretty much JUST for that reason. We are staying in January for Marathon Weekend, and are staying with a charity group that has a lot of wheelchair families. The group books the Poly for the access to the monorail for the races for that reason. I'm still surprised that the group was booked there, with the potential closing of Rapa Nui (a lg amount of handicapped accessible rooms taken out of inventory), the potential closing of the volcano pool (access to another resort's pool being difficult for a lot of these families), it makes me uneasy that this will be a pleasant stay without obstacles. I pray it all works out.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #958
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post

We loved Aotearoa when we stayed there~ it was the perfect location! Although, we were on the lagoon facing side. We had a garden view room; we could actually see the lagoon and GF from our patio, but there was a fair amount of foliage in front, which I'm assuming why it was in that category. We really did love it though!
I'm not sure how quiet the monorail side is~ we had a monorail room at the GF and it was not as quiet as we thought it would be.

We are staying at the Poly pretty much JUST for that reason. We are staying in January for Marathon Weekend, and are staying with a charity group that has a lot of wheelchair families. The group books the Poly for the access to the monorail for the races for that reason. I'm still surprised that the group was booked there, with the potential closing of Rapa Nui (a lg amount of handicapped accessible rooms taken out of inventory), the potential closing of the volcano pool (access to another resort's pool being difficult for a lot of these families), it makes me uneasy that this will be a pleasant stay without obstacles. I pray it all works out.
There is also a wheelchair that suspends down into the quiet pool for those in wheelchairs. You can also bypass having to use the TTC path by utilizing the monorail from the resort and taking it to the TTC to connect with the Epcot monorail. This is how we usually do it as I am in a wheelchair outside of the room. There are still quite a few handicapped accessible rooms but you may be a little bit more spread out in the resort.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #959
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post

We often stay at Aotearoa and we request a monorail view room. The rooms at the farthest end have a spectacular view of the coming and going of the monorail. Noise is not a big deal as the monorail is pretty quiet most days.

The only issue here is you are pretty far from the GCH . Its a LONG long house, and it is the farthest walk on property next to Tuvalu. And that house is only worth the walk for the TP or lagoon view...
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #960
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
We often stay at Aotearoa and we request a monorail view room. The rooms at the farthest end have a spectacular view of the coming and going of the monorail. Noise is not a big deal as the monorail is pretty quiet most days.

The only issue here is you are pretty far from the GCH . Its a LONG long house, and it is the farthest walk on property next to Tuvalu. And that house is only worth the walk for the TP or lagoon view...
Tuvalu is actually very close to the GCH (we've stayed there twice). You just have to walk past Fiji and around the marina (2 minutes). Did you mean to say far from the TTC? It is the farthest to the TTC from that end of the resort, but only about 10 minutes, although that wouldn't be super convenient if there a lot of people in the group with wheelchairs.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: