Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #886
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
I can't imagine anyone in the right state of mind being okay with spending five or six hundred a night at the Poly to get shipped by a shuttle to use the pool at another hotel. That's insane. For that matter, I'd rather just stay at another hotel.
I agree. Even for 200 or 300 that would not work for me.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #887
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

But it's not like there won't be a pool available. The quiet pool will be open.
Aristocath is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #888
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

I would love to get a recommendation about what room to request. We are going in January with our five and two year old. We will mainly be at mk and Epcot and will be going back and forth to the room for naps so I was thinking something close to transportation? The monorail? I was thinking about requesting Raro tonga, Niue, or Toke Lau. Does anyone have any ideas? Which longhouse and any specific view or location? Thanks so much!!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #889
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Not sure how many people here knew.... Tikiman is shutting down his wonderful site. He is a regular here, and I just wanted to say thanks and Mahalo for all the great advice and help he has provided throughout the years.
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #890
samanthap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Not sure how many people here knew.... Tikiman is shutting down his wonderful site. He is a regular here, and I just wanted to say thanks and Mahalo for all the great advice and help he has provided throughout the years.
I just read his last post too. So sad. It's a great site.
samanthap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #891
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh no! Thanks for passing this news on.
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #892
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Thank you for all of your Poly advice over the years, Tikiman! I remember your being one of my first and most helpful resources when I joined the DIS almost thirteen years ago. I was just eleven at the time, but still loved your site! Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #893
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Is it possible that some guests who stay at the Poly aren't that interested in the main pool?

I've seen comments here about people paying $x/night and not being able to use the pool (or the monorail when that was temporarily down) and that they must be upset. Perhaps they just like the Poly for its overall ambiance, the grounds, or the location? Whatever it is, obviously they feel its worth it for them so who are we to question it?

Perhaps the better statement is that "I wouldn't stay at the Poly at $x/night if the main pool wasn't open"?
Old 10-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #894
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ditto

Tikiman's site has been one of my very favorite Disney-related sites.

I've also appreciated him taking the time to provide updates on this thread (especially since I don't have regular access to his terrific FB page as FB is blocked on my work and home computer).
Old 10-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #895
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Good point. Yes the rooms at those deluxes are much bigger than rooms at all the other deluxe resorts with WL and AKL being the smallest.
Steve I sent you a private message. Please read. Thanks
Old 10-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #896
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I really don't think it is going to be a problem. I would just go, watch and have fun but I would refrain from using the chairs etc,,, as that is what gets some peoples ire up.

hope its not! we are 6 families with 9 kids, will make a note not to sit in chairs if its busy!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #897
Pirate Mickey mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
We are doing Poly club level in Jan too! We are bigger fans of the quiet pool anyway so it's not an issue for us. FYI, Typhoon Lagoon is the only water park open in Jan...Blizzard Beach is closed. You may know this already but Jan can be pretty chilly sometimes so a water park may not be as much fun. When we were in the quiet pool last year, we were the only ones. People walked by us and said, "how can you be in there? It's freezing!" I told them we were Northerners...temps in the 60s in the winter is balmy
We are from the Midwest so 60 degrees in January is WARM for us too. I know the pools are heated so I would assume the waterpark pools are heated too. At least I hope they are...

When are you going in January? We are staying January 11-18, 2014.

1998 offsite, Jan 2010 CB, Nov 2010 POR, Mar 2011 Swan, Jan 2012 AKL Kidani Village/Disney Dream/CB, Jan 2013 Poly/Disney Fantasy, Jan 2014 Poly, January 2015 POR/Disney Dream
Pirate Mickey mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #898
Disneyducks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
I have no proof who you spoke to I only have the information that came from me being at the Polynesian and talking to the people that work at the front desk and in the offices behind the front desk. There is no possibility that all those people lied to me about this information so the only other explanation that supports my information being incorrect is they are all misinformed including the manager. You must consider that you cannot see who you were speaking with or what they did when they got off the phone. They could have called someone at Polynesian Recreation or even forwarded you to someone there. That is very possible but having a phone number that calls the front desk I am told is not possible. I will have to stick with the information that I am given from people that work there.
Hello, for the reservations is there a number that you recommend calling ? Thanks!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #899
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyducks View Post
hello, for the reservations is there a number that you recommend calling ? Thanks!!!
407-934-7639
Old 10-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #900
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Steve - so sorry that you are shutting down your wonderful site.

Thank you so much for all the help through the years. I will miss looking at your beautiful Poly site!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: