Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #901
KodakFigment
Mouseketeer

I keep reading about the pool being closed down in January and March til.... Does that mean the pool will be open in Feb? I have friends who agonized for months over their resort choice and the pool is a big factor. Would like to let them know if you all think it will be closed.

Halfway through the Resort list - but now living only minutes away
KodakFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #902
scarlett24
Dreamin' of Disney

We are going to be staying at the Polynesian April 1-8, 2014. I just received a letter from Disney about the refurb during our visit. It says that Sunset Point and a portion of the beach will be closed. It also says that the beach excluding Sunset Point will be open. "All of our world-class amenities, including our shops, pools, marina and dining are still available for you to enjoy." It says pools, so hopefully the Volcano Pool will be open. Hopefully this is accurate info. Very, very excited to hear the Volcano Pool will be open.
December 2007 Wilderness Lodge

December 2008 Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2010 Polynesian
May 2012 Polynesian
May 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy-our first cruise! Poly & Yacht and Beach Club
April 2014 Polynesian

scarlett24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #903
suzu
Mouseketeer

For those guest currently on the property...now that construction fences are up at the Poly, are you able to walk to the TTC on sidewalks? We're set to be on property late November and while I mourn potential loss of some of the pool and beach space, I'm most concerned about the walk to the TTC and current delays to the monorail.
suzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #904
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodakFigment View Post
I keep reading about the pool being closed down in January and March til.... Does that mean the pool will be open in Feb? I have friends who agonized for months over their resort choice and the pool is a big factor. Would like to let them know if you all think it will be closed.
I would be prepared for it to be closed in Feb. It seems like these (jan and Mar) are start times for different construction efforts at the pool. Delays and changes in schedule all make the main pool availability questionable starting in jan, IMO. Apparently, Disney does say that they will shuttle people to the GF pool if it is closed. Also, there is a quiet pool at the Poly.

However,
If the pool is a big factor, I would probably look to stay elsewhere in Feb. How about the WL, BC or BWI? The pools there are very nice.

Just my opinion, of course. But, I'm not a risk taker when it is something that is important to me. They may go and find that the pool is open in Feb. I don't think that anyone knows for sure.

Last edited by Babsy; 10-16-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #905
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett24 View Post
We are going to be staying at the Polynesian April 1-8, 2014. I just received a letter from Disney about the refurb during our visit. It says that Sunset Point and a portion of the beach will be closed. It also says that the beach excluding Sunset Point will be open. "All of our world-class amenities, including our shops, pools, marina and dining are still available for you to enjoy." It says pools, so hopefully the Volcano Pool will be open. Hopefully this is accurate info. Very, very excited to hear the Volcano Pool will be open.
Very interesting.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #906
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzu View Post
For those guest currently on the property...now that construction fences are up at the Poly, are you able to walk to the TTC on sidewalks? We're set to be on property late November and while I mourn potential loss of some of the pool and beach space, I'm most concerned about the walk to the TTC and current delays to the monorail.
Yes, you can still easily walk to the TTC.

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #907
Disneyducks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
407-934-7639
Thanks!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #908
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mickey mom View Post
We are from the Midwest so 60 degrees in January is WARM for us too. I know the pools are heated so I would assume the waterpark pools are heated too. At least I hope they are...

When are you going in January? We are staying January 11-18, 2014.
I'm not sure about the pools at the waterparks because we don't go there. We like to do the parks as early as possible in the mornings and it's usually too chilly (it can be in the 40s and sometimes even the 30s as lows in Jan! One year we were at the Poly and a bunch of vegetation was dead due to a frost). We will be there from Jan 29-Feb 2, just in time for both of my kids' brays! Have fun!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #909
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Hey guys Steve Tikiman said he would consider keeping his site up if he hit 6000 Facebook likes by the 24th. Lets make this happen. He is only about 1500 off that mark now. Please let every Poly lover you know to like his site so that we wont lose this terrific guy!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #910
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzu View Post
We were there last week and they had an opening in the fence to get through to the TTC. It is closer to the parking lot side than the beach side.

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR, October 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #911
JandLsMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodakFigment View Post
I've been wondering the same thing, until it hit me yesterday...aren't they working on resurfacing in January? I'm not sure what all that involves, but would it involved draining the pool? If they're starting major renovations with removing the volcano portion starting in March / April, I'm assuming they wouldn't fill the pool just for a month. Then again, maybe I'm completely way off base. It's happened before.
JandLsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:09 AM   #912
CoCo34
Earning My Ears

Path to TTC

We are going back to Poly for our 3rd time in January and have always LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the proximity to the TTC and the extra transportation options that gives us. Although it appears this path is still open, I can't imagine they will be able to keep it open throughout the entire construction project. Does anyone have any idea when they will close this down?
CoCo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #913
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

I'm having a heck of a time searching and finding particular posts (using the Dis app). Can anyone give me the briefest of brief run down of what the current construction timeline is looking like? How bad is it expected to be next September? we are going to be traveling with a 15 month old and I was fully prepared to shell out the extra cash to stay here to be on the monorail (typically very happy to stay moderate). But all this construction talk is scaring me.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #914
mfulk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Finn View Post
I would love to get a recommendation about what room to request. We are going in January with our five and two year old. We will mainly be at mk and Epcot and will be going back and forth to the room for naps so I was thinking something close to transportation? The monorail? I was thinking about requesting Raro tonga, Niue, or Toke Lau. Does anyone have any ideas? Which longhouse and any specific view or location? Thanks so much!!
We've stayed in Rapa Nui twice with our 4 kids (8 and under) and loved the location. It's a very quick walk to the TTC and an easy walk to the pool and GCH. We drive so we also love that it has it's own little parking lot directly in front of it.
mfulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #915
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I have been away for a few days, say it is not so about Steve!!! First the Poly is a mess and now this

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: